Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10556 10557 [10558] 10559 10560 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12998953 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #158355 on: October 03, 2021, 03:28:08 am »

Holy cow, that's awesome!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #158356 on: October 03, 2021, 03:17:04 pm »

I changed my text notification tone to the tone that plays when you get DoWed in EUIV.

I've been jumping all day.  It's kind of great.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158357 on: October 03, 2021, 07:23:43 pm »

Mine was the MGS guard-alert ping for a couple years.  I should replace my stock text message notification with something positive or soothing, these days - maybe a level-up or victory ditty from something, but brief of course.

More importantly, the virus has brutally forced the FDA to approve drugs that target generic corona viruses, which it has specifically stonewalled in the past. (Demanding specific diagnoses, specific efficacy testing, et al.)

Merck recently released a drug called molnupiravir that wrecks rna virus replication (as in, generic rna viruses as a broad class) , specifically due to covid.  It increased chances of surviving severe covid 50% in their human trial.

Should it ever become OTC, the common cold is done for.
Also yes this sounds really cool  :)
Somewhat relevant XKCD though not actually the same thing:
https://xkcd.com/2523/
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 07:27:14 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #158358 on: October 04, 2021, 02:06:24 am »

But what will a generic antiviral do to meme culture
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158359 on: October 04, 2021, 06:49:30 am »

Just had to do a little area-to-volume calculations and decided I'd ask Google for some help. That led me to this very helpful site "SensorsONE.com", which is apparently the website of a company that sells all sorts of sensor and measurement tools. Awesome! So they probably know their stuff!

Calculating...
5 meter height, times
5 meter length, times
5 meter depth, equals

125,000 litres.

...uh. Lemme try this with some different measurements.

Calculating...
5 foot height, times
5 foot length, times
5 foot depth, equals

125 cubic feet.

Okay, so, maybe don't buy SensorONE brand volumetric measurement products! :P

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158360 on: October 04, 2021, 07:15:36 am »

Just had to do a little area-to-volume calculations and decided I'd ask Google for some help. That led me to this very helpful site "SensorsONE.com", which is apparently the website of a company that sells all sorts of sensor and measurement tools. Awesome! So they probably know their stuff!

Spoiler: the math stuff (click to show/hide)

Okay, so, maybe don't buy SensorONE brand volumetric measurement products! :P

I'm not sure I understand the problem here.

Spoiler: to clarify (click to show/hide)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158361 on: October 04, 2021, 07:24:19 am »

Yeah, no, turns out that was absolutely a me problem. My head thought "Wait, a 1x1x1 cube is 1 m³, so a 2x2x2 cube is obviously 2 m³!"

In my defense, I've been kinda zonked out the past couple days and brain hasn't been braining very well. Apologies all around

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158362 on: October 04, 2021, 07:27:40 am »

The imperial system is so fuck up and weird....
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158363 on: October 04, 2021, 07:36:53 am »

My antimask colleague is firmly antiracist, he just had a big yellout with some spiteful old lady. He even got vaccinated but I'm not allowed to tell the others. People are weird animals tehee. When imbibed in US politics that seems like such a thing that isn't on the menu... Y'allz political landscape lacks diversity.
let

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158364 on: October 04, 2021, 07:49:26 am »

Y'allz political landscape lacks diversity.

I think it's probably more the case it is so diverse, it just looks like a uniform sludge. Like when you melt a box of crayons, you end up with a uniform brown color.  How apropos.  ;D

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #158365 on: October 04, 2021, 08:04:24 am »

Yeah maybe it's less a lack of diversity and more an issue if size and expression. The US is so large that it follows from that a disability to express diverse political opinion on a meaningful level.

And when viewed from the outside the problem then seems like there is no diversity.

And that's putting aside the fallacious thinking of "we have diversity because this one person I interact with irl is complex. They, of whom I don't interact with anyone at all, are all the same".
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #158366 on: October 04, 2021, 08:41:34 am »

I think it's probably more the case it is so diverse, it just looks like a uniform sludge. Like when you melt a box of crayons, you end up with a uniform brown color.  How apropos.  ;D
Could be worse. You could have a system like the UK where you have a plurality of parties whose candidates all come from two Universities; you can be red, blue, yellow or green, as long as it's Oxford or Cambridge

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158367 on: October 04, 2021, 09:24:50 am »

Could be even worse, like a single party here, with a fake oposition party made only to mantain the looks of democracy.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158368 on: October 04, 2021, 11:08:01 am »

Uniform sludge? More like inescapable dichotomies.

Man I brought an iphone 4 home that didn't look broken thinking it might be a valuable object. It would be comical how useless it actually is, if it weren't so sad how much money people spend on these. Those pretentious rich suckers really love to sacrifice any kind of convenient feature for a workflow that provides the illusion of convenience. The damn thing decides for you what can be used on mobile data and what can't, and who needs an sd card slot, forget about tethering or hotspots - and oh - you wanted to just drag and drop music files in there? hahahaha

whatever reason I could come up with to justify using it, the thing is like nope, lol wtf people pay so much money to be disrespected like that
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 06:54:16 pm by dragdeler »
let

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158369 on: October 06, 2021, 11:53:11 pm »

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG
Pages: 1 ... 10556 10557 [10558] 10559 10560 ... 10974