Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13182195 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #2280 on: October 30, 2011, 05:49:52 am »

Two feet of snow in New England. In October.

And enough snow in West Virginia to knock out power to our main data center.
Seriously nature? Didn't we get enough of this with the DC Snowpocalypse last year??

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: October 30, 2011, 07:33:59 am »

West Virginia has snow? Ain't any snow here in Virginia.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: October 30, 2011, 09:01:30 am »

Martinsburg apparently had enough to knock out power. Western Pennsylvania is getting hammered too.

EDIT: 5-10 inches in that area, apparently.

Nothing like a white Chrismaween, when fetal Jesus zombies stalk through the snow...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:06:13 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: October 30, 2011, 10:13:05 am »

I said something to my younger sister in the car along the lines of "So what do you think is going to be your profession?" and my other sister turns around and says, in all seriousness:

"What did you say about a Pope fetish?"

Cue very awkward silence followed by ROFLing.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: October 30, 2011, 02:01:40 pm »

I recently came across a board game called "Stick the IRS". It's like Monopoly, and the goal is to build up enough tax shelters and whatnot to be called the one who successfully "Stuck the IRS".

I'm not even sure if the existence of such a game is legal.

I also had an odd revelation the other week. There's a woman at work who, whenever she talks, my brain automatically tunes out as background noise, and I actually have to force myself to pay attention to whatever she's saying. Then one morning she was preaching, and hearing what she was talking about made me realize something: she is such an airhead that it's like my brain doesn't register her as a person. Thankfully, she's nobody I really need to concern myself with at work, so I don't need to worry about it much.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: October 30, 2011, 05:29:37 pm »

Sitting on a terrace, enjoying a beer, at 0:00, in T-shirt, and it's almost november. Global Warming is very localised, it should be almost freezing by now.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: October 30, 2011, 06:09:52 pm »

Sitting on a terrace, enjoying a beer, at 0:00, in T-shirt, and it's almost november. Global Warming is very localised, it should be almost freezing by now.
No one likes being cold anyways, lets just keep up with the greenhouse gasses so we can stay warm all year!
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #2287 on: October 30, 2011, 09:07:32 pm »

No one likes being cold anyways, lets just keep up with the greenhouse gasses so we can stay warm all year!

Hell no, it's good to be cold, so that when you go to sleep you can get all curled up and comfy in your blankets :3.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: November 01, 2011, 12:23:57 am »

I moved into a neighborhood that has lots of kids about half a year ago and apparently we only got 1 trick or treater (I was at work) tonight.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: November 01, 2011, 12:48:33 am »

Martinsburg apparently had enough to knock out power. Western Pennsylvania is getting hammered too.
As if Western Pennsylvania needs any more excuse to get hammered.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: November 01, 2011, 02:06:24 am »

So I don't think I'm gettin' paid for this whole appeals thing I'm probably gonna win. So once again, cheap bastards > what I do or how much effort I'm putting into it.

The hell, the initial amount in dispute is >$16,000. The maintenance fees are probably a few thousand more. I've gone through nearly all of trial, am winning (magistrate issued order for me) and I'm gonna win the appeal, but $8,000 is "too much."

I've made this real simple for him:
$8,000 < $21,000+ ($16,000 + $5,000 + the other sides' attorneys fees)
That's for a full complex trial and appeal that you're winning. Winning... still not gettin' paid....
The other side is gonna charge at least $15,000 for atty's fees.... So all in you're looking at about $46,000.

So you can pay me an incredibly small by comparison $8,000 or them $46,000. God damn it really?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #2291 on: November 01, 2011, 02:56:53 am »

I moved into a neighborhood that has lots of kids about half a year ago and apparently we only got 1 trick or treater (I was at work) tonight.
They (whoever it is at your home) probably gave some candy to the first kid that showed up, then told anybody else that showed up that they were out of candy :P

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: November 01, 2011, 10:10:37 am »

So I don't think I'm gettin' paid for this whole appeals thing I'm probably gonna win. So once again, cheap bastards > what I do or how much effort I'm putting into it.

The hell, the initial amount in dispute is >$16,000. The maintenance fees are probably a few thousand more. I've gone through nearly all of trial, am winning (magistrate issued order for me) and I'm gonna win the appeal, but $8,000 is "too much."

I've made this real simple for him:
$8,000 < $21,000+ ($16,000 + $5,000 + the other sides' attorneys fees)
That's for a full complex trial and appeal that you're winning. Winning... still not gettin' paid....
The other side is gonna charge at least $15,000 for atty's fees.... So all in you're looking at about $46,000.

So you can pay me an incredibly small by comparison $8,000 or them $46,000. God damn it really?

Mayhaps now you'll have to sue him?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: November 01, 2011, 11:32:57 am »

::)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 10983