Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2056 2057 [2058] 2059 2060 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13163458 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #30855 on: April 23, 2013, 04:27:05 pm »

Where are you taking these tests?

Also, the near-crash of the stock market today, caused by someone hacking AP's Twitter account and making a fake post about a bombing of the White House that injured President Obama.
There is a chain of people who need to be punched in the face for that, starting with myself since a normal facepalm just isn't enough in this case.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #30856 on: April 23, 2013, 04:28:02 pm »

Where are you taking these tests?
Online version of textbooks usually have tests like this.
... there needs to be a "check the test maker's work" button.

Though it's nice to see them spicing things up with some tautologies. That's always fun.

I assumed that he meant net production instead of gross production. Turned out I was right :P.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30857 on: April 23, 2013, 05:09:04 pm »

Yeah, when you've got to second-guess the test's wording, and assume it meant something entirely different than it said, there's a problem. Also, kudos to the test-maker on discovering that caterpillars are the key to free energy.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30858 on: April 23, 2013, 05:32:22 pm »

Also, the near-crash of the stock market today, caused by someone hacking AP's Twitter account and making a fake post about a bombing of the White House that injured President Obama.
There is a chain of people who need to be punched in the face for that, starting with myself since a normal facepalm just isn't enough in this case.

I can't help but find that hilarious.  I'm actually a little impressed it went up again so fast.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30859 on: April 23, 2013, 05:33:32 pm »

Yeah, when you've got to second-guess the test's wording, and assume it meant something entirely different than it said, there's a problem.
Oh, I've had that problem way too many times to count. Then there are the really unspecific questions, where you can't give a definitive answer because the question is just way too vague.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #30861 on: April 23, 2013, 06:03:03 pm »

That HAS to be bullshit. Due to some family connections, I've been able to obtain surplus fast-food supplies a few times (including, notably, in 1999) when a restaurant ordered too many buns or patties to store, or a broken cooler on the transport truck meant that the food would no longer be up to safety standards when it reached the destination store. The bread gets hard and falls apart after a week or two, just like any other bread. Likewise, the patties behave identically to any other pre-made hamburger patty, and remain hamburger-patty shaped and colored for about a week after cooking, at which point they become discolored and begin to fall apart. It's possible for a deep-freeze to preserve things further, but not for that long.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #30862 on: April 23, 2013, 07:35:29 pm »

I somehow don't doubt that at all. I doubt though that I'd be able to objectively tell whether Mcdonalds burgers were kept in the freezer sometimes for months before being served. They certainly taste like it for all my memory's worth.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #30863 on: April 23, 2013, 07:56:03 pm »

Oh yeah, I'm now about 19 hours from having been logged in for one year. (This is actually a result of me always having Bay 12 in a tab rather than always actively being on it.)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #30864 on: April 23, 2013, 08:05:33 pm »

So in the past 46 hours, you've been online for 19. Jeez, no wonder I can't keep up.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #30865 on: April 23, 2013, 08:22:34 pm »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #30866 on: April 23, 2013, 08:24:50 pm »

So in the past 46 hours, you've been online for 19. Jeez, no wonder I can't keep up.
On my computer, anyway. I probably only spend an hour or so total actually browsing Bay 12.
[Inevitable both Bushes are wearing blue and thus traitors to the party comment]
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30867 on: April 23, 2013, 08:25:12 pm »

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #30868 on: April 23, 2013, 08:27:03 pm »

It wouldn't be so odd, except that she's not even looking at the camera.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #30869 on: April 23, 2013, 08:28:57 pm »

Little more width and it'd look like something fitting for a Mortal Kombat/Joker crossover. Grin suddenly reaches to her ears, mouth opens with forked tongue and earsplitting screech, then she turns and tears out Bush's heart. Immediately after, giant lizard person rampage. Animality.

E: Wait, no, no. Sheds skin into this guy's demon form. That might work better.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 08:34:54 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 2056 2057 [2058] 2059 2060 ... 10983