Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2926 2927 [2928] 2929 2930 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13185425 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #43905 on: February 09, 2014, 09:50:10 am »

Yeah, this picture came from a club i'm in on the MyAnimeList website, poster said he's visiting Japan or something and a friend there was showing him around the area, he stuck up a pile of his photos.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43906 on: February 09, 2014, 10:47:19 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Why did Sega approve this? And why do they have bandages on their shoes?

I actually think Tails looks pretty cool in this picture. Maybe with a bit of edits he could almost look like a steampunk Tails. What about a steampunk Sonic game?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43907 on: February 09, 2014, 11:04:09 am »

I actually think Tails looks pretty cool in this picture. Maybe with a bit of edits he could almost look like a steampunk Tails. What about a steampunk Sonic game?
I find it hard to take this picture seriously. Exhibit A: Knuckles

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #43908 on: February 09, 2014, 11:13:53 am »

Honestly, I can see what they were going for.

Tails is a pilot and mechanic, hence the leather and goggles.
Knuckles is a fighter, specifically a bare-knuckle boxer, hence the overly large upper body and tape.
Sonic is a runner and all about getting from A->B fast, so they're clearly taking queues from parkour free-runners here (tape on the hand and feet, very slender physique).
Amy looks about the same as always.

So yeah, I think the ideas are fine. The art-style and execution needs a bit of work, but then again that's why it has that big "Work In Progress" in the corner.

Then again maybe I read too much of the Sonic UK comic as a child...that was an awesome comic...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 11:16:30 am by MorleyDev »

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43909 on: February 09, 2014, 11:16:07 am »

They need more zippers.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43910 on: February 09, 2014, 12:36:16 pm »

They need more zippers.
Maybe some belts as well.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43911 on: February 09, 2014, 01:35:42 pm »

Had an experimental sandwich today, found out ranch and mustard actually go fairly well together.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43912 on: February 09, 2014, 02:27:52 pm »

Accidentally clicked the last page of this board and holy shit did I have a feeling of 'What the hell happened in two seconds' before realizing I clicked on the last page...

CORRECTION!

I found my computer had a time machine.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 02:30:43 pm by Iceblaster »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #43913 on: February 09, 2014, 02:37:07 pm »

Wait we have/had a dude whose user name was just the empty set symbol? Interesting.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #43914 on: February 09, 2014, 02:43:03 pm »

On another forum, where a GM has managed to get himself a cult around his Liver (that I am proud to say I started) due to his frequent and massive hangovers, we have a game called Apotheosis. There is much politics, and a guy called Fakey once had his God of Death murdered by the Nature Goddess that arranged a marriage with him to end the war they were having. Much later, after God of Death's daughter had been abandoned and left to starve due to her order of trying to murder the much-adored prophet of the God of Luck by having someone stab him in the eye whilst having the name of a fake god stitched into the stabber's belly, he had created a new god.

He decided to try and screw up two gods: the previously-mentioned Nature Goddess, Eirene, and the God of Lakes Kalichara. He told Eirene that Kalichara would rape her to have his mutant children, and told Kalichara that someone had told her that he'd try to rape her and thus she decided to go to war with him. This basically resulted in 'Shut up, Fakey'.

Now, here's where we get to the WTF (if our Liver cult doesn't count). Within the player factions, there are two Pantheons that have the majority of worship: The Kidemon Athenatoi, also known as the Five (although their fifth member has been AFK since forever, and the mortals rumour he was killed in the battle for Aegypt) are the "good" guys. They have the God of Warfare, the God of Knowledge, the previously-mentioned God of Luck, the God of the Wilds and the God of Trade (the AFK one). The slightly larger Prota Gennethei is the "bad" guys, made up of the friendly God of the Seas, and the two more warlike gods, the God of the Earth and Horses and the God of the Sky and Darkness. These two groups have been at war before, and have recently signed a peace treaty.

Now, me and the guy who controls the God of Lakes were bored. I suggested that we do what Fakey did, except better. He agreed, and thus we began our plot.

We decided we wanted to have ours involve the Prota. I suggested the God of Horses, because I don't like him and he's directly next to me. We agreed. After much thinking, we gained a plan.

A rather unlucky God of Cats was going to Aegypt, as although he had previously been under the Persian King Darius's leadership, he'd been expected to go and directly fight Orubashi, who was snacking on other Persian minor deities like they were sandwiches after Darius had attacked him. He was selected as who we'd send the fake message to.

The Five were an obvious choice for who we'd pretend the Kai wanted to attack. And so, I sent a message to this god, saying:

"I think I'll be staying on the sidelines for this one. I mean, having fire sprites and pegasi having epic air battles with warlocks would be cool, but I also like Yam-Apep because he's my buddy. If you want to try it, feel free. Just make sure it doesn't affect me."
Spoiler: note (click to show/hide)

He actually believed it was real, and thus a panic broke out in the group Skype. Me and Lake God sat back in our PM system, laughing our collective godly asses off. As of our last talking, Lake God is trying to stoke up the fires of panic by making them all think of reasons for the Kai to attack Yam-Apep. I hope they continue to believe it until they ask the Kai what's going on, or post something in the main topic. Revealing it's a prank after that happens would be even more hilarious.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43915 on: February 09, 2014, 05:53:29 pm »

Sharing my name is an art thing dedicated to preserving elephants, which I knew.

But apparently there's also a band.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43916 on: February 09, 2014, 06:27:27 pm »

I agree that Knuckles looks like he's had too many steroids (and why would you wrap spiked gloves?) but I think that Tails' design looks good. Maybe add more jackets/belts/goggles/assorted items and it would look more steampunky.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43917 on: February 09, 2014, 06:31:18 pm »

Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #43918 on: February 09, 2014, 08:48:47 pm »

I haven't been here in a long while :X

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43919 on: February 09, 2014, 08:49:18 pm »

I remember you! :O
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 2926 2927 [2928] 2929 2930 ... 10983