Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10860 10861 [10862] 10863 10864 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13175045 times)

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #162915 on: June 06, 2023, 08:41:48 am »

It would also make Magmacube the god Vulcan, god of all things fire, including volcanoes.

Which, I suppose, makes sense with their name.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162916 on: June 06, 2023, 09:18:41 am »

Wow, guys, really? Like seriously. Are you for real?

What took you so long?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #162917 on: June 06, 2023, 09:43:13 am »

I feel we could draw the line further back to Hephaestus.

This is some American Gods shenanigans.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162918 on: June 06, 2023, 10:28:38 am »

What took you so long?

A concerning lack of arsen and human sacrifices, we give this title to you on credit so you can feel unshackled.
let

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #162919 on: June 06, 2023, 02:35:47 pm »

I've never found myself tempted to set fire to things, but I have felt tempted to smash random things with a hammer.
If I owned a sledgehammer, many things would be less composed than they are now.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #162920 on: June 06, 2023, 07:28:56 pm »

Cutting firewood with an axe is a great way to get that out of your system, too. And exhausting.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #162921 on: June 06, 2023, 10:47:04 pm »

What took you so long?

A concerning lack of arsen and human sacrifices, we give this title to you on credit so you can feel unshackled.
Canada disagrees with you today.
How did it smell?

I didn't burned them. This is not my first rodeo with this kind of stuff.
Who did you burn instead?

I burned Rome.
Looks like you missed, and hit Quebec instead.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162922 on: June 07, 2023, 01:06:50 am »

Cutting firewood with an axe is a great way to get that out of your system, too. And exhausting.
I've tried to split wood before but apparently wood is stronger that concrete because the solid concrete block I had to log sitting on shattered before the log would split. Gave up after that because it was the only thing solid enough to split the wood on.

How did it smell?

I didn't burned them. This is not my first rodeo with this kind of stuff.
Who did you burn instead?

I burned Rome.
Looks like you missed, and hit Quebec instead.
Sounds like Magmacube really needs to work on his aim.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162923 on: June 07, 2023, 02:00:47 am »

When I was a kid I was playing with matches and a candle and nearly burned the house down.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #162924 on: June 07, 2023, 04:12:49 am »

I've tried to split wood before but apparently wood is stronger that concrete because the solid concrete block I had to log sitting on shattered before the log would split. Gave up after that because it was the only thing solid enough to split the wood on.

Yeah, it's more elastic and absorbs the blows better than the concrete, especially green wood. It's best to put one round of wood on top of another, bigger one out on the lawn. Then you can smack it as much as you need without shattering your patio. And use a wedge and hammer it into the wood if it's too green to split with the axe alone.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162925 on: June 07, 2023, 04:20:01 am »

between log splitting and mice/cat combo I can spot the people who enjoy the rural life, nothing of the sort in the city

When I was a kid I was playing with matches and a candle and nearly burned the house down.
I used to stick plastic hoses into the bonfire, when it melts the falling droplets makes this nice sound. I also manage to fall with my palm down a puddle of molten plastic, and between my palm ballooning in size and the pains my fascination got crabbed.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 05:15:52 am by jipehog »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #162926 on: June 07, 2023, 05:14:10 am »

Traveling internationally with an infant is horrid, don’t do it.

I don’t know how but I’ve done something horrible to my ribs on my right side, and I hold the kid on my left side, which has done horrible things to my arm. And I’ve still got one more flight to go!

One cool thing was having a four hour night though. Traveling East, currently sitting in Schiphol in Amsterdam… which is slightly annoying, given my first flight went West, short hop domestic flight, and the big international one basically flew back over the airport I started at, and near enough flew overthe airport I’ll hopefully end up at (Edinburgh).

The other way I’ll get… too many hours of sunlight. Leaving at 10am in a couple of weeks and chasing the sun.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #162927 on: June 07, 2023, 06:06:54 am »

Already lost the words and most of the details, but dream brain just hit me with an animated disney movie style musical piece about two-phase menstruation in fairies.

They were having some kind of festival celebrating the first time (biological details, apparently the entire species was synched up) for their latest generation, and the queens (there were two, for a specific and related reason) burst into song.

Wild thing, production values were top notch, what little I can remember suggests the song was solid in lyrics and whatnot, too (sometimes dream brain does song writing/composing... if I could remember the damn things I think I'd make a mint 'cause it's remarkably good at it).

Anyway, one thing that stood out is it was basically friggin' yin-yang themed. When it starts, their lower halves go two-toned black and white in color, split down the middle, and each side had different characteristics in exactly what happens on flow. It was the reason there were two fairy queens, even, 'cause while the critters in general ran the gamut of pastels for normal coloration, like you'd expect from a disney movie involving fairies, the royalty was split into paired monochrome.

... any case, what the hell dream brain. I have great respect for the thing 'cause it's basically never done me dirty and it's consistently amazing in output, but sometimes the thing gets weirder than usual. Great worldbuilding and production, as usual, but... still. Still.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162928 on: June 07, 2023, 04:09:49 pm »

Spoiler: This isn't fog. (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162929 on: June 07, 2023, 04:12:46 pm »

Yeah we've been getting some all the way down in North Carolina, from the Canadian wildfires.  I think yesterday they called it a "red advisory" or somesuch
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 10860 10861 [10862] 10863 10864 ... 10983