Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2828 2829 [2830] 2831 2832 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13214712 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #42435 on: January 09, 2014, 04:15:55 am »

Most painful experience?
Whenever I high-five anyone with my right hand.

To explain this, some years ago I injured my right ringfinger.
ever since I have had this small lump slightly on it's side, which I highly suspect is located directly above a nerve.
I have yet to visit a doctor or some kind, but It usually dosn't bother me unless I do any activity where I accidentally put pressure on that finger.
But whenever I  do.. The pain is almost paralyzing.
Should probably visit a doctor but.. procrastination.. and.. stuff..
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 04:17:50 am by Ultimuh »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42436 on: January 09, 2014, 06:47:49 am »

Today I discovered this film trailer. The film grossed a grand total of $96k and was sponsored by Wal-Mart, Coca-Cola and American Airlines.

Some of the comments are freaking hilarious.

Right now, I've got the most Patriotic boner, harder than the rocks of Mount Rushmore. I need an Apple pie right now.

I'm dispatching a freedom apple pie bearing  bald eagle to your location right now, just keep shooting your gun in the air and he'll find you.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #42437 on: January 09, 2014, 07:15:52 am »

Most Painful?

I did get a root canal today, took 3.5 hours, since that tooth had 4 canals over an inch long.

that was good for a laugh.

(repressed memory ahoy)

Had influenza fever over 107f.

For 3 weeks afterwards, my skin burned.

Warm water burned, cool water burned, lotion burned, cotton burned, silk burned, nothing could touch my skin without incredible pain. I once brushed my arm against a halogen bulb, instantly incinerating the top layer of skin in a dime sized spot. This hurt worse, and was every square inch of skin on my body.

If I stood naked touching nothing, only my feet would hurt, until I fell exhausted onto the bed, getting at most an hours sleep at a time.

Finally got the right medication (steroid pills) and the pain finally stopped.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42438 on: January 09, 2014, 07:37:16 am »

Today I discovered this film trailer. The film grossed a grand total of $96k and was sponsored by Wal-Mart, Coca-Cola and American Airlines.

'MURICA: THE MOVIE
I don't see why the whole thing's so bad - I mean, yeah, low production values, bad actors, worse script, but at least they're doing it in a non-nationalist patriotic way. A movie called "Proud American" that features a kid from the ghetto, a girl who was one of the boat people, and a cripple? It's a (clumsy) step in the right direction, if you ask me.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42439 on: January 09, 2014, 08:46:13 am »

[..]in the past. When traveling back to Utah in November,
[...]
I hate mis-reading only to find out reality is not always awesome ...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42440 on: January 09, 2014, 10:15:27 am »

Probably most painful experience in my life was a cyst I developed several years ago. I left it alone, hoping it would just go away, but it kept growing and getting worse until the slightest bit of pressure was painful. Not only that, but unrelated patches of skin began feeling like needles were continuously being driven into them.

Eventually I went to the hospital, where at first they merely lanced the cyst and sent me home with stitches. Problem was, the stitches kept getting pulled and the wound refused to heal. Cue another two years of weekly doctor visits, medical vacuums, two surgeries, and some sort of chemical cauterization thing.

I'm fine now except for some scarring, but those two years kinda sucked.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #42441 on: January 09, 2014, 10:37:39 am »

For me, most painful was probably appendicitis.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #42442 on: January 09, 2014, 10:38:36 am »

Worst I got was falling on a pair of scissors and cutting my thumb open bad enough to get three whole stitches.
I know, I lead a dangerous life.

I broke my little toe.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #42443 on: January 09, 2014, 11:35:27 am »

Worst I got was falling on a pair of scissors and cutting my thumb open bad enough to get three whole stitches.
I know, I lead a dangerous life.

I broke my little toe.

Ouch, must've been a bitch to heal too.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #42444 on: January 09, 2014, 12:03:00 pm »

Most painful?
Well, there was the few times that my whole body locked up and I felt as if a giant ball were being shoved down by throat.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42445 on: January 09, 2014, 12:05:34 pm »

The time that happens maybe once a month when I wake up and my lower leg is extremely cramped for a good minute or five.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42446 on: January 09, 2014, 12:10:22 pm »

Ah, that. Unlike the headaches, the leg pain still happens to me. I've gotten to the point where I can force it to relax properly, though this is still painful. When I was younger I would just leave it, which is worse, since it lasts. A couple of times I have stretched it out....a bit too quickly. A couple of times I've had a swollen and sore leg for days afterwards. A few times I've gotten a limp. Once I actually heard a cracking sound, that was probably the worst time.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42447 on: January 09, 2014, 12:42:04 pm »

Um, is anyone else's sub box in Youtube now just NOT showing the names of any of the uploaders? I mean, I can still recognize who's doing what thanks to each person's Profile Picture, but it's inconvenient for the ones I don't recognize.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42448 on: January 09, 2014, 12:43:31 pm »

Everybody who uses Youtube Center is affected.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42449 on: January 09, 2014, 12:47:14 pm »

I'm more interested in why, when I view people I'm following and look at their uploads, there's a button that says "view 30 more" (where the video I'm actually looking for is presumably listed), but clicking on it... does nothing, whatsoever, aside from making the button disappear.

The videos aren't appearing if I search for them either.

I can still access them through direct links, so they are up, just, like... hidden.

For more than one uploader, too....
Pages: 1 ... 2828 2829 [2830] 2831 2832 ... 10984