Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2827 2828 [2829] 2830 2831 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13166580 times)

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #42420 on: January 08, 2014, 11:03:30 pm »

I initially visualized that list as if it were describing a single incident.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #42421 on: January 08, 2014, 11:10:06 pm »

Today I discovered this film trailer. The film grossed a grand total of $96k and was sponsored by Wal-Mart, Coca-Cola and American Airlines.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #42422 on: January 08, 2014, 11:26:30 pm »

Today I discovered this film trailer. The film grossed a grand total of $96k and was sponsored by Wal-Mart, Coca-Cola and American Airlines.

Oh my god.

That is hilarious or tragic, and I can't tell which.
Made with only the best* actors from Lifetime Original movies.

*By which I mean the worst.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42423 on: January 08, 2014, 11:26:52 pm »

Personally I find "The American Dream" and related things to be offensive*, so I found it disgusting.

The wife got a good laugh out of it though.

*Anyone can make it != everyone can make it, and it's horrible to imply otherwise.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42424 on: January 08, 2014, 11:50:58 pm »

Oh my god.

That is hilarious or tragic, and I can't tell which.
Made with only the best* actors from Lifetime Original movies.

*By which I mean the worst.
I dunno, I thought the black kid was an alright actor. I saw the first part and I didn't think it was too bad, but when it started showing everyone else it just got worse and wares until I was cringing at how horrible the "paralyzed" guy was.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42425 on: January 08, 2014, 11:54:24 pm »

I find the concept of nationalism and patriotism to be inherently flawed, because people suck, and so does every country. Especcially the United States.

This was pre-rescission. Huh. That's kinda interesting.

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42426 on: January 09, 2014, 12:21:40 am »

So I was grading exams and one kid put: "The Laffer Curve is a curve shaped curve" as one of their answers.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume the kid doesn't know what a tautology is. (Another said "The Laffer Curve is a rainbow shaped curve," which has got to be the only time I've seen rainbow used to describe an economic concept.)
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #42427 on: January 09, 2014, 12:23:40 am »

My Macro teacher had us remember it by constantly pointing out that it looks like a boob if you include the point at the tip. It worked!
It's FEF, not FEOF

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42428 on: January 09, 2014, 01:28:23 am »

'Who had the most painful experience'
Let's see...being set on fire probably tops the list. Being hit by a truck (Ford F350,) didn't feel too good, either. They were both worse than the migraine/cluster headaches I get due to concussions. Although, for total pain caused over time, my back takes the cake.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42429 on: January 09, 2014, 03:00:47 am »

I've gotten off relatively lightly. The worst I've ever had was having the brakes fail on my mountain luge (think something like a normal street luge with a slightly inclined backrest and marginally better steering control, only you're going down a rough dirt track at a very steep incline from the top of a mountain, rather than a steep city street), striking an obstacle, and leaving about two square inches of face on the mountainside, as well as a bunch of cuts and a ruined pair of glasses. On the bright side, the lenses didn't shatter and the scars went away after five or six years. I went down the mountain nine more times that day after getting patched up and pouring a bunch of disinfectant over things. "Fuck you mountain, you ain't the boss of me."  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42430 on: January 09, 2014, 03:15:44 am »

Worst I got was falling on a pair of scissors and cutting my thumb open bad enough to get three whole stitches.
I know, I lead a dangerous life.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42431 on: January 09, 2014, 03:17:23 am »

Worst I got was falling on a pair of scissors and cutting my thumb open bad enough to get three whole stitches.
I know, I lead a dangerous life.
2edgy5me

Get it together AlleeCat, you're scaring the children with all that edge!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #42432 on: January 09, 2014, 03:36:51 am »

'MURICA: THE MOVIE
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42433 on: January 09, 2014, 03:39:10 am »

Most painful would be... I'm not sure. I've burnt my elbow on the tip of an iron. Also fell off a fence and cut my foot once, and whacked the back of my head on asphalt another time. I've had hypothermia but that's not painful, more disorientating.

Scrapes, carpet burns and the like hurt the most, because they linger for a long time.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #42434 on: January 09, 2014, 03:54:47 am »

Most painful? A couple of years ago while on a holiday on one of the Greek islands, me and my stepfather were making a turn on a scooter at ~40 kph, and as it turned out Chinese scooters are not necessarily best scooters. Which is to say, instead of turning it fell on the ground, and since it was Greece in summer, all I had on was the helmet, a t-shirt and shorts.

BUT that wasn't the painful part. The painful part was going back to the apartment then having the wounds showered to clean them. As in, with a direct stream on the wound. Ouch.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 2827 2828 [2829] 2830 2831 ... 10983