Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10657 10658 [10659] 10660 10661 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13187379 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #159870 on: May 20, 2022, 01:52:41 am »

In the spirit of continuing to invert gender norms, the woman at the bar kept insisting I smile more.

Lady, I'm three hours past my bedtime and I'm trying to focus on keeping a rhythm on the drumbox for open mic night, these brain meats are busy and they're not busy with what my face is doing.
You know she was flirting with you, right?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #159871 on: May 20, 2022, 02:06:17 am »

In the spirit of continuing to invert gender norms, the woman at the bar kept insisting I smile more.

Lady, I'm three hours past my bedtime and I'm trying to focus on keeping a rhythm on the drumbox for open mic night, these brain meats are busy and they're not busy with what my face is doing.
Just like with the gender roles swapped, that doesn't automatically make it alright.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159872 on: May 20, 2022, 02:16:49 am »

Just like with the gender roles swapped, that doesn't automatically make it alright.
...actually, it might point to even more gender roles swapping.  I basically just want more info.

I can't drink in bars for an unknown period of time.  COVID quarantine due to positive test that might not go away for 1-2 months.
I can still go to bars, I just can't take my mask off to drink alcohol.  So a bit of living vicariously for me here.

More details please @None!

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #159873 on: May 20, 2022, 09:12:06 am »

It was open jam/mic night at the bar, they had a pair of guitarists on, and my roommate was behind them on some of the percussion objects behind them when I wandered in, so he waved me down and and I kept a beat for the next couple of hours. I didn't even talk to this woman, she was just some bargoer with a phone and after telling me to smile once, kept gesturing that I should look happier.

I need to rustle up some repertoire so I'm not stuck just on the drumbox!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159874 on: May 20, 2022, 09:17:20 am »

It was open jam/mic night at the bar, they had a pair of guitarists on, and my roommate was behind them on some of the percussion objects behind them when I wandered in, so he waved me down and and I kept a beat for the next couple of hours. I didn't even talk to this woman, she was just some bargoer with a phone and after telling me to smile once, kept gesturing that I should look happier.

I need to rustle up some repertoire so I'm not stuck just on the drumbox!

Eh, that was probably just being friendly in the most asinine way possible.  Reminds me of a relative of mine, actually.

Ah, the joys of being a musician.  Envy.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159875 on: May 20, 2022, 09:22:51 am »

I've found the best way to defuse unwanted feminine attention is to first look startled, then shout at the top of my lungs: Woman! Get back in the kitchen! I'm working here!
Works every time with no social side effects. You can trust me.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159876 on: May 20, 2022, 09:34:39 am »

I've found trying to talk to the women makes them ignore me forever.  :P

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #159877 on: May 20, 2022, 09:36:05 am »

I've found running away screaming to be an effective means of ending the conversation :P
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159878 on: May 20, 2022, 09:36:17 am »

That sounds irritating. Stare at her with murderous intent and start messing up the beat.
let

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159879 on: May 20, 2022, 09:36:58 am »

Yes. I too definitely did talk to a woman before. She was real, had breasts and all. You wouldn't know her.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #159880 on: May 20, 2022, 11:07:18 am »

Guys, maybe we don't make extreme behavioral suggestions because someone involved happens to be a woman? It doesn't help anyone and surely it quietly alienates whichever women might not be currently participating in the conversation.

The happening was only a footnote and just novel/irritating enough to mention in sympathy to those to whom it happens more often. Christ.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159881 on: May 20, 2022, 11:10:46 am »

Oh I'll stare with murderous intent at anybody who is invested in other people's facial expression... Not my fault the repartition of those cases isn't 50/50 across genders.
let

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159882 on: May 20, 2022, 11:13:52 am »

I'll note the standard and automatic response to any male commenting on my facial expressions is a joyful "FUCK YOU!"
To which he'll either scurry off with his tail between his legs, or we'll become the best of friends.

(I might do better with women if I treated them the same? Honest inquiry, sarcasm OFF)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159883 on: May 20, 2022, 11:37:13 am »

The statement about repartitions was probably highly subjective. Thinking about it young girls probably get a lot of "just smile" by old farts...

So in a way I have to assume those misplaced statements are overtly sexual even if the people making them would like to think otherwise of themselves... I mean it's either that or sheer Karenism.
let

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159884 on: May 20, 2022, 11:56:29 am »

People.  You know that inflation thing you are all complaining about? STOP. PAYING. MORE. THAN. ASKING. PRICE. FOR. HOUSING. AND. REFUSE. MORE. THAN. MSRP. FOR. CARS.

Seriously.  If I see another sob story about "rents are increasing, but even though I don't want to I'm paying more than asking price so I can have a place." "Gas prices are high but I insist on driving 80MPH on the highway."  "Electricity is expensive but I won't turn my thermostat up from 72F when it's 95F outside."  "I really wanted this car, so I paid $10k over MSRP for it."

STOP.

(Ok so the housing one perhaps I can sort of understand, because housing usually isn't a discretionary expense, and there are giant literal rent-seeking corps buying up lots of housing - with the exception of where you buy/rent perhaps.  But the rest? JUST DON'T BUY IT RIGHT NOW!)
Pages: 1 ... 10657 10658 [10659] 10660 10661 ... 10983