Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10685 10686 [10687] 10688 10689 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13006928 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #160290 on: July 12, 2022, 06:31:43 pm »

is it a dry heat tho
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #160291 on: July 12, 2022, 06:32:42 pm »

1488 wasn't well known as a dogwhistle until fairly recently. If it is old enough, it is possible for it to be unintentional.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #160292 on: July 12, 2022, 07:57:59 pm »

The backend of my car got mangled in a hit and run apparently by an old guy who forgot to put his truck in park, who then proceeded to abscond without leaving a note. The owner of the house I was parked in front of has door cameras and says he'll email me the footage if he can figure it out; it just happens that he might be a Nazi judging by the '1488' part of the address he gave me.

So now I'm waiting on some Nazi in Bumfuck, Wisconsin to get me crappy camera footage so I can take my story to the police so that someone can pay for my car damages.

What the fuck.

What in the goddamn fuck is this life.

1488 wasn't well known as a dogwhistle until fairly recently. If it is old enough, it is possible for it to be unintentional.

Yeah, I just found it out now.

Temperatures like those make me die inside.

I sorta like warmer weather. It beats freezing my ass off.

In light of the strained Texas power grid - due to the current heat wave around 106°F - I saw on a website frequented by supposed environmentally conscious people a screenshot of their personal weather station that showed an external temp of 106°F but an inside temp of 75°F.  I know housing in Texas doesn't have impressive insulation, I just can't understand how you can claim to be environmentally conscious and cool your house to below 80°F when it's over 100°F outside.
Actually, if some part of the house is built into the earth, it will remain much cooler.
If the whole house were built into a hill or something, it could very well be that way.
...but they're probably just idiots/hypocrites.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #160293 on: July 12, 2022, 08:01:13 pm »

There is only so much you can take off for hot weather. At least with the cold if you have sufficient layers you’ll not feel it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #160294 on: July 12, 2022, 08:49:41 pm »

An unintentional 1/10,000 yeah. Assuming even probabilities between digits and I guess it looks like a year but eh.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160295 on: July 13, 2022, 03:15:46 am »

Temperatures like those make me die inside.

I sorta like warmer weather. It beats freezing my ass off.
But I have shit outside to do and right now it's to hot, and I can't have less clothing on because I'd be naked if I had less on and I don't think the neighbors would appreciate me working on the fence in front of their house while naked.

If it was cold I could put on more clothing and ignore the cold and get this shit outside done.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #160296 on: July 13, 2022, 03:43:10 am »

An unintentional 1/10,000 yeah. Assuming even probabilities between digits and I guess it looks like a year but eh.

Dudes born on Jan 4th 1988 and is adamant to not change his email address.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160297 on: July 13, 2022, 05:38:42 am »

Don't let it bother you, vcd14.  It's just the Newthink that's doing it to you.
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #160298 on: July 13, 2022, 06:14:17 am »

But I have shit outside to do and right now it's to hot, and I can't have less clothing on because I'd be naked if I had less on and I don't think the neighbors would appreciate me working on the fence in front of their house while naked.

If it was cold I could put on more clothing and ignore the cold and get this shit outside done.
The other thing I really don't see appreciated much about the whole naked and heat thing is what clothes protect you from, particularly in a hot environment, other than skin cancer and a loss of dignity/public nudity charges: Namely, bugs. Generally, especially in wetter climates, the hotter it is the more bugs there are, and the less clothes you have on the easier a time they have getting to your precious skin.

You can, and people do, trapeze through swamps or jungles naked, but make no mistake: There are few things less pleasant than a bunch of mosquito bites on your crotch. Or poison ivy, or ticks, or leeches, or wasps stings, or <continues into the distance>. I've managed to avoid that, personally, but I've known folks that did unwise things and I learned from their mistakes :V

but yeah, there's a minimum clothes level higher than "nothing" in hot climates even if you're stripping down, because some places you really don't want to be itchy and/or bleeding

it's the other reason winter is the objectively superior season in florida by several orders of magnitude: the bugs mostly fuck off for a few months when it gets cold enough. you know winter is ending when you go outside in shorts and come back with mosquito welts all over your legs and arms again
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160299 on: July 13, 2022, 06:47:14 am »

I mean it's been a neonazi slogan thing since at least the late eighties, iirc, so I think being born in 1988 you'd be well into it being more well known by the time you're making an email address.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160300 on: July 13, 2022, 07:07:53 am »

I don't know if something's happened to Reddit recently, but it seems to have become far harder to have an argument there without one person assuming something about you and having everyone else assume they're correct and dogpile you too.

Twice I've tried to explain why anti-abortion groups are opposed to any exceptions while adding disclaimers at the beginning that these aren't positions I hold and explaining my actual position, only to have people assume that because I understand what they're saying I'm personally diametrically opposed to abortion under any circumstance.

Also it's filled with idiots who will actually die if they get into a fight. I gave up Reddit when people started telling me I was an idiot for saying that if you can't run from a weaponless, hand-to-hand fight and the other guy(s) are too tough for you to beat, the best course of action is to focus on protecting your vitals and for the love of everything don't pull out a weapon unless you're actively looking to be overpowered and stabbed. Apparently I was advocating for not fighting back under any circumstance ever, and according to one heavily upvoted person, if you're in a fist fight you're almost guaranteed to get brain damage so therefore using a weapon is 100% valid at any time.

I feel like I've got an island of vague sanity around me in real life and it's made me naive as to how damn ridiculous most people are.

I'm definitely not salty about it.

Nope.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #160301 on: July 13, 2022, 07:13:24 am »

Reddit is one of the worst designed social forums; with all its mechanisms designed to encourage social conformity, echo chambers and the ceaseless regurgitation of memes until they are robbed of all humour. Tis a silly place, best left alone

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160302 on: July 13, 2022, 07:23:19 am »

In much more neutral wtf territory, the macromeme site is still up.

I was using that in like... 2010. I thought it would have shut down by now.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #160303 on: July 13, 2022, 07:25:49 am »

In much more neutral wtf territory, the macromeme site is still up.

I was using that in like... 2010. I thought it would have shut down by now.
The meme is immortal

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160304 on: July 13, 2022, 09:51:15 am »

Has anyone else noticed that the sun seems to make people mind-numbingly dumb?

I got honked at because I didn't want to save 10 seconds by literally running over a family that was out cycling. One guy decided to pull out of a spot onto a 30mph road, evidently without looking, and only stopped once they were already blocking me from driving. One guy was stood in the middle of the road because he wanted to talk to someone in a car that was pulled over. He was wandering back and forth and, at closest, about a meter away from the car. One person was slowly walking in the road without a care in the world.

All this in about 15 minutes of driving.
Pages: 1 ... 10685 10686 [10687] 10688 10689 ... 10974