Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2969 2970 [2971] 2972 2973 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13180425 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #44550 on: February 21, 2014, 10:11:12 pm »

That's a coincidence.. Maybe too much of a coincidence. We all know the aliens are scared of our ever-more-powerful bball slams.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44551 on: February 21, 2014, 10:58:40 pm »

I've... I've just now noticed that I apparently get annoyed when I 100% quiz/tests/etc. I guess it doesn't feel right to do well when there's not some failure involved? Like it's too easy. Perfection means you're not encountering difficulty. I mean, extra credit or curvature or something bringing it up to 100+ is fine, but actually missing nothing is, just.

It's like the test is poorly designed or something. S'almost... insulting? It is a strange sensation. Just... just mark one off at random or something. Max score of 99/100. That'll do.

Also noticed a couple days ago my default reaction to learning I topped the class on a test is "Shit." Bit of a cringe involved. Happened plenty in the past, in retrospect, but I think this is the first time I've actually noticed it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44552 on: February 21, 2014, 11:01:17 pm »

I've had a couple of times where I've gotten back a 100% and I had to double check to be certain I really hadn't somehow not managed to get something wrong.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44553 on: February 22, 2014, 12:11:37 am »

Spoiler: You wot, PNX? (click to show/hide)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44554 on: February 22, 2014, 11:35:20 am »

Parents made meat loaf last night, but then left it out all night. We've also started getting ants again. Strangely, there was not one ant in the meat loaf dish, none at all. They were all over the pot we use to heat water for tea/coffee, though.

I'm assuming his teachers routinely screw up, and mark off correct answers as wrong. Therefore, a 100% means he got some answers wrong. That might apply to Frumple as well.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44555 on: February 22, 2014, 11:53:41 am »

Nah, I haven't seen teachers mis-mark tests very often. 'specially given the prevalence of scantron (machine checked bubble-in thingies, whatever they're called in other places) and digital tests, these days. Question or answer's sometimes worded poorly enough th'teach strikes it off the graded stuff, but that's about it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44556 on: February 22, 2014, 12:10:49 pm »

Nah, I haven't seen teachers mis-mark tests very often. 'specially given the prevalence of scantron (machine checked bubble-in thingies, whatever they're called in other places) and digital tests, these days.
It happens. I apparently somehow graduated high school with a reading level stated as 3rd or 4th grade because of misgrading one of those(was previously at being college level and up since 3rd or 4th grade). And no, the teacher wouldn't let me retest.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44557 on: February 22, 2014, 12:12:32 pm »

I think this was in reference to the double negative I used, my bad. You guys got what I mean anyway.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #44558 on: February 22, 2014, 01:53:04 pm »

Oh god, can't stop laughing at that fucking image, ahahahaha!

Anyways, something I've noticed, YT is acting up, the bastard. When I click a video on the sidebar thingy to watch it, it loads everything but the video, which for some reason loads up the one I was on previously, replaying it as normal. Only when I reload the page does it load the proper video.

WTF YT?!?!

WTF!?!?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #44559 on: February 22, 2014, 05:20:55 pm »

Youtube hasn't messed up for me in years.

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44560 on: February 22, 2014, 05:26:49 pm »

So, I accidentally found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OmGQoVnubI
This is so bad...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #44561 on: February 22, 2014, 05:32:13 pm »

Youtube hasn't messed up for me in years.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44562 on: February 22, 2014, 05:35:27 pm »

You lucky bastards.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44563 on: February 22, 2014, 05:58:39 pm »

Nah, I haven't seen teachers mis-mark tests very often. 'specially given the prevalence of scantron (machine checked bubble-in thingies, whatever they're called in other places) and digital tests, these days. Question or answer's sometimes worded poorly enough th'teach strikes it off the graded stuff, but that's about it.

I was once in a large university course where they screwed up the midterm marking on a scantron test. The class was so large (I think at least 1000 people, it was a mandatory first year class for all science majors) that the test took place on a weekend and people were split into several different buildings based on their last name so they could all take it at once. There were two different versions of the test distributed (to combat cheating, I guess) and for one of the buildings, they accidentally swapped the two marking schemes when they ran the tests through.

When the marks came out several days later, the course's online forum exploded with people freaking out about the fact they got 10% or less on a test they thought they'd aced. They figured out what happened when they realized everyone who was complaining had a last name starting with the same letter.

(They obviously re-marked the tests once the problem came to light, but I imagine some people had a very bad day or two in between.)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #44564 on: February 22, 2014, 09:37:53 pm »

X and Y arc of Pokemon Special
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 2969 2970 [2971] 2972 2973 ... 10983