Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10551 10552 [10553] 10554 10555 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13188149 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #158280 on: September 12, 2021, 05:16:44 pm »

Broke the screen protector on my Switch today, which had been on there since I got it. A light impact when I put the bag it was in into my laundry cart. Must have hit the edge of the protector, since the crack, which spread across most of the screen, was centered on the bottom edge. It's a tempered glass protector, so I guess it's not designed to take a hit from the thin sides. The screen itself is undamaged. Luckily, it was a two-pack and I've kept the spare all these years.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #158281 on: September 12, 2021, 06:28:52 pm »

Sounds like it protected your screen.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158282 on: September 12, 2021, 09:36:04 pm »

One of the pewter BT minis I got for my birthday is missing the torso :/

A chunk from the waist down, two arms, two guns, two hands, two... tailpipes?  No body...

Even if I don't bother contacting the manufacturer for a replacement, could keep for bits to kitbash an oddball mech.  On another hand how often could I play a Jihad era mech, that time period isn't super popular...
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #158283 on: September 13, 2021, 12:28:49 am »

So far, two people have spoken with me about them being (or the possibility of them being) non-binary or otherwise gender non conforming, I.e. gender identity stuff. Two other people have also mentioned to me them being gay, bi, asexual, etc, i.e. orientation stuff.
When people speculate they are gender nonconforming, I get mildly panicky. It manifests as a fear of how other people will treat them. But people speculating or informing me they are not straight does not cause the same reaction in me, though I consciously know they are also targets. Why this inconsistent reaction?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158284 on: September 13, 2021, 01:16:28 am »

Maybe not being straight is something people knew about for a longer time than things like gender identity? So maybe you fear the newer thing being treated worse than the thing people know more about? I’m not sure if I worded this right, or if it’s even correct. It’s all just a guess

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158285 on: September 13, 2021, 07:46:15 am »

Yeah, the GLBLWMR I took to mean "global warmer."  Basically it's real-world trolling / flame bait.  I can understand personally not being sure what to do about climate change, because it's a "huge" problem which requires significant institutional action.

What I can't understand is a license plate like that, which appears to be designed to get half the people angry.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 09:12:16 am by McTraveller »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #158286 on: September 13, 2021, 08:20:15 am »

Today I learned of stargazy pie, the pie with fish heads sticking out of it.

I can think of less visually appealing pie, but not without... difficulty.

Yeah, the GLBLWMR I took to mean "global warmer."  Basically it's real-world trolling / flame bait.
I didn't even recognize that as a possibility until y'all mentioned it. I was trying to figure out what the WMR at the end of girls love/boys love meant. It was better when it was just gay :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #158287 on: September 13, 2021, 11:43:00 am »

Speaking of acronyms, do you wanna learn about how kerberos uses KDS and a TGT to communicate to a NAS attached to a TACACS+ to authenticate using PPP, PAP, CHAP, and EAP, CHAP itself using PPP, LCP, NCP, PAP, and CHAP, or perhaps MSCHAP(v1 or v2?), or perhaps RADIUS as directed by the IETF as an AAA protocol built on a number of RFCs, or perhaps the IETFAAAWG's replacement of RADIUS, Diameter?

my brain is full of fuck and i hate this chapter

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #158288 on: September 13, 2021, 11:47:32 am »

Abbreviations have become a societal disease
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

None

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158289 on: September 13, 2021, 11:58:55 am »

here's some more very useful questions to ask when dabbling in acronyms:

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158290 on: September 13, 2021, 12:17:27 pm »

let

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158291 on: September 14, 2021, 09:05:32 am »

Walked out on my job today. My step-cousin, who also works there and whom I've also had problems like this with before, saw that I was already having a very bad day and decided to do what he could to make it worse. Which almost resulted in violence if the manager hadn't stepped in and stopped him(note, not me, him). However, they're trying to sweep the whole incident under the rug, trying to say it was an "accident", without bothering to explain how someone cornering me in the break room and nearly attacking me is an "accident".

So I left. They think I just left for the day to calm down. Haven't decided yet if that's the case.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158292 on: September 14, 2021, 11:13:06 am »

here's some more very useful questions to ask when dabbling in acronyms:

Aside from the explosion radius question, those are harmless network security questions.

RADIUS is a form of enterprise wifi crypto/security used to ensure only authorized devices can connect.

Kerberos is an identity-token, and time sensitive cryptographic protocol suite used by microsoft for SMB 2.0 and SMB 3.0 protocols.

LDAP is another identity protocol, that is older, and used by multiple operating systems besides windows.

About the only way that those questions would be in any way related, would be is you had wired a C4 charge to a RADIUS authenticated wifi device, that is somehow also communicating with a directory server of some kind, and you wanted to be sure that when it detonated, it would either be at reasonable safe distance, or, that the detonation was reasonably guaranteed to destroy an asset of some kind.

Somehow I doubt that kind of thing happens that often.

I would say this is just a search engine being detatched from reality, and move on.

None

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158293 on: September 14, 2021, 01:09:47 pm »

i was having a giggle about c4 explosions being included, yes, that's the joke

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #158294 on: September 15, 2021, 09:57:43 pm »

My wife revealed to me that she has a cloud server from Baidu.

It is 1000TB of storage. That's absolutely insane.
Pages: 1 ... 10551 10552 [10553] 10554 10555 ... 10983