Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10856 10857 [10858] 10859 10860 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13180965 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #162855 on: June 01, 2023, 03:43:17 pm »

Sorta doubt it has anything to do with any of those threads, because sorta doubt anyone cares about them.

Probably just someone who wanted to fuck with dwarf fortress for whatever reason.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162856 on: June 01, 2023, 03:54:25 pm »

I think it is over. Bay12 wins again!
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162857 on: June 01, 2023, 03:59:20 pm »

Sorta doubt it is DoS at all. That is unless @Tok'ra Operative (the source of this rumor) is the account for our host or someone related to them. Could be just as easily peak server utilization for a host of other reasons.

Tok'ra Operative

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162858 on: June 01, 2023, 04:11:49 pm »

Forum be dying! Why can it be though?
We shall endure just as we have every time this has happened in the past.

Also there doesn't really seem to be a reason this time, I mean the forum isn't even that active right now so it can't be that.
The denial of service attackers say otherwise.
I wonder which thread triggered it?
I don't know but if this is an attack it is kinda weak and more of an annoyance since the page wasn't failing with 100% consistently. Still I have taken to always using "control-c" on what I am about to send either in a private message or on the forum so I don't have to type the whole thing again should the send fail due to the problem.
"Let us build our billion-dollar machine, and we will save America from the barbarians at the gate." Senator Robert Kinsey, Stargate SG-1 episode "Politics"

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162859 on: June 01, 2023, 04:41:29 pm »

Dunno either, but I have noticed that about half the internet appears to be dead for me. I can't even get to downdetector.com, so some major cloud providers must be down...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #162860 on: June 01, 2023, 05:17:13 pm »

It seems to be fixed now.
My real guess is that Today was just on vacation for a couple days, and has now come back and fixed the site that broke down in his absence. It's an old site...

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162861 on: June 01, 2023, 06:40:26 pm »

It's an old site...

Yeaaaaaa... We are still using http. Even though we really shouldn't. This place needs an update.

Toady update your forum!
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #162862 on: June 01, 2023, 06:51:20 pm »

Simple machines runs this.  idk what options toady actually has other than getting a new host
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162863 on: June 01, 2023, 10:44:18 pm »

Somehow made it to the top 10% of google map restaurant reviews. Without trying, just lazily doing it.

Guess people like my stuff

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162864 on: June 02, 2023, 12:23:19 am »

Good to hear those 500 things are gone.

I'd rather keep the forum as it is, because other forums I've looked at with "updated" software are ether really poorly set up or lag the hell out of my computer.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #162865 on: June 02, 2023, 01:36:35 am »

Somehow made it to the top 10% of google map restaurant reviews. Without trying, just lazily doing it.

Guess people like my stuff

Congratulations! What's your stuff?
Love, scriver~

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #162866 on: June 02, 2023, 04:59:15 am »

I'd rather keep the forum as it is, because other forums I've looked at with "updated" software are ether really poorly set up or lag the hell out of my computer.

All the "modern" forum software I've seen/used is just horrible for writing and laying out longer posts (I'm pointing at you Discourse!). I really hope this site keeps running on Simple machines far into the future.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #162867 on: June 02, 2023, 01:12:02 pm »

All the "modern" forum software I've seen/used is just horrible for writing and laying out longer posts (I'm pointing at you Discourse!). I really hope this site keeps running on Simple machines far into the future.

Simple machines with https would be perfect. I dunno if it's possible, but it would be perfect.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162868 on: June 02, 2023, 03:20:03 pm »

Saying I have no personality is the new customer insult.  Not like they ignore everything outside of hello, yes, no, goodbye or anything anyway.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #162869 on: June 02, 2023, 04:23:39 pm »

70% of my customers like me because of my personality. Although that becomes a problem when you acquire too many "buddies" and then 10 people are trying to talk to you independently every day.

20% are wildly intimidated by me. Which is fine, I don't have time for fools or the weak-willed.

And 10% say they never want to work with me again. Which is also fine because those 10% almost always suck as customers even if I'm not the one dealing with them.

I do sort of wonder sometimes though, what work would be like if I left no impression at all. I imagine I'd have less to do.

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 10856 10857 [10858] 10859 10860 ... 10983