Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10727 10728 [10729] 10730 10731 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13005580 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #160920 on: September 26, 2022, 08:34:48 am »

;) i love that dig

TIL islam is a saltwater based religion, mermuslims, disney really missed a golden opportunity here, aladin the mermuslim falls in love with a white prince...

lol ariel but slightly racist and gae

Though that, in particular, depends. Islamidae is a large taxonomic order, with representatives in all sorts of aquatic environments. Species from where I live are predominantly freshwater dwellers, usually inhabiting ponds and slow rivers like the wimps they are.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160921 on: September 26, 2022, 09:57:44 am »

Relevant
...Is it?

Fortunately Genesis 9 simply isn't relevant to the pride flag.  Apparently the primary inspirations were... Judy Garland and the Rolling Stones,  heh.  More seriously, it came from that general cultural movement of love and acceptance, and the flag primarily symbolizes the power of diversity.  Obviously I'm a fan of the more recent Progress flag, but the classic versions still hold up in their simplicity.

I saw it a couple of days ago at my uncle's memorial service, hanging proudly at his favorite church.  That didn't surprise me these days, except that it hung beside a trans flag, a nonbinary flag, and a progress pride flag.  I kinda want to deflect this with humor but honestly, it really touched me and helped me feel welcome.  I'd been in this church a couple times many years ago, and I'd almost forgotten it.  It almost felt unreal compared to every other church I was obligated to attend.

Long story short I took a couple pamphlets and I'm planning to visit next Sunday.  It reminds me of the Church of Prismatic Light which I followed for a little while on TikTok.  Yes yes, these are Unitarian Universalists, but I read enough testimonies to see that there are many followers of Jesus there.  I think that's lovely.

And best of luck, Magmacube.  Those "protesters" are blaming others for the pain in their own hearts, and I honestly hope they heal and grow.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #160922 on: September 26, 2022, 12:17:52 pm »

My apologies, I didn't really read the article.
I just like how LBHTQ and Christianity both see rainbows as a sign of hope.
Plus the picture of a rainbow and cross was... fitting.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160923 on: September 26, 2022, 12:49:41 pm »

Oh that's cool, I figured it was something like that.  Hence me arguing against the scholar, not you :)
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160924 on: September 26, 2022, 01:33:40 pm »

Relevant
...Is it?
*snip*

I never understood the propensity for self-flagellation in Organized Christianity, for lack of a better term. Aside from the obvious control-the-masses angle.

Like, yes, Christianity is clear that everyone is "sinful" because noone is perfect, and therefore everyone needs forgiveness/salvation. But it's also super clear that at that point, we're accepted in full knowledge of our flaws, and continuing flaws thereof. The circumstances surrounding the Flood are vague, but clearly implied to be unique or extenuating. For the sake of this argument alone, if a person believes homosexuality is indeed a sinful act or choice, and all sin is/can be forgiven by Jesus, and we're supposed to be forgiving because we are equally imperfect as all humanity is before God, why do we (as Christians) react to homosexuality so violently over all other (purported) sins? We treat outright murderers with less intensity than LGBTQ folk. There's not a justification for that behavior within scripture.

@Rolan, It's a huge relief to hear about a church that welcomes all people inside, as it should. There are precious few, if none, in my area. I hope its indicative of change.

Also, that linked article implies that God created the first rainbow after the flood, like water vapor and light worked differently beforehand or something. Wot.

Note: IIRC God does not promise not to hit another reset button in the future, just that he isn't going to use floods. This leaves options such as volcanoes or an ice age wide open, but may rule out mass dysentery >_>.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160925 on: September 26, 2022, 01:44:10 pm »

At least theyre trying to pretend to care

Uh no management only exists to make my job worse.  Customers can be as stupid as abusive as they desire and here comes management to hand them a gold medal for it.

Stupid job review I need to fill out with accomplishments twice a year which feels to too fucking often.

A) despite getting praise every review there's no point if there's no raise or promotion possible.

B) the more mundane my shift the happier I am at work.  Actual memorable bullshit at work usually just means undue stress and hard work.  Nothing special going on at work is to my benefit.

C) I'd just put "the customers haven't convinced me to commit suicide yet" and call it a day but I don't think they'd find that very funny.

Mention how your boss was fundamental in solving a major customer problem. Then your boss can use your evaluation to get a big raise, and might give you a small one. Or at least be nicer.

Also, since you DO have these every six months, keep notes at work to prep for it.

My boss takes everything for granted, and basically works in an ivory tower separate from the actual department.  And it's government work so chances are it's up to some idiot congresscritter on another planet to figure it out.

Rather just throw pizza at the problem like I'm some 1st grader.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #160926 on: September 26, 2022, 03:23:36 pm »

Perspective, its all about making your world different.

Good luck, Ive def been in retail, on both sides.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160927 on: September 26, 2022, 05:45:39 pm »

Perspective, its all about making your world different.

Good luck, Ive def been in retail, on both sides.

It's objective truth how poorly I'm treated at work and practically everywhere else, no amount of perspective is going to change that.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160928 on: September 27, 2022, 03:36:40 pm »

It's concerning some of the stuff I see on the political flyers I get in the mail.  Like the one I just got from one candidate that claims that everything wrong in the world is because their opponent is the incumbent rather than, oh, worldwide issues like war and COVID.

They are also under the delusion that we can fix inflation simply by increasing domestic gasoline production.  I guess they aren't going to allow selling on the open market then?

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #160929 on: September 27, 2022, 03:46:01 pm »

One I got was that the incumbent isn't bothered by biological males playing girls sport in school.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160930 on: September 27, 2022, 03:59:37 pm »

Mine claim that their opponents are communists :o  I thought they were just relatively progressive libs, but I feel better about voting them onto the ballot now.
She/they

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #160931 on: September 27, 2022, 04:01:14 pm »

yeah, but you guys never got solicitations from Donald Trump  :P
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160932 on: September 28, 2022, 01:32:12 am »

Speaking of commies and capitalists, one of my nostalgia rants on Discord revealed two fellow commies who are ironically REALLY into Freelancer (2003).  Prior to my vacation the 3 of us were utterly dominating the Vidya containment channel for 2-3 days, with a couple older members joining in briefly.

I've loaded the game back up (from June) and have adjusted to our odd Triumvirate:

Mollies fighting for Dublin Independence with the Independent Miners Guild against Space-UK

Weeb fighting for gender equality against Space-Japan and especially their xenophobic Hogosha via the Golden Chrysanthemums, allied with the reformist Blood Dragons

Outcasts-Lane Hackers pushing Cardamine against Liberty (Space 'Merica)

You get one guess as to which is me :P
I love the diversity of popular uprising.
also don't tell my comrades that I was murdering mollies. The MC grew up in Space-UK, it was RP! I wasn't honorary Irish until 9/8.
She/they

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160933 on: September 28, 2022, 04:57:34 pm »

Our tv died, had to get a goddamn stupid fucking piece of shit smart tv so we got one for pickup BUT THERE IS NO REMOTE IN THE FUCKING BOX

Send someone to the store to go pick up one BUT THEY'RE TOO FUCKING STUPID SO I HAVE MY GODDAMN SECOND MONITOR HOOKED UP UNTIL THE STUPID PIECE OF SHIT REMOTE ARRIVES AND I HATE THIS FUCKING SMART BULLSHIT TREND FUCKING SALT THE GODDAMN EARTH FUCK YOU ONN. TVS FUCK YOU WALMART FUCK YOU ROKU I HATE YOUR FUCKING COUCHES

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160934 on: September 29, 2022, 04:04:47 am »

I to find smart stuff annoying, not really sure why people love that shit so much.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 10727 10728 [10729] 10730 10731 ... 10974