Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10731 10732 [10733] 10734 10735 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12998959 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #160980 on: October 10, 2022, 06:25:49 am »

Does the person that makes the 5 millionth post get a prize?

Yes. They get exactly 2 internets.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #160981 on: October 10, 2022, 11:40:35 am »

So, apparently there was a Twitch convention yesterday, which featured one of those foam "ball pit" things. One of the attendees, a streamer who's previous career was very physically demanding, broke her back in two places jumping into it. This was known almost immediately, but they kept it going for hours.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160982 on: October 10, 2022, 11:48:25 am »

I heard about that. Supposedly the pit wasn't even a foot deep and didn't have proper padding for the concrete floor. She wasn't the only injury, but hers was the most severe.

Hopefully they all recover okay. This is criminally negligent.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 12:06:39 pm by BlackFlyme »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #160983 on: October 10, 2022, 11:57:09 am »

My point was that if you get an injury like that on somebody in generally good physical condition, it should be a "SHUT THIS DOWN NOW" alarm bell. It isn't like they thought she was just bruised and found out how bad she was hurt later - she was broadcasting it on Twitter soon after it happened.

Escalating smaller injuries, I could see. Somebody getting badly hurt but in a way that can be excused as poor physical condition on that part is kind of understandable. But this is just insane from both a liability stand point and a basic human dignity one.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160984 on: October 10, 2022, 12:14:59 pm »

I heard about that. Supposedly the pit wasn't even a foot deep and didn't have proper padding for the concrete floor. She wasn't the only injury, but hers was the most severe.

Hopefully they all recover okay. This is criminally negligent.

Pit was about two feet at deepest, and underneath it was a gym mat sort of thing, the kind you see in schools that barely soften the floor. Think I heard that the streamer needed a rod put into her spine.

I'm not clear on the usual guidelines for these things, but I've seen four feet of foam and a trampoline being talked about as the industry standard.

Someone is getting sued, and they are going to be getting absolutely destroyed in court.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160985 on: October 10, 2022, 12:26:51 pm »

What happened to our good old-fashioned, wholesome Cons, where people just peed in the ballpit?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #160986 on: October 10, 2022, 01:05:42 pm »

What happened to our good old-fashioned, wholesome Cons, where people just peed in the ballpit?
Next one will be full of beartraps

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160987 on: October 10, 2022, 01:14:31 pm »

bear traps are stored in the ballspit
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #160988 on: October 11, 2022, 03:10:57 am »

Forget the foam and balls, the time has come for the beartrappit. 100% bear traps, and to make it safe, a trampoline at the bottom.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160989 on: October 11, 2022, 03:25:39 am »

Who needs a ball pit when you can have the same amount of fun with a punji pit!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #160990 on: October 13, 2022, 10:14:01 pm »

Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #160991 on: October 13, 2022, 11:45:42 pm »

Forget the foam and balls, the time has come for the beartrappit. 100% bear traps, and to make it safe, a trampoline at the bottom.

A true beartrappit must contain at least one bear. Arguably, the pit with a bear counts as a trap....

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160992 on: October 13, 2022, 11:55:53 pm »

Dayyum

Ah yes, I remember the "Get Rich, Become President" songs.
They're a WTF too.
It ain't Rich Fucks that get to be President, it's their Useless kids Sons. It takes two generations, in most cases to be President. Sorry kids, turns out some things ain't possible in one lifetime.

It's also HILARIOUS that we can see Trumpy in these songs, and he couldn't even get re-elected because he's a Fucking Loser.
And we might just get to see just how much of a LOSER he really becomes. Maybe Shit, anyone that needs a reason to live, there it IS. Stick around, and maybe you can see Trumpy FAIL.

Funny thing is, Biden didn't win. Trump LOST.

(My deepest sympathies to those who found inspiration in Trump. But the sooner you get over it, the better you'll feel)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #160993 on: October 14, 2022, 12:20:16 am »

I mean… Biden had the most votes received by any candidate in election history so… indeed, Trump, from the same election, has the second most votes ever for a candidate.

So yeah. I get what you’re saying, but Biden won. Trump probably encouraged a lot of people to vote, and sure, when more people vote Republicans tend to lose, but the implication is anybody standing against Trump would have won, which really, given they were literally running in the same campaign they ran on 4 years prior, would mean Clinton would’ve won then.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160994 on: October 14, 2022, 12:38:54 am »

I mean… Biden had the most votes received by any candidate in election history so… indeed, Trump, from the same election, has the second most votes ever for a candidate.

So yeah. I get what you’re saying, but Biden won. Trump probably encouraged a lot of people to vote, and sure, when more people vote Republicans tend to lose, but the implication is anybody standing against Trump would have won, which really, given they were literally running in the same campaign they ran on 4 years prior, would mean Clinton would’ve won then.

Yeah, even Hillary (who.I personally despise) probably could have won versus 2020 COVID Trump. He was a rabble rouser when we needed calm leadership, and I believe at least some people thought voting out any incumbent meant voting out COVID. And the media mobilized to crush Trump and protect Biden. And Trump had it coming: He shouldn't have antagonized the mainstream media. Whatever biases journalists may hold, the President of the United States needs to start with the assumption and clear message that the media is just doing it's job, and only privately favor those media outlets that share the President's views. Trump instructed his White House Press Secretaries (plural) to wage war upon the legitimate correspondents.
...if Hillary was ever dumb enough to do that, I would greatly appreciate reading about it. And she's no stranger to media criticism.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 10731 10732 [10733] 10734 10735 ... 10974