Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2350 2351 [2352] 2353 2354 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13177132 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #35265 on: July 23, 2013, 09:35:59 am »

Rope solves many problems, Siru.

In other news, on one hand, I just had to go through a cave full of spiders, looking for the spider named Spider that would give me a quest. All of them were named Spider. And looked identical. Somewhat annoying.

On the other hand, during the process, my dudeling was propositioned by one of the spiders. That was sufficiently amusing to make up for it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35266 on: July 23, 2013, 09:39:44 am »

Dumbest TV moment of the month
----

Ok batman again... A scientist is working in a lab and drops a beaker full of green chemicals. Another SCIENTIST goes to clean up these unknown green chemicals with an ordinary cloth by dabbing it and gets cut and gets chemical into the cut and doesn't care.

It could have been poison, or acid, or heavy water, or a multitude of dangerous compounds... Worse yet is who the heck cleans up broken glass that way? Who the heck cleans up wet broken glass with a cloth by dabbing it over it?

Why are scientists so dumb?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 09:44:26 am by Neonivek »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35267 on: July 23, 2013, 10:21:15 am »

Today's WTF for me is that apparently Sirus hasn't seen big trouble in little china.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35268 on: July 23, 2013, 10:27:31 am »

Dumbest TV moment of the month
----

Ok batman again... A scientist is working in a lab and drops a beaker full of green chemicals. Another SCIENTIST goes to clean up these unknown green chemicals with an ordinary cloth by dabbing it and gets cut and gets chemical into the cut and doesn't care.

It could have been poison, or acid, or heavy water, or a multitude of dangerous compounds... Worse yet is who the heck cleans up broken glass that way? Who the heck cleans up wet broken glass with a cloth by dabbing it over it?

Why are scientists so dumb?
My chemistry teacher last year had cat litter.  Also, I would be concerned enough if a green chemicals even TOUCHED me.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35269 on: July 23, 2013, 11:14:16 am »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35270 on: July 23, 2013, 11:20:55 am »

Today's WTF for me is that apparently Sirus hasn't seen big trouble in little china.
Afraid not :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #35272 on: July 23, 2013, 11:33:07 am »

DUI/OVI (Drunk Driving) Highway Patrol dash camera. Woman is rude to officer and cusses him out. Officer takes it very well; props to him for that.

She falls twice while doing the field sobriety tests.... Once on her butt while during the One Leg Stand Test, and again with more of a faceplant this time during the Walk and Turn Test....

Technically, it's her choice if she wants a trial or to plea, but anybody who sees that tape will convict her in about 5 minutes. Screams at me that I'm "selling (her) out" for pointing out these obvious defects. ??? Says I'm just trying to get rid of her case so I can start my new job and that I don't care about her. Wow. If you're goofy enough to want a trial after seeing that tape, then that's fine. I'm not gonna say it's good.

I will not miss this part of it.

Edit: I'm not even gonna touch the thing with the other guy who is ALWAYS getting arrested. Got away with it that time? Don't worry, he'll give 'em another chance to convict sooner or later, which means sooner. Why yes, he did ask me to lean in to tell me something and then purposefully threw up all over my suit. [shudder]
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 11:43:49 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35273 on: July 23, 2013, 12:26:46 pm »

THEY'RE DOING IT AGAIN.

"Lets go Urist, lets go!"

I swear that that's what those little kids at the summer camp outside of my office are chanting. I swear. I'm going crazy.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35274 on: July 23, 2013, 12:30:51 pm »

Okay guys, admit it; who named their kid Urist and sent him/her to summer camp?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35275 on: July 23, 2013, 01:08:50 pm »

My cousin (7th grade) is way super manipulative. To start with, last night she was telling me how much she loves to manipulate people online. Like, one time she banned two people she didn't like (she was a moderator on a forum) and blamed it on her little sister, and "everybody believed her". She somehow is completely unable to see what is wrong with this :S

But then this morning she comes to me asking how to run a file she downloaded, I help her extract it, and then learn that it's an emulator and a game she downloaded. Whatever, I go on with my morning. At which point she asks me if emulators are illegal, I tell her "Yup!", and continually insist over the next hour that she deletes it, because I have my suspicions as to what she is up to. Sure enough, when her parents come home, "HEY! QUINN HELPED ME DOWNLOAD AN EMULATOR SO I CAN PLAY THIS POKEMON GAME I DOWNLOADED! THERE IS NO WAY I COULD HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT HIS HELP! HE HELPED ME!"
Actually, no, no I didn't. I actually insisted multiple times that you delete it. See if I ever go near you with that computer in your hand again :S
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35276 on: July 23, 2013, 01:33:16 pm »

Also, emulators aren't illegal.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #35277 on: July 23, 2013, 01:33:59 pm »

Only the downloaded ROMs.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35278 on: July 23, 2013, 01:37:57 pm »

Also, emulators aren't illegal.

Only the downloaded ROMs.

I know, but I really don't want to debate the legality (of lack thereof) of emulators with a seventh grader, you know?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35279 on: July 23, 2013, 01:38:59 pm »

Still, did you say you didn't help her download anything? Did you say you told her to delete the stuff? Why did she even tell - that doesn't seem manipulative, it just seems stupid!

Hopefully they believed you, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 2350 2351 [2352] 2353 2354 ... 10983