Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1125 1126 [1127] 1128 1129 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13165857 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #16890 on: September 19, 2012, 12:16:36 am »

I'm genuinely surprised at the number of people in this thread who want to be asexual.
I wouldn't say I want to be asexual. It's just that I'm not getting companionship (iykwim) anyway, so perhaps if I were asexual it wouldn't bother me so much.
So...go out and get what you need?
For me, that's much easier said than done. I'll leave it at that :P
Dude. I thought I was the forever alone guy too. Then I gained some confidence, and now I have a date set up with someone, not to mention having half of bay12 hitting on me.

You are not unattractive. I haven't seen a picture of you so I don't know about that area, but the personality one I can confidently say you are desirable. :)
Great, so I'm desirable to gay guys :P
Just kidding, I appreciate the vote of confidence. Now if only my web personality were the same as my public personality.

@ MZ: Ahem.

EDIT: Found a better version.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16891 on: September 19, 2012, 12:23:53 am »

Now if only my web personality were the same as my public personality.
Oooh, that one I can sympathize with. I'm still very bad at the body language thing, myself. I don't think I'm very witty without time to think about what I have to say, either :P

Though in my experience, the difference between the "web personality" and the "real life personality" is mostly how comfortable you are. I'm very comfortable talking online like this. Real life I get more nervous. People parrot "be yourself" all the time but it's hard to do that wearing metaphorical a suit of armor. Peel those armor layers away and show the world your soft squishy bits, and you'll be more comfortable and thus, more approachable.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #16892 on: September 19, 2012, 12:29:31 am »

Oooh, that one I can sympathize with. I'm still very bad at the body language thing, myself. I don't think I'm very witty without time to think about what I have to say, either :P

Though in my experience, the difference between the "web personality" and the "real life personality" is mostly how comfortable you are. I'm very comfortable talking online like this. Real life I get more nervous. People parrot "be yourself" all the time but it's hard to do that wearing metaphorical a suit of armor. Peel those armor layers away and show the world your soft squishy bits, and you'll be more comfortable and thus, more approachable.

Hrm. The best description I can give of my persoanlity would be "Germanic Depressive". I certainly look the part (Blonde, blue eyes, etc) despite not atctually being german.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16893 on: September 19, 2012, 12:40:58 am »

Hmm. I'm somewhat the opposite of the first one. I'm a damned body language ninja. I've got body language so down that I can say whatever I want without saying a thing. And I'm super witty if I don't think about it, but if I put thought into it, it quickly devolves into less than desirable conversation.

And my soft squishy bits are very well protected. I can pull off appearing comfortable if I want, but I just don't want people getting close because I'm very easily hurt. Tonight I let my armor loosen a bit talking to my LF and I think I freaked her out a little there at the end. To the sad thread!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16894 on: September 19, 2012, 01:48:23 am »

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16895 on: September 19, 2012, 01:59:31 am »

Apparently, my favorite baseball team's game is still going. They're in inning 16.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #16896 on: September 19, 2012, 06:54:17 am »

My brother is an asexual. Apparently, his view on sex is "Meh." (Yes, he's been there, for the record.)

For him, though, it mostly boils down to the fact that he doesn't like people. At all.

For me it's that sex is just fucked up in every possible respect -- socially, politically, spiritually, and physiologically.  It's not really so enjoyable as to be worth wading through all the bullshit.  Would rather have that biological imperative disappear.  I imagine life would be much more peaceful.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16897 on: September 19, 2012, 06:57:18 am »

My brother is an asexual. Apparently, his view on sex is "Meh." (Yes, he's been there, for the record.)

For him, though, it mostly boils down to the fact that he doesn't like people. At all.
Plot twist: it turns out that brother is actually me, and by extension, Pathos and therefore also MZ. Tyler Durden's got nothing on us.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16898 on: September 19, 2012, 07:03:12 am »

I don't wish I was Asexual, wish I was Bi... sadly I'm just straight (No I'm not being sarcastic xD)
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16899 on: September 19, 2012, 07:04:31 am »

Plot twist: it turns out that brother is actually me, and by extension, Pathos and therefore also MZ. Tyler Durden's got nothing on us.
Meta-plot twist: Directed by M. Night Shyamalan.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #16900 on: September 19, 2012, 07:45:25 am »

Managed to kick myself in the face when taking my boots off.
My steel capped boots.

This is gonna be a fun black eye to explain.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16901 on: September 19, 2012, 07:46:39 am »

.....You kicked yourself in the face? Badass. ...Well, kinda. :-\ AM CONFUSED. CANNOT DECIDE IF BADASS.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16902 on: September 19, 2012, 07:47:10 am »

That boot is obviously animate and harbours ill feelings towards you. Tell them the tale of your heroic battle against the malevolent Lord Cheesestench (shoes don't have flattering or intimidating names).

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #16903 on: September 19, 2012, 07:54:56 am »

Managed to kick myself in the face when taking my boots off.
My steel capped boots.

This is gonna be a fun black eye to explain.
What happened here? :c

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #16904 on: September 19, 2012, 07:56:52 am »

I honestly have no idea, I was takin' mah boot off and suddenly WHAM!
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.
Pages: 1 ... 1125 1126 [1127] 1128 1129 ... 10983