Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2006 2007 [2008] 2009 2010 ... 10981

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13153833 times)

Gukag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #30105 on: April 07, 2013, 10:30:00 am »

U.S corporations? What is it with you navel-gazing, self-flagellating Americans? Is it so impossible for you to believe that other nationalities, ethnicities and cultures can be just as self-destructive and filled with greedy assholes as yours? In Brasil (since we're talking about SA) a big part of the economic development of the past couple of decades largely rests on the total rape and exploitation of the Amazon, and amazingly enough American Corporations had nothing to do with it! You bastards are so selfish you can't even let other countries have evil corporations, as if the US had a patent on them.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30106 on: April 07, 2013, 11:00:21 am »

U.S corporations? What is it with you navel-gazing, self-flagellating Americans? Is it so impossible for you to believe that other nationalities, ethnicities and cultures can be just as self-destructive and filled with greedy assholes as yours? In Brasil (since we're talking about SA) a big part of the economic development of the past couple of decades largely rests on the total rape and exploitation of the Amazon, and amazingly enough American Corporations had nothing to do with it! You bastards are so selfish you can't even let other countries have evil corporations, as if the US had a patent on them.

"You concentrate on problems originating in your own nation, which you are more likely to be familiar with and more likely to be able to work against. Stop being such an asshole!"

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gukag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30107 on: April 07, 2013, 11:09:11 am »

"You concentrate on problems originating in your own nation, which you are more likely to be familiar with and more likely to be able to work against. Stop being such an asshole!"

Moar like completely ignore the source of problems originating in other nations and relate them to yours (even when there is no link whatsoever) so you can self-flagelate while screaming "mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!" in order to satisfy some sort of sick self-loathing impulse. But that's just my perspective as an outsider I guess.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 11:12:02 am by Gukag »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30108 on: April 07, 2013, 11:10:21 am »

Moar like completely ignore problems originating in other nations and relate everything to yours so you can self-flagelate while screaming "mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!" in order to satisfy some sort of sick self-loathing impulse. But that's just my perspective as an outsider I guess.

I won't deny that there are people like that, but they're pretty obviously idiots. I think it's a tad irresponsible to go off like that because of one poorly worded sentence.

3. Run Resize Enable

Gukag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30109 on: April 07, 2013, 11:13:57 am »

Moar like completely ignore problems originating in other nations and relate everything to yours so you can self-flagelate while screaming "mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!" in order to satisfy some sort of sick self-loathing impulse. But that's just my perspective as an outsider I guess.

I won't deny that there are people like that, but they're pretty obviously idiots. I think it's a tad irresponsible to go off like that because of one poorly worded sentence.

Yeah, I might have been projecting a little from recently having to deal with one of them. Mostly needed to vent  :-[ .

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30110 on: April 07, 2013, 11:16:28 am »

Yeah, I might have been projecting a little from recently having to deal with one of them. Mostly needed to vent  :-[ .

Ah, that's completely understandable.

3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #30111 on: April 07, 2013, 11:19:53 am »

U.S. corporations aren't as directly responsible for the destruction in Brasil as other places.  The main problem there is we're their main customers.  U.S. corporations buy the majority of the product from illegal logging and mining operations in Brasil, despite knowledge that 60-80% of wood export comes from illegal operations, the mines are operated by slave labor, and they routinely murder indigenous people.  There are plenty of numbers on it to be found from quick searches.

And it's not like Brasil is the only country in South America.  Like I said - Dirty War.  I work in customs, and I see the products of sweatshop labor come streaming into the country myself, with the aid of various free trade agreements.  Our t-shirts come from countries that were de-stabilized by U.S. interference in decades past so that Fruit of the Loom (to name one) could bring in clothing from Honduran sweatshops for pennies and sell it for incredible profits, after filtering those shipments through multiple monikers, of course.  I've dealt with the documentation myself that has them operating under several different names.

Or how about Peru, where mining operations set up by Newmont have trampled on many people and killed protestors against their operations on several occasions.

Edit:  Ninja'd
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 11:22:49 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #30112 on: April 07, 2013, 11:41:09 am »

Was supposed to go help build a greenhouse today to fulfill a class labor requirement. When I get to the parking lot where we're all supposed to meet, nobody is there. Now I've got to find something else to do.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #30113 on: April 07, 2013, 02:02:51 pm »

Don't worry, I drove thirty miles through a blizzard to class last year, only to be turned away by a security guard at the building because I didn't get the memo that class was cancelled due to the blizzard. Fucking wusses.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #30114 on: April 07, 2013, 02:31:23 pm »

The ski hill reopened for the weekend.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30115 on: April 07, 2013, 03:06:38 pm »

The Windows troubleshooter actually fixed one of my problems.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #30116 on: April 07, 2013, 03:10:27 pm »

This seems to be a common wtf here.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #30117 on: April 07, 2013, 03:11:15 pm »

It's a bug that happens every now and again. They're working on fixing it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #30118 on: April 07, 2013, 03:29:35 pm »

This seems to be a common wtf here.

A quick search reveals that it was just me, twice. :P

Glad to know that I'm not the only one.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30119 on: April 07, 2013, 04:38:50 pm »

So I tried to order a head gasket for my car last week, and the shop said it would be in by Wednesday, and that they would call. Today rolled around, no phone call. I went in to see what's going on, and apparently no one actually called the order in. On top of that, the employees are being extraordinarily silly and one of them mentioned that they had been drinking moonshine the night before. Another one asked me if I wanted some. I politely declined and got out of there.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 2006 2007 [2008] 2009 2010 ... 10981