Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1173 1174 [1175] 1176 1177 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13170653 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #17610 on: September 26, 2012, 08:38:34 am »

Everyone knows (or will know very soon) that Win8 is ridiculous and more than likely the crap version to balance out the usefulness of Win7 in Microsoft's making of Windows.

Whats new about the server version though?

It's basically a fucking tablet desktop... I will take some screenshots I got the final version before release because my college is cool hehe :P. they also have it connected to Xbox live... I'm on a pc for fuck sake why do I want to be connected to Xbox live?!?!.

Also I have not played with server 2012 much, I forgot to print off my key, but it looks sleek and I think don't quote me on this though, but a lot of the handling of the sever can be done remotely through the network so you don't even need to connect the tower to a monitor or anything simple set up turn it on and then you can do the rest from your desktop.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17611 on: September 26, 2012, 10:29:30 am »

Everyone knows (or will know very soon) that Win8 is ridiculous and more than likely the crap version to balance out the usefulness of Win7 in Microsoft's making of Windows.

Whats new about the server version though?

It's basically a fucking tablet desktop... I will take some screenshots I got the final version before release because my college is cool hehe :P. they also have it connected to Xbox live... I'm on a pc for fuck sake why do I want to be connected to Xbox live?!?!.

Also I have not played with server 2012 much, I forgot to print off my key, but it looks sleek and I think don't quote me on this though, but a lot of the handling of the sever can be done remotely through the network so you don't even need to connect the tower to a monitor or anything simple set up turn it on and then you can do the rest from your desktop.
Beta testing the server right now, its fricking awesome. Remote admin makes my life so much easier without some incompetent customer trying to get me connected via logmein or teamviewer on them. Licensing is suppose to be a lot smoother process now also so i have hopes for the server 2012 windows 8

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17612 on: September 26, 2012, 11:01:23 am »

If you have Win8Pro, and you want your normal desktop, hit the WindowsKey+D command. Boom. Real desktop.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17613 on: September 26, 2012, 12:37:03 pm »

Randomly browsing tvtropes, I come across this.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17614 on: September 26, 2012, 12:39:09 pm »

Randomly browsing tvtropes, I come across this.
I have, in fact, heard of this before. Still a major WTF :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17615 on: September 26, 2012, 12:49:07 pm »

Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17617 on: September 26, 2012, 12:54:06 pm »

If you have Win8Pro, and you want your normal desktop, hit the WindowsKey+D command. Boom. Real desktop.
Good to know the 'Minimize everything, damnit!' key combo still works. :)
Still not going to bother getting it though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #17618 on: September 26, 2012, 01:10:23 pm »

I remove the windows keys from my keyboard because I keep bumping them when I am about to gank some dude in an online game, and by the time I get back in the game, i've been killed.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17619 on: September 26, 2012, 01:23:24 pm »

Hah, I've removed a couple of mine that were annoying me for similar reasons...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #17620 on: September 26, 2012, 01:44:23 pm »

I somehow firgot dinner.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17621 on: September 26, 2012, 02:30:18 pm »

My sister turned on the TV when we got home, and what's the first thing I see? A fat shirtless Japanese man chugging a bottle of cola before proceeding to puke it back up.

What.
The.
Hell.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17622 on: September 26, 2012, 02:35:41 pm »

My sister turned on the TV when we got home, and what's the first thing I see? A fat shirtless Japanese man chugging a bottle of cola before proceeding to puke it back up.

What.
The.
Hell.
Japan!
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17623 on: September 26, 2012, 02:38:00 pm »

What.
The.
Hell.
Japan!
I don't quite know what to say to that...  So...

It has come to this.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17624 on: September 26, 2012, 02:39:16 pm »

That it has.

The real question though is why the hell the tv was set to a channel that would broadcast that kinda stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 1173 1174 [1175] 1176 1177 ... 10983