Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2991 2992 [2993] 2994 2995 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13005784 times)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #44880 on: February 27, 2014, 06:05:34 pm »

-snop-
Sounds like some poor old guy with Alzheimers.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44881 on: February 27, 2014, 06:16:49 pm »

-snop-
That was my initial conclusion, but the rambling feels too coherent for that, if you take my meaning.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44882 on: February 27, 2014, 06:41:08 pm »

In a world, where voice actors who can't do different voices are shunned for future work because their past roles are too easily remembered, one man has the power to be that voice actor. This fall, be a part of history as you watch Adam Jensen stand in a soup line.

I dunno, Steve Blum keeps finding work in every freaking game I own.  I'm pretty sure Jensen's VA will be fine.  :P

If not, Steve might end up there too.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #44883 on: February 27, 2014, 06:41:14 pm »

-snop-
That was my initial conclusion, but the rambling feels too coherent for that, if you take my meaning.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44884 on: February 27, 2014, 07:42:50 pm »

-snop-
Sounds like they thought they were talking in a chat room with other people.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44885 on: February 27, 2014, 07:56:58 pm »

Honestly why hasn't there been a GOOD super hero highschool show yet?

There have been super heros in a highschool.. but that usually amounts to what is just a single class. (So yeah... None of the Xmen shows count)

HECK there have been "Anime hero highschool" animes (though only one for Females that had ALL the female anime archtypes)...

But no Super Hero Highschool? So many things you can do with that concept.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #44886 on: February 27, 2014, 08:15:56 pm »

I know there are people out there (clearly) who would disagree, but what is good about this fascination with adding everything to high school? Why is high school worthwhile to talk about? It would be like "ok it's a normal IT company - except everyone is a superhero!" or "it's a regular hotel - except everyone is a supernatural monster!"

I get that high school is a time of prodigious discovery about the self and a foundry for personalities, but it gets old. Recently came across a Netflix thing where it's a normal high school but everyone's a vampire. WTF? Then we have that forum game about dating girls who attend a high school for the disabled.

So we've got a setting everyone can relate to, where there are weird pressures and people can get away with casual violence and intimidation and forming ridiculous cliques without consequences, and everyone has to be there so it's like prison. Why haven't we seen a prison drama - except everyone is a Frankenstein's Monster?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #44887 on: February 27, 2014, 08:19:17 pm »

Why haven't we seen a prison drama - except everyone is a Frankenstein's Monster?
Because you are the visionary. It's you. Make it happen. Make your fortune.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #44888 on: February 27, 2014, 08:20:36 pm »

It's a normal CSI department - except everyone is a good actor and the boss never asks anyone to enhance shit!

They would never make it.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44889 on: February 27, 2014, 08:23:34 pm »

It's a normal CSI department, except everyone speaks in a strange language composed entirely of enhancing videos and donning/doffing sunglasses.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44890 on: February 27, 2014, 08:26:18 pm »

It's a normal CSI department, except everyone speaks in a strange language composed entirely of enhancing videos and donning/doffing sunglasses.
The best part of that would be when they take it to court.

"Is this the murder weapon?"
"YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!"
"Why are you putting on sunglasses, I don't- get those away from me, I don't need- sit back down or I'll hold you in contempt!"

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44891 on: February 27, 2014, 08:29:23 pm »

I know there are people out there (clearly) who would disagree, but what is good about this fascination with adding everything to high school? Why is high school worthwhile to talk about? It would be like "ok it's a normal IT company - except everyone is a superhero!" or "it's a regular hotel - except everyone is a supernatural monster!"

I get that high school is a time of prodigious discovery about the self and a foundry for personalities, but it gets old. Recently came across a Netflix thing where it's a normal high school but everyone's a vampire. WTF? Then we have that forum game about dating girls who attend a high school for the disabled.

So we've got a setting everyone can relate to, where there are weird pressures and people can get away with casual violence and intimidation and forming ridiculous cliques without consequences, and everyone has to be there so it's like prison. Why haven't we seen a prison drama - except everyone is a Frankenstein's Monster?

It is because nothing replaces a highschool in terms of the elements one can bring forth from it. (I don't think a business is going to have a football club for example)

A setting where people are learning about themselves, others, and their abilities as well. Not to mention highschool really is just one big test for characters and abilities. As well strength of character actually means something with younger protagonists versus adults who are not expected to have character.

I DO hate the "stereotypical highschool" setting and many highschool plots. So Yeah I understand why you hate it, and frankly if I thought it would be like how you are envisioning it... I'd hate it too. They are so busy trying to fulfill the nonsense highschool tropes that have LONG since been retired in real life rather then trying to work with the setting.

It is why I added the "good" to it. Since I already seen the "Monster highschool" show of horrificness... the "musical highschool" of suckyness... and the "fashion highschool" of OHH MY GAWD what are they thinking? (though it had ONE episode I loved... and coincidently it BARELY involved our heroes)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 08:33:57 pm by Neonivek »

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #44892 on: February 27, 2014, 08:43:12 pm »

What about a normal everyday pirate ship - except everyone is secretly an NSA agent?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #44893 on: February 27, 2014, 08:47:31 pm »

This has turned into the provide an anime twist thread.

It's a normal zoo - only ANIMALS tend to HUMANS?!

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44894 on: February 27, 2014, 08:48:37 pm »

I'd actually watch a series about a hotel manager who has to put up with all sorts of supernatural customers. Like, just this average joe looking all bored as some monster goes over a list of things he can't be near/come in contact with/ingest. And other, more interesting shenanigans. :u
Pages: 1 ... 2991 2992 [2993] 2994 2995 ... 10974