Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10789 10790 [10791] 10792 10793 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13164510 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #161850 on: February 06, 2023, 02:18:07 am »

What about putting asbestos in a drink I bet that'd taste good.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #161851 on: February 06, 2023, 02:23:19 am »

What about putting asbestos in a drink I bet that'd taste good.

Inhaling drinks is generally bad for your health too, so I see nothing that can go wrong.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #161852 on: February 06, 2023, 08:03:04 am »

But how do you explain the putting lead in wine to make it sweeter?
It's pretty funny reading Romans talking about how lead sweatened wine or smoked wines were worse for your health compared to drinking an aged wine. 2000 years of consumer health consulting

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161853 on: February 06, 2023, 11:24:24 am »

Had to listen to a phone call between my mom and sister. It turns out that they've been actively misleading my dad about how much child support he owes - not that any of their children have been children for 15 years. And since my mom doesn't actually want the money, he doesn't technically owe anything. This has led him to refuse to file taxes or seek medical care for years on the false belief that he'd be arrested for not paying child support. Especially bad is that the same conversation revealed that my dad might have a potentially terminal condition.

I have my own reasons for not forgiving him, something like this is downright fucking evil, and makes me very deeply angry.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161854 on: February 06, 2023, 12:47:57 pm »

Long ago when my parents divorced, I deliberately argued to my mom that dad shouldn't pay child support. I felt like he was getting a raw deal in this divorce anyway, with losing his home and family. It didn't seem fair to force him to be on the hook to us financially for the next half decade.

Every time I hear a piece of family court drama like this, it reminds me that I made the right decision.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #161855 on: February 06, 2023, 03:37:12 pm »

Had to listen to a phone call between my mom and sister. It turns out that they've been actively misleading my dad about how much child support he owes - not that any of their children have been children for 15 years. And since my mom doesn't actually want the money, he doesn't technically owe anything. This has led him to refuse to file taxes or seek medical care for years on the false belief that he'd be arrested for not paying child support. Especially bad is that the same conversation revealed that my dad might have a potentially terminal condition.

I have my own reasons for not forgiving him, something like this is downright fucking evil, and makes me very deeply angry.
Bloody hell, I can't imagine being so selfish and deceitful

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #161856 on: February 06, 2023, 10:15:34 pm »

I bought a few new houseplants and repotted some of my old ones to give them more space to breathe and fresh soil. This is just ordinary happy thoughts for the ordinary happy thread.

The WTF comes with the... I don't know, desperate joy that came with it. To tangibly, palpably handle my hobby, to nurture my neglected houseplants, to dabble a little with cuttings and seeds. Sprawled out on the floor of my kitchen, a sheet of newspaper to catch most (and specifically only most) of the loose soil spilling out of plantpots and between fingers, the tattoo of occult-themed progressive rock streaming through my ears, dinner and chores and beer and social network as only distant satellites to the singular maelstrom at hand. The livewire hum of the anxiety that beset me yesterday was walled off by immutable, thoughtless, perhaps slightly manic focus.

I needed that, but that I needed that, well, I don't know. Perhaps I'm too online and need to touch grass (or green friends) more often. Maybe that harrowing, hollow pit inside that the anxiety echoes a long way from, that essential incompleteness, cast its voice a little loudly today. Maybe winter's just bearing down on me. Prolly a bit of all of the above, and the above will prolly always be a problem.

I still haven't figured out which of my houseplants are harboring the fungus gnats.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #161857 on: February 06, 2023, 10:19:59 pm »

The real answer is the fungus gnats are harboring one of your houseplants; you can't find it because they've mimicked the plant entirely at this point. Buzz buzz goes the begonia.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #161858 on: February 07, 2023, 11:38:02 pm »

We put all kinds of fun things into our drinks to make them more appealing.  Like cocaine into coke.

i shall not have a "heated putnam moment" and it is my hope that saying that i won't will be amusing

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #161859 on: February 08, 2023, 12:12:09 am »

... would the heated moment be about it technically being ecgonine instead of cocaine, or...?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #161860 on: February 08, 2023, 01:45:07 am »

no, other drugs and such

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161861 on: February 08, 2023, 02:15:47 am »

I heard about people putting meth in coke, or are you taking about some other drug and coke mixture?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161862 on: February 08, 2023, 03:43:02 am »

Coca-cola is named after two plants that were used for the original recipe. Coca, from which contains cocain, and Cola, which contains coffeine.

They are still used, but nowdays, cocain is removed from coca before usage.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161863 on: February 08, 2023, 04:46:27 am »

But removing the cocaine seems like cheating, just think about how much more money they'd make from it if it was addicting.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #161864 on: February 08, 2023, 07:24:18 am »

Which is why they invented sugar. Just as addictive as cocaine and a hundred times cheaper
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 10789 10790 [10791] 10792 10793 ... 10983