Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1166 1167 [1168] 1169 1170 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13169251 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #17505 on: September 25, 2012, 11:18:28 am »

You have the tier 2 guys who actually know things. Then, if you're lucky, the same kind of person as a tier 1. Then you have CSRs and their flowchart-like script.

And then you have Georges.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17506 on: September 25, 2012, 11:32:14 am »

Happy birthday, MZ!

re: last page: I regularly fix my home network by plugging and unplugging cables and projecting an aura of pure hatred and ill intent at the modem. Does that mean I'm the family IT guy?  :P
Tell your ISP to cough up and give up the new model, can't believe the fact that comcast still have 5 year old modems still in operation. What a fucking bitch to get those MAC authenicated with routers.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17507 on: September 25, 2012, 11:47:07 am »

also, my other cat is terrified of the cat flap. she takes 5 minutes building up the courage to go through it >.>

Same here.
My cat once rammed the cat flap so hard the anti-fly net thingy swung open (we have glass doors, hard to put a cat flap in that)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17508 on: September 25, 2012, 11:48:26 am »

Happy birthday, MZ!

re: last page: I regularly fix my home network by plugging and unplugging cables and projecting an aura of pure hatred and ill intent at the modem. Does that mean I'm the family IT guy?  :P
Tell your ISP to cough up and give up the new model, can't believe the fact that comcast still have 5 year old modems still in operation. What a fucking bitch to get those MAC authenicated with routers.
Or just...buy your own? They're not terribly expensive.

Also, WTF, why does playing guitar hurt so damn bad today?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17509 on: September 25, 2012, 12:12:46 pm »

Welp, there went an hour of my day.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17510 on: September 25, 2012, 12:13:28 pm »

The site itself, or the forums?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17511 on: September 25, 2012, 12:21:46 pm »

The site itself, or the forums?

The tickets.  Freaking hilarious.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #17512 on: September 25, 2012, 12:51:51 pm »

Remember, Computers are like dogs and bees, in that they can smell fear.

That's why they don't misbehave when the tech guy is watching.

Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #17513 on: September 25, 2012, 02:33:53 pm »

What the fuck is soft grunge?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17514 on: September 25, 2012, 02:40:22 pm »

The Bureau spent rather a lot of time and money working on an upgrade to an Oracle-based internal application. It was finally debuted with much fanfare last Friday. It crashed and burned within about 10 minutes, and failed so hard that they rolled everything back to the old version.

Now I'm finding out that there are no plans to attempt a re-introduction of the new version in the foreseeable future.

Essentially, they said, "Let us never speak of this again," and will carry on with the outdated version. I'm not sure whether to laugh, cry or boggle.

What the fuck is soft grunge?
Neil Diamond doing a cover of "In Bloom"?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 02:42:40 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17515 on: September 25, 2012, 03:31:04 pm »

So last night I saw one of the more intelligent stoners I've witnessed.

The guy is clearly ripped out of his damn mind, but he's not really bothering anybody other than looking a tad creepy (you know the stoner look where they can't focus or pay attention with the red eye and the optional Jamaican Flag accessory and they sometimes laugh for no reason at all). He might have gotten away with that too if not for said creepy look and the smell. That, wasn't the intelligent part of things.

The problem with being stoned (I'm not gonna get too far into it, because arguing about drugs online is a one way ticket to 7 pages of backlash) is that you can't figure out what the hell you want on your nachos. Look, I get it, or at least I think I can figure it out. I imagine you're pretty damn hungry, but at this point you're also quite useless and the issue is, you're making some poor bastard's job harder and holding the rest of us in line up quite a bit. It isn't as funny as you might think it is when you can't remember if you want cheese on the damn nachos or whatever the crap little thing is holding up the damn lunchline for 6 minutes, because the rest of us would like to eat.... That is of course, unless you plan ahead, which who are we kidding, did not happen if you're the average pothead baked out of his mind with not a single clue how the hell he got into Taco Bell (or wherever). Worse yet, there is a group of stoners up at the counter giggling their asses off and if each one of them holds up the lunchline for 5 minutes, then I might have some food sometime in the next few hours, maybe....

So enter this stoner's intelligence, (semi intelligence?). He actually planned ahead. He realized beforehand, that he was going to be rather useless and actually just wrote down exactly what he wanted on a simple slip of paper, BEFORE... before he got high. He then handed it to the people behind the counter. Amazingly, the preparation didn't stop there. Said pothead had actually figured out how much his food would be costing him beforehand and handed them an envelope with exact change in it.... Most people, who are not stoned, are actually not as considerate or forward thinking. It isn't that the pothead was thinking at that point, but he was sort of thinking at one point before all of this. Now it would've really helped him out if he hadn't called the police officer a "damn cop" on his way out the door, but I guess the intricacy of not insulting a police officer to his face wasn't part of the preparing-to-order-food-in-advance line of thinking....
This needs to be a rage comic.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17516 on: September 25, 2012, 03:42:11 pm »

Happy birthday, MZ!

Or just...buy your own? They're not terribly expensive.

The modem was only about three months old, hence the frustration. I eventually narrowed it down to two options via process of elimination: either the phone line had a short or the modem was sentient and screwing with my mind for shits and giggles. I left before we either replaced the line or exorcised the modem.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17517 on: September 25, 2012, 04:49:33 pm »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17518 on: September 25, 2012, 04:50:43 pm »

Whaaaaat.
What. How is that sort of stupid possible.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 1166 1167 [1168] 1169 1170 ... 10983