Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2965 2966 [2967] 2968 2969 ... 10981

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13154352 times)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #44490 on: February 20, 2014, 02:38:31 pm »

Zangi levels up driving stat. 
New skill unlocked; driving at 'normal' speed with left knee on non-curve intensive road.  Bonus sub-skill, eat with 2 hands while driving.
Oh man when I started driving I thought I could never eat and drive at the same time. Now I'm making waffles and posting on a forum while weaving through traffic! ;P

Congratulations!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #44491 on: February 20, 2014, 06:08:00 pm »

Zangi levels up driving stat. 
New skill unlocked; driving at 'normal' speed with left knee on non-curve intensive road.  Bonus sub-skill, eat with 2 hands while driving.
Oh man when I started driving I thought I could never eat and drive at the same time. Now I'm making waffles and posting on a forum while weaving through traffic! ;P

Congratulations!
I'm drinking vodka, cooking bacon and texting at the same time when I'm driving, noob.

:P

lrn2paly, you gotta use the bug in the phone's software that makes it overheat to set the vodka on fire and cook bacon over it.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44492 on: February 20, 2014, 06:12:16 pm »

Finally, I'm going to go there: stop raising fighting dogs (like people do all the time with pit bulls and rottweilers), people. All you see are news stories where the wailing mother says "the dog was so wonderful and then one day it just snapped!" and that's a best-case scenario where the dog is nominally okay but may turn into a murderhound at any moment. Worst-case, it's a jackass who wants the dog because he can beat it and make it mean so it'll kill whoever tries to break into his house. There's a reason dogs bred for fighting have a bad reputation. Why is it illegal to have a bobcat or an alligator but if you want the biggest, meanest, deadliest dog it's totally fine?
I still disagree with this, but Glyph seems to care more than I do, and if he'll drop the subject then I guess I will too.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #44493 on: February 20, 2014, 07:27:40 pm »

Finally, I'm going to go there: stop raising fighting dogs (like people do all the time with pit bulls and rottweilers), people. All you see are news stories where the wailing mother says "the dog was so wonderful and then one day it just snapped!" and that's a best-case scenario where the dog is nominally okay but may turn into a murderhound at any moment. Worst-case, it's a jackass who wants the dog because he can beat it and make it mean so it'll kill whoever tries to break into his house. There's a reason dogs bred for fighting have a bad reputation. Why is it illegal to have a bobcat or an alligator but if you want the biggest, meanest, deadliest dog it's totally fine?
I still disagree with this, but Glyph seems to care more than I do, and if he'll drop the subject then I guess I will too.
I disagree too. That a breed of dog labelled as a fighting dog can inherently be more dangerous than other kinds of dogs of similar size and with the same amount of training is illogical. Any dog that is big enough can be dangerous no matter how well bred it is. Its a case of perceived danger. Crossing the street is dangerous, and people have been injured or killed crossing streets. Does this mean you should never cross the street? Does it mean that you can take precautions against being injured while crossing one? Some dogs are big enough to hurt people, some of these dogs that while their owners are kind to them have snapped and hurt someone, but it doesn't mean you should condemn all dogs of that type.

And ironically I've never known Pits to have a reputation for injuring its owner, even after my own dog (which is not a Pit or any kind of "guard" dog) actually bit our neighbor's girl. We were super upset, and confused. Our dog doesn't even bark.. Why did he bite this poor girl's leg? We talked about having him put down, sending him to the pound, all sorts of things..  In the end.. Well he's outside right now. Chilling in the snow.

Spoiler: Like This (click to show/hide)
Of course that's just a stock image and my actual dog is much bigger than that. But he DOES look like he's always having a bad hair day. :3

---

On another note, I do think that Glyph kinda..

..I don't see how Leo was ignoring other people's opinions, in fact he did an okay job acknowledging them. I don't think you should get mad at him because he read what other people said and decided to stand by his own opinion, one that didn't exactly line up with yours.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44494 on: February 20, 2014, 07:35:53 pm »

Ehh. I get mad at people for having different opinions to myself on important (to me) matters all the damn time, especially when they try to rebut my own, superior opinions with their terrible excuse for 'logic'.
...I am a pretty angry person. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44495 on: February 20, 2014, 07:43:23 pm »

I forgive you, Yoink. :P Sometimes it's good to realize others have different opinions, although it's preferable that things remain civil at such a time.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44496 on: February 20, 2014, 07:51:54 pm »

I tend to get rather upset on issues that have personal relevance.

It's too bad I can't convince people of their inherent, universe defying wrongness with my sheer force of will :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44497 on: February 20, 2014, 08:18:08 pm »

There is apparently a pan only for making egg omelet rolls. I must have one.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #44498 on: February 20, 2014, 08:59:58 pm »

Well, that's just your opinion. :P
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44499 on: February 20, 2014, 09:05:17 pm »

Today, I have learned two things.

One: Hurdy gurdies look like trilobites.

Two: They're kinda' awesome.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44500 on: February 20, 2014, 09:06:49 pm »

NO! IT'S A FACT! :P

Your opinion is wrong!  :P
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44501 on: February 20, 2014, 11:42:04 pm »

Youtube changed it's layout. AGAIN.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44502 on: February 20, 2014, 11:48:39 pm »

Youtube, we get that you can be original, but stop being so original.

I wonder if they fixed the comments...

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44504 on: February 20, 2014, 11:59:21 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVCtkzIXYzQ
Funny times, I literally just referenced the Dude in another thread.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 2965 2966 [2967] 2968 2969 ... 10981