Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2819 2820 [2821] 2822 2823 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13184537 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #42300 on: January 06, 2014, 11:38:53 am »

So I'm staying up 30 hours to unfuck my sleep schedule (19.39 hours completed as of this post), and things are getting weird. Normally, my state of mind is in one of three categories: observation, concentration, or daydreaming. As of this point, however, I find myself unable to daydream. It's awful. Whenever I try it just comes out as weak concentration pretending to be daydreaming, if that makes any sense. I noticed because I was taking a shower, and usually I spend that entirely daydreaming, but I couldn't. Showers are actually pretty terrible if you can't daydream, I've discovered.

So now I'm stuck trying to find things to concentrate on, like writing this post, to avoid crashing into observation. I can fully feel how tired I am when in involuntary observation, so this situation is less than ideal.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42301 on: January 06, 2014, 11:55:54 am »

Why the actual fuck were we keeping a scanner that cannot be connected to anything and i MEAN ANYTHING that wasn't made 8+ years ago.
My father has been working for IBM for 35 years. He keep his old "laptops" in a drawers in the garage. And I call them laptop so you understand what I mean. You don't want them on your lap. some weight more than 10kg (20lb), and, even if they have a 11" screen, they are 2.5 inches thick at least. And if you manage to turn on one of those, you'll have a heater good enough for the winter !

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42302 on: January 06, 2014, 12:06:10 pm »

Showers are actually pretty terrible if you can't daydream, I've discovered.
Showers are also terrible when you have extreme body dysphoria like I do...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42303 on: January 06, 2014, 12:10:41 pm »

I don't know if we're having a similar revulsion, but my problem with it is that I'm left with nothing to concentrate on, and thus immediately crash into observation. I'm stuck feeling the water crashing against me, focused on the force of it. Unpleasant.

So I've started seeing tiny black objects scurrying around the corners of my vision now. I'm no expert, but madness cometh.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42304 on: January 06, 2014, 12:17:37 pm »

I don't know if we're having a similar revulsion, but my problem with it is that I'm left with nothing to concentrate on, and thus immediately crash into observation. I'm stuck feeling the water crashing against me, focused on the force of it. Unpleasant.

So I've started seeing tiny black objects scurrying around the corners of my vision now. I'm no expert, but madness cometh.
I like showers. I turn the water up to a temperature where it's almost scalding, and then kind of space out. If anything is good at making someone feel relaxed it's extreme amounts of heat.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42305 on: January 06, 2014, 12:20:54 pm »

Huh. That's odd. The last time I stayed up for more than 30 hours, the shapes I saw at the corner of my vision were puce, of all colours.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42306 on: January 06, 2014, 12:25:16 pm »

Well, it is the English paying for it, after all.

That is completely false but perhaps we should take that to the Euro-thread if you wish to discuss it.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42307 on: January 06, 2014, 12:33:14 pm »

Well, it is the English paying for it, after all.
Nah, the Scottish have money streaming from their orifices. They have a massive oil industry.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42308 on: January 06, 2014, 12:34:03 pm »

I like showers. I turn the water up to a temperature where it's almost scalding, and then kind of space out. If anything is good at making someone feel relaxed it's extreme amounts of heat.
That is the issue that I have been discussing. At the moment, I can't space out. I'm locked-in. I get the feeling I'm staying that way until I sleep again.
No Gods, No Masters.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42309 on: January 06, 2014, 12:36:03 pm »

That is the issue that I have been discussing. At the moment, I can't space out. I'm locked-in. I get the feeling I'm staying that way until I sleep again.
The only reason I can space is out because of the high temperatures. That's why I mentioned it.
Really, a shower any less warm than you can bear is a pretty terrible one.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #42310 on: January 06, 2014, 12:47:58 pm »

It used to be that all you needed was to be an EU citizen, just not from somewhere else in the UK, but the English got so upset at that we are now phasing that scheme out.
Can you blame us? Our own country screws us over, and then Scotland effectively says that anyone in the EU can go unless you're English (or otherwise British but not Scottish). I'm not saying you (ie. Scottish lawmakers) are necessarily in the wrong, but that along with all the other uni stuff it was a tad irritating.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42311 on: January 06, 2014, 12:54:39 pm »

I swear that I saw someone teleport. I was crossing the street and saw someone walk into a small store across from me. I blinked and then saw the same person walking along the sidewalk toward me. They were at least 20 meters from the store they had just walked into. I looked into the store when I passed by it and the person wasn't inside. I honestly don't know how to explain it.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42312 on: January 06, 2014, 12:59:11 pm »

Can you blame us? Our own country screws us over, and then Scotland effectively says that anyone in the EU can go unless you're English (or otherwise British but not Scottish). I'm not saying you (ie. Scottish lawmakers) are necessarily in the wrong, but that along with all the other uni stuff it was a tad irritating.

There are rather a lot of students in our universities from elsewhere in the UK though. St. Andrews is practically 70% English, 10% Canadian and 9% American, 1% Scottish. We would lose a lot of money if we suddenly let you get your education here for free too.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #42313 on: January 06, 2014, 01:27:10 pm »

There are rather a lot of students in our universities from elsewhere in the UK though. St. Andrews is practically 70% English, 10% Canadian and 9% American, 1% Scottish. We would lose a lot of money if we suddenly let you get your education here for free too.

Yeah we would but you can hardly call it unjustified complaining though, it is specifically targeting English and Welsh people out of everyone in the EU.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #42314 on: January 06, 2014, 01:52:31 pm »

As I said, (or meant to say, at least) was that whilst it was justified, it wasn't exactly fair - the complaints were equally justified.

Ninja'd by Kansa, who sums it up rather more eloquently.

EDIT: as an actual WTF, I'm actually finding ACIII rather enjoyable.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 2819 2820 [2821] 2822 2823 ... 10983