Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10749 10750 [10751] 10752 10753 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13183839 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #161250 on: November 27, 2022, 05:28:19 pm »

Yeah, I cant say I don't feel your pain, but it seems like your energies could be spent on any number of things

Dont let your world get small
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161251 on: November 28, 2022, 02:41:47 am »

If no one else in the place is putting fort any effort I don't see much reason for you to put fort a whole lot of effort.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161252 on: November 30, 2022, 11:10:31 am »

It's astonishing that this is from a resident of Florida.

Like, you can't even make this stuff up.  Unless of course, this is made-up and inadvertently reported.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #161253 on: November 30, 2022, 11:19:16 am »

I mean, it's frivolous.  but if she can settle out of court she'll have made a profit.  More importantly, her laywers will be paid before she sees an actual dime.  And this lawsuit is really a product of them
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #161254 on: November 30, 2022, 11:30:30 am »

Hell, it's not like the complaint is dishonest, for that matter. It's true in a literal sense that the claim velveeta's making about prep time is a lie, for all that it's a common one with food products. Be no skin off my bones if puffery got a legal kneecap here and there, and a company like velveeta's got plenty of money behind 'em to handle being made an example of, so...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161255 on: November 30, 2022, 11:52:33 am »

I think what gets me is the article claiming they paid a premium for it because it said 3.5 minutes, and if they knew it really took 4 minutes they wouldn't have bought it, so they suffered material harm.

What makes me really sad is that people seem to have lost the idea to discern between "close enough" statements and "absolute" statements. I mean I'm sure that same product says "when used with a 1000W microwave; times longer with less power or about 5000ft altitude or other conditions vary."

I feel like it's another facet of people stating opinions as fact and then other people not being able to make the distinction between the two.  This particular example also reeks of "oh here's some technicality, maybe I can get a payout from a big company on it."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #161256 on: November 30, 2022, 06:26:59 pm »

Turns out this milk/creamer coffee thing someone had left in the fridge is pretty damn good to use in the place of just milk in mac and cheese. Never occurred to me to try that until I noticed we didn't have milk and checked to see what the internet thought (go for it, google summarized), seems like it's pretty decent. Would recommend.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161257 on: December 01, 2022, 04:11:52 am »

I always thought the times said on packaged meals were Time To Microwave For, not Time Of Total Preparation.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161258 on: December 01, 2022, 05:17:18 am »

I always thought the times said on packaged meals were Time To Microwave For, not Time Of Total Preparation.
That was my thought as well.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #161259 on: December 01, 2022, 11:04:01 am »

Jeez, at least in my case I can chalk it up to my coworkers not being trained for my machine. It sounds like your coworkers are just completely apathetic to their jobs. Is management not doing anything about this?
It's retail. Finding people who actually show up is so rare that most managers don't bother actually trying to get the workers to do their job correctly.

Minimum wage is minimum wage. It's arguably the lowest paid job possible.*

*Actually, the lowest paid job possible is a unionized minimum wage job, as they take your mandatory union dues out of your minimum wage, so you actually make less than minimum wage. Good job union...

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161260 on: December 01, 2022, 11:20:09 am »

Wait there are minimum-wage union jobs?  I agree with that "good job union" sentiment there... what good is that union then? Unless you get paid sick days and other benefits perhaps?  ;D

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161261 on: December 01, 2022, 01:16:04 pm »

I don’t know if this is just a Canada then, but when I encountered unionized minimum wage work, the base rate was higher than minimum wage, but the union cut was was such that the final rate was minimum wage.

I thought it was that way cause there was a law or something.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #161262 on: December 01, 2022, 01:26:41 pm »

I don’t know if this is just a Canada then, but when I encountered unionized minimum wage work, the base rate was higher than minimum wage, but the union cut was was such that the final rate was minimum wage.

I thought it was that way cause there was a law or something.

I think the specifics were that the wage was in fact higher than minimum wage, but the union dues brought it below minimum wage.  It was a relative's job, so I didn't pay that much attention.  There were arguable benefits to the employees in that it was harder for them to be terminated and I think they got some paid time off, but I think the main reason the job was unionized is because it was a NY State employer job, and all NY State employer jobs need to be unionized, regardless of the actual need for a union.  It's a NY thing...

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161263 on: December 01, 2022, 04:44:35 pm »

Toady is here...
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #161264 on: December 01, 2022, 05:48:51 pm »

Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.
Pages: 1 ... 10749 10750 [10751] 10752 10753 ... 10983