Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2347 2348 [2349] 2350 2351 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13190895 times)

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #35220 on: July 21, 2013, 11:13:22 am »

I have played enough Vampire: The Masquerade: Redemption to where I am now having "hallucinations" of Christof Romuald looking over my shoulder and trying to learn about modern day society, video games and such. I say "hallucinations" and not hallucinations because I always try to do this on purpose as part of the experiments I perform on my mind and my psyche, the ones I have been performing ever since I was a little kid and thought that it might be something that I could do to keep my mind off of the whole fact that the other kids bullied me constantly and my brother beat me and broke my stuff on a regular basis. Either way it's alright because now I have "hallucinations" of both best Brujah now so I'd say that this experiment was a success.

The other best Brujah is Smiling Jack.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35221 on: July 21, 2013, 11:50:24 am »

I finished Half-Life 2 for the first time ever (shut up stop oppressing me not my fault that I have bad priorities) and noticed that Ellen McLain voices the Overwatch. I guess she found her niche role of all-seeing computers and stuck with it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #35222 on: July 21, 2013, 12:35:00 pm »

Today, while doing some homework, I have been gifted with the amazing knowledge that the sum of the inflation and unemployment rates is know as the misery index.

I just spent like a minute going "What" at my book, because. What? Seriously? "Misery Index?" Seriously?

I thought my homefellows in the philosophy department were occasionally jacking around a bit, and now I find out that the folks over in economics were apparently doing it even more.

Okay, so it was apparently originally called the "discomfort index" but the field has apparently embraced it to the point they're willing to use the term in homework questions so... yeah.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35223 on: July 21, 2013, 01:56:11 pm »

I finished Half-Life 2 for the first time ever (shut up stop oppressing me not my fault that I have bad priorities) and noticed that Ellen McLain voices the Overwatch. I guess she found her niche role of all-seeing computers and stuck with it.
Or...is the Overwatch actually GLaDOS in disguise? I mean, GLaDOS can run on a potato, right?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35224 on: July 21, 2013, 02:01:58 pm »

Today, while doing some homework, I have been gifted with the amazing knowledge that the sum of the inflation and unemployment rates is know as the misery index.

I just spent like a minute going "What" at my book, because. What? Seriously? "Misery Index?" Seriously?

I thought my homefellows in the philosophy department were occasionally jacking around a bit, and now I find out that the folks over in economics were apparently doing it even more.

Okay, so it was apparently originally called the "discomfort index" but the field has apparently embraced it to the point they're willing to use the term in homework questions so... yeah.

If you think that is bad, you should see some of the insane names for properties that Particle Physics has.
This is a blank sig.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35225 on: July 21, 2013, 02:09:20 pm »

If you think that is bad, you should see some of the insane names for properties that Particle Physics has.
Don't you be hatin on my strange quarks, they have some up and downs you know.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #35226 on: July 21, 2013, 02:23:09 pm »

@Kittens: The bed and breakfast we went to had a 17 year old cat that I saw falling over like that a few times too. Maybe there's hope.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #35227 on: July 21, 2013, 02:24:17 pm »

Relevance.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35228 on: July 21, 2013, 04:26:44 pm »

Relevance.
Chemistry can be hilarious if you speak German - talking about "Entartete Orbitale".
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35229 on: July 21, 2013, 04:41:28 pm »

Or...is the Overwatch actually GLaDOS in disguise? I mean, GLaDOS can run on a potato, right?
Nah, GLaDOS learns from her mistakes. The Overwatch computer does the same dumb shit over and over without really thinking about it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35230 on: July 21, 2013, 04:43:34 pm »

The overwatch isn't even sentient. It's an announcer.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35231 on: July 21, 2013, 04:47:34 pm »

The overwatch isn't even sentient. It's an announcer.
It also observes the cameras and stuff and I'm pretty sure is handled by the same computer that does automatic security procedures.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35232 on: July 21, 2013, 11:14:40 pm »

I was looking through the "Naval Vessel Protection Zones" section of the boating navigation guide. They have all the rules, a statement about the fines and prison time you could get, and then, at the very bottom of the page: "And don't forget, both the Navy and the Coast Guard are authorized to use deadly force to protect themselves..." (Complete with the ellipsis)

I just laughed. The official rules aren't enough for some people, I suppose. Somebody was having a fun time writing this.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35233 on: July 22, 2013, 01:43:13 am »

I was reading through the updates on my Facebook account when I had come across a post my mother had liked which had a Norwegian Forest Cat nestled in an open package of water bottles, and I had in my half-awake stupor thought for a moment it said "Have you fucked your cat here?". I did a double-take after having let out a loud cry of "What the fuck?" and found out the actual text was "Have you found your cat here?". I may need more sleep than I am getting.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35234 on: July 22, 2013, 01:58:49 am »

That explanation is boring.  I demand another.
Yeah. It's one of those older, big TVs, y'dig? And it's been hollowed out and filled with sedated crack babies.
As far as i know people don't keep genetically modified food in their TV's.

This deserves something.

ITS A SIG!
Pages: 1 ... 2347 2348 [2349] 2350 2351 ... 10984