Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10574 10575 [10576] 10577 10578 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13196331 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #158625 on: November 02, 2021, 02:19:27 pm »

I had to do that last winter when I was really feverish for several days. I was having trouble breathing and fresh air helped a lot, even chilly air.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #158626 on: November 02, 2021, 05:29:03 pm »

I'm so confused, why would people leave their windows open in the winter?

Yeah, other people got it right about circulation, there's also a cultural aspect. Fresh air is 'healthy' and 'avoids sickness'. It's deep in there. My wife would prefer to breathe mosquito repellent all night with the window open rather than just close it. She and I settled on mosquito nets and get the best of both worlds now.

Anyway, when I heard people catching hypothermia because they left their windows open on a mosty 5° night, I wasn't surprised...unfortunately. It was also in areas that never get that cold, so a certain level of inexperience was at play there.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158627 on: November 02, 2021, 06:31:39 pm »

Please Del, just stay safe and make some prevention for yours too will you?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158628 on: November 02, 2021, 07:28:31 pm »

On it now - picking up an extra bag of rice and ordering some noodles and dried veg/fruit that has a pretty good shelf life.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #158629 on: November 02, 2021, 10:47:26 pm »

if i tell linux to suspend my system

and then i reboot into windows

windows stops understanding that my keyboard is a keyboard

and this understanding persists into linux and windows and my bios and everywhere at all until i disconnect my power cable and switch off my power supply and drain all the power from my computer and unplug my keyboard and plug it back in again as it boots

why in the ever almighty fuck does windows have so much power into the bios and fundamental understanding of my operating system that a suspend state tells it to totally stop paying attention to the keyboard that exists across multiple installations until i wipe all memory and life and power and juice and semblance of self and autonomy

like, why actually the fuck am i being punished by windows for being power-friendly in a way that no sane man might be able to sensibly fix on one's lonesome

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158630 on: November 03, 2021, 12:35:55 am »

my martial arts buddy GRABBEd my aSS when we hugGeD goodBYE

>:[

He lives with his girlfriend, goddammit! They've been together the whole panini. He can't grab my butt, he didn't even buy me dinner >:[ >:[ >:[

(My butt costs more than dinner btwfyi)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158631 on: November 03, 2021, 01:54:39 am »

if i tell linux to suspend my system

and then i reboot into windows

windows stops understanding that my keyboard is a keyboard

and this understanding persists into linux and windows and my bios and everywhere at all until i disconnect my power cable and switch off my power supply and drain all the power from my computer and unplug my keyboard and plug it back in again as it boots

why in the ever almighty fuck does windows have so much power into the bios and fundamental understanding of my operating system that a suspend state tells it to totally stop paying attention to the keyboard that exists across multiple installations until i wipe all memory and life and power and juice and semblance of self and autonomy

like, why actually the fuck am i being punished by windows for being power-friendly in a way that no sane man might be able to sensibly fix on one's lonesome
I suspect stupidity.

Bios has one keyboard driver.
Linux has another.
Windows has a third.

Bios driver is likely compatible with the other two.
But when you put Linux on standby, it probably does not unload it's keyboard driver. So when you load up Windows, both Linux and Windows keyboard drivers are active, creating a mess. Which only gets resolved once you unload all keyboard drivers by wiping RAM (Easiest way to do that is to fully turn the computer off.)
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #158632 on: November 04, 2021, 04:25:43 pm »

my martial arts buddy GRABBEd my aSS when we hugGeD goodBYE
Is this what they mean by "Kung Fu Grip"???
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #158633 on: November 04, 2021, 04:37:43 pm »

Master the art of Bum Fu. Breaking someone's fingers with your buttcrack.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158634 on: November 04, 2021, 05:55:08 pm »

Confuse everyone by taking the girlfriend out for dinner.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158635 on: November 04, 2021, 05:58:51 pm »

That would be awesomely funny. Also just for information, does he does this repeatedly or generally with other people or was something else? It's not uncommon here on some sports, specially baseball to cheer team members with a slap on a buttock. But never heard of it on any martial arts, it would be weird because martial arts generally mean respect, limits and boundaries so it would be really out of place.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 06:02:00 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158636 on: November 04, 2021, 05:59:15 pm »

His girlfriend's butt costs more than dinner.

Take her out for two dinners.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158637 on: November 04, 2021, 06:11:59 pm »

It's not uncommon here on some sports, specially baseball to cheer team members with a slap on a buttock.

This was my thought as well.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #158638 on: November 04, 2021, 06:46:53 pm »

Slap's different from a grab and really infrequently crosses genders and frankly neither is okay when it's not wanted. If your buns don't want none it's not fun, hun. 'Specially if you're possibly the fulcrum across which someone else's relationship could teeter by no action of your own, and even if that's okay behavior within their sphere, you have to choose to be in that sphere to be okay with it.

I'm torn between being generally angry that someone would cross boundaries like that and wanting to make jokes and puns about butts. I realize neither is particularly helpful, so, uh, sorry.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158639 on: November 04, 2021, 07:02:33 pm »

So considerate. None would want to end up the butt of the joke.
Pages: 1 ... 10574 10575 [10576] 10577 10578 ... 10984