Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2058 2059 [2060] 2061 2062 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13173764 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #30885 on: April 23, 2013, 10:07:33 pm »

That's beautiful. Eagleman laying an egg despite being a man. The awful acting that sounds totally out of place and perfect at the same time. The horrible costume.

Wait, why do they assume it's Eagleman who just crashes onto cars that don't have insurance? Why does this happen so often people just assume a loud crashing sound in an uninsured car is just Eagleman? This advert is weird.
Heresy! This is the best thing ever.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30886 on: April 23, 2013, 11:41:33 pm »

I couldn't see where anybody had posted about this before, which strikes me as amazing.  Maybe I'm just that much of a TV wonk.

Because of the TV channels I watch, I see commercials for General Electric a lot.  I've always wondered why, because they're not really advertising anything but the fact that they exist - nobody watching daytime TV is in the market for an MRI machine or a jet engine.  So seeing GE commercials at all is a little WTF.

And then there's this new ad campaign.  Yes, that is Agent Smith himself trying to sell me on... going to the hospital I guess.  With as many Matrix references as possible.  Does not exactly inspire confidence in my well-being upon visit.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30887 on: April 23, 2013, 11:46:44 pm »

I couldn't see where anybody had posted about this before, which strikes me as amazing.  Maybe I'm just that much of a TV wonk.

Because of the TV channels I watch, I see commercials for General Electric a lot.  I've always wondered why, because they're not really advertising anything but the fact that they exist - nobody watching daytime TV is in the market for an MRI machine or a jet engine.  So seeing GE commercials at all is a little WTF.

And then there's this new ad campaign.  Yes, that is Agent Smith himself trying to sell me on... going to the hospital I guess.  With as many Matrix references as possible.  Does not exactly inspire confidence in my well-being upon visit.

Now turn your head and cough... Mr. Annndersonnnn...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #30888 on: April 24, 2013, 12:47:35 am »

Red lollipop, blue lollipop.
What if the hospital is an illusion?!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30889 on: April 24, 2013, 02:21:39 am »

Red lollipop, blue lollipop.
What if the hospital is an illusion?!
Don't worry, there is no syringe.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30890 on: April 24, 2013, 03:12:44 am »

They're the 6th largest company in the USA by revenue, they don't have time to advertise individual products, so the "GE makes awesome stuff" approach is actually effective. When they go to buy a fridge, some idiot is going to think "gee, these are the MRI guys, their fridges must be awesome!"

It's not really any different to how companies like Google or IBM advertise: they want to sell you a PC, or just get you on gmail / google+, so they highlight some advanced project they have, and hope the glamor rubs off.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 03:15:41 am by Reelya »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30891 on: April 24, 2013, 06:33:19 am »

While downloading something, something odd happened. It was going slow, so I began thinking really hard about it going faster, and it did, going up to about 200-300KB/s when a minute before it was stuck around 5KB/s. Curiously enough, I began focus on it downloading slower, and it did, until I began focusing on faster again(it went faster). This is a connection that usually barely only downloads at about 20KB/s normally(to be fair, it was a torrent, but even then, that's normal speed), and has a rating of 56Mb/s.

Did I just discover a psychic power for improving my internet speed? I should be able to market this somehow...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30892 on: April 24, 2013, 07:40:06 am »

While downloading something, something odd happened. It was going slow, so I began thinking really hard about it going faster, and it did, going up to about 200-300KB/s when a minute before it was stuck around 5KB/s. Curiously enough, I began focus on it downloading slower, and it did, until I began focusing on faster again(it went faster). This is a connection that usually barely only downloads at about 20KB/s normally(to be fair, it was a torrent, but even then, that's normal speed), and has a rating of 56Mb/s.

Did I just discover a psychic power for improving my internet speed? I should be able to market this somehow...

The human mind is a ridiculously powerful tool if you give yourself root access to it, but then, you're messing with your mind. Might want to rethink the "rampant abuse of psychic power for profit" part, even if it was meant jokingly. :3

Also, your ISP might simply be silly today.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #30893 on: April 24, 2013, 08:05:26 am »

http://www.kabar.com/home

Kabar.  Deadlier than guns.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

AlmightyOne

• Bay Watcher
  • You and what lightning fingers???
    • View Profile
« Reply #30894 on: April 24, 2013, 08:16:15 am »

You Americans, get to have so much fun with your knives and guns  :D

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #30895 on: April 24, 2013, 08:47:30 am »

If by "fun" you mean "horrific tinning accidents"... yes. Yes, we do.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #30896 on: April 24, 2013, 09:19:14 am »

Third jetfighter to pass over my house this afternoon. Rather low altitude too.

Wonder what they're up too.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30897 on: April 24, 2013, 10:01:42 am »

I saw two Chinoooks
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #30898 on: April 24, 2013, 10:09:19 am »

Heh, the jetfighters that release the colorsof the Belgian flag always come release whatever they have left over quite near my house. It's pretty neat.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30899 on: April 24, 2013, 10:47:17 am »

Heh, the jetfighters that release the colorsof the Belgian flag always come release whatever they have left over quite near my house. It's pretty neat.
Back at my old house, when an air force base about a hundred miles away was still open, they used to fly two A-10s by every Wednesday morning.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.
Pages: 1 ... 2058 2059 [2060] 2061 2062 ... 10983