Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10559 10560 [10561] 10562 10563 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13174201 times)

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #158400 on: October 08, 2021, 11:25:07 pm »

oops our system just sometimes deletes critical medicine hahaha, what a gaffe right

Motherfuckers, they're psychiatrists, they know what happens when people miss dosages on critical medicines, right?

Oogh wowee I'm mad at them on your behalf. Hang in there on what I'd objectively like to call this streak of hysterical misfortune/incompetence-it shouldn't fall on you to bear the burden of it. Best of luck getting your medication.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158401 on: October 09, 2021, 05:51:17 am »

In the meanwhile try to... dunno. Well is the weekend. Try to do anything you find pleasure in or grabs your attention enough to distract you?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158402 on: October 09, 2021, 07:12:37 am »

Depending on the antidepressant (as not all are created equally, and many work in different ways, and that is a good thing), there may be some temporary dietary changes that can supply less potent analog substances, to reduce the effects of the rationing.  Wuthout knowing the drug in specific, i cannot advise further. Normally, purposefully cosuming foods that contain such analogs is contraindicated, as it would throw off the effects of your dosage. In the case of "sudden drop, from sudden stop" because your pharmacy cant get its shit together, whatever coushion you can get is better than the alternative.

I would need to know if the med is a dopamine analog, an SSRI, a GAB pathway agent, etc, to give a suitable list of foids or OTCs that might be effective. Such advice comes with the warning that, again, self medication is frought with pitfalls and is not a game. However, I have seen what happens when meds suddely stop. Professionally i advise taking your meds as prescribed. Humanitarianly, given the circumstance, knowledge is power, and i would give that power where and when it is needed.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #158403 on: October 09, 2021, 07:17:57 am »

Personally, I'd go back to the psychiatrist's office and refuse to leave until they get you your prescription. Let them call the police if need be. You're not at fault, they are.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #158404 on: October 09, 2021, 08:29:04 am »

That, uh. Sounds like a good way to lose your job, stateside, tbh. At best?* Harassing docs for meds until they call the cops is one way to get functionally blacklisted from most academic postings that aren't, like, bottom ladder K-12. If that. Even if you're in the right in some abstract sense. Probably don't do that.

... probably do call often until the prescription is filled, though. As a general thing, if you've got critical medication to fill it's good to check a day or two prior to pickup to make sure nothing's gone sideways. Can be hard to remember to do that if everything else is happening, though.

*Most of the advice I've seen about potentially interacting with cops from enby (or just basically anything on the lgbt etc spectrum, for that matter) folks boils down to "Don't."
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #158405 on: October 09, 2021, 09:26:49 am »

I forgot the US is not the Netherlands. Over here going to the psych's office and refusing to leave would work, in the case of missing prescription antidepressants almost a week overdue, by error on their (or their computer system's behalf).
Psychiatrists know that errors like that will bite them in the ass if they don't fix them before patients need to start rationing.

Ofcourse, you shouldn't just barge in and say "I'm not leaving until I get my prescription!".
Just gently remind them that they have a duty of care and inform them you'll be in their office's waiting room while they fix the problem.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158406 on: October 09, 2021, 10:41:24 am »

my old psych (few years now) stopped seeing me, told me to take a hike and basically didn't care the pills had withdrawal symptoms.  Good thing there's only like two other ones in the area...
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158407 on: October 09, 2021, 10:46:03 am »

I just had a weird call.

Someone called me, claiming I had booked a pedalo for today 18:00, in a totally different city. She had my name right, and claimed it was already payed.
I checked my account, and at least I was not stolen from.

I assured the caller that I was not comming.

I then looked up the number and checked it against the contacts for the pedalo rental in that city. It did not match.

So either she was pranking me, she was trying to scam me, or she actually works for the rental and someone is impersonating me for some reason.

Edit: It was a prank. I then got a call from the same number, this time from a boy, claiming I would go play with him. He claimed he knew nothing of the previous call, and I could hear laughter in the background.
I then blocked the number.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 10:52:33 am by Mathel »
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158408 on: October 09, 2021, 03:36:19 pm »

Yeah, I waited out the day so that I didn't look like I was drug-seeking or badgering them (after faxing the psychiatrist, calling, then visiting in person), then called the pharmacy this morning (prescription not filled yet and they refused to give emergency care), then called the advice nurse at school. She said that if I can wait until an on-call doc is available (probably Monday) (either at school or with the psychiatrist) I can get a one-week prescription while the psychiatrist's office gets their head out of their ass.

I can also go to urgent care but they might not be willing to prescribe psych meds, so I would have to go straight to emergency to get medication on the weekend 9_9 But I should be able to wait til Monday.

And the nurse was very reassuring <3 My friends have been good too.

I have school friends coming over today and tomorrow so I won't be alone, I've contacted my professors to tell them what happened so that I can take some of the stress out of school, and I'm just like. Doing one thing at a time. Gonna do some math and play some vidja I guess, Tetris is supposed to be good for you when you're upset.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158409 on: October 09, 2021, 04:03:45 pm »

*snip*

It's creepy how the pranksters know your real name though.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158410 on: October 09, 2021, 04:19:30 pm »

*snip*

If you have a number to call, you can generally just google around until you find a database that'll tell you the name that number's registered to.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158411 on: October 10, 2021, 01:12:31 am »

*snip*

Not creepy at all. I have been taught to self-identify when called by an unknown number. It would be strange if it was accident, but not for a prank.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158412 on: October 10, 2021, 01:31:46 am »

Interesting.  I don't know why, but I'm in the habit of specifically not identifying myself to unknown callers.  I simply say "Hello", they tend to think I'm "Carl" (which has never been my name) if they aren't a robot, and I say "No, wrong number" and hang up.  Or if they know my legal name I say "speaking" (NOT "yes") and give them about 5 seconds to properly identify themselves.  Then 95% of the time I say "Not interested" and hang up.

Occasionally it's my dad though (his number jumps around due to weird phone company hijinks he gets up to) or, on very rare occasions, my actual bank.
It's often fucking Spectrum, which sucks because I have to listen long enough to confirm that they're just trying to upsell me on the cable TV and their streaming service AGAIN.  I feel sorry for the people in the call center (and obviously I don't take my frustration out on them - it's not like it's their fault personally, neither of us wants this interaction.  If it wasn't them, it'd be someone else).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158413 on: October 10, 2021, 06:42:05 am »

So, you know the moon is fake? It was put there on purpose by the reptiloids so life could evolve in this planet (which is also hollow btw). Then, when dinosaurs were kings (acording to the reptilian folks plans) the anunaki trolled them hard by smashing a meteorite tuned to the exact size and crashed on the perfect place as to extinct all dinosaurs so the age of man could come to pass.

See, this is all true because when China and/or Russia made their own moon landings (so, the moon landing wasn't fake at least, what is fake is the moon itself) they made some atomic tests (as in nuked the moon) and it resonated as a bell. Also both the cosmonauts and astronauts reported the surface was metallic and each steep created reverberation (so no only is hollow but impossibly thin while at it).but of course this was hidden from the public as the reptilians somehow control the governments. Guess the anunaki plan backfired on them, T-rexes had pathetic dexterity anyway.

The rest of the conversation was the usual Jesus was an alien, we are aliens, or aliens slaves, or aliens direct descendants because our dna is unlike anything on the planet, Moses was artificially aged when he climb up for the tablets and from his perspective 30 years went by up there....

My head hurts a bit from all this.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 06:52:10 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #158414 on: October 10, 2021, 06:48:51 am »

They forgot her emails

Pages: 1 ... 10559 10560 [10561] 10562 10563 ... 10983