Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3005 3006 [3007] 3008 3009 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13170978 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #45090 on: March 03, 2014, 01:34:12 pm »

I need to weigh myself properly once. Problem is, while my parents have a weighing thing (?), it's some weird electronic device that returns your blood sugar level and other random stuff after weighing.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45091 on: March 03, 2014, 01:36:17 pm »

I'm short, but I'm also 97kg. I'm not all muscle, but I can throw around 136+kg people pretty easily.
I can throw around 136+kg people pretty easily.
136+kg people
Do you secretly live among a herd of wildebeest or something?
No. My sparring partners are just huge. One of my sparring partners is 6'4", 345lbs, and the other (the metal drummer) is 6'3", 315. When I joined a Muay Thai gym in New York, the resident "big guy" (6'1", 225lbs) challenged me to an MMA-rules sparring match. He was not happy when I flipped him up over my head from a waistlock.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #45092 on: March 03, 2014, 01:49:10 pm »

184cm, 62kg. Miauw, if you only weighed 50kg at that height, you'd be extremely unhealthy. I'm nearly skeletally thin at this ratio.

Everyone except MZ and Vector is tall. This is strange.
I'm not sure, Arx, but I'm also 14 years old. I'm fairly sure that I eat enough.
If you think you eat enough, and you're not dead, you're almost certainly healthy, no matter what the statistics tell you. Especially if you're a teenager.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #45093 on: March 03, 2014, 01:49:25 pm »

Croatian national TV has this annoyingly bombastic dubstep piece as an intro for every report on Ukraine.

Why?????
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45094 on: March 03, 2014, 01:56:16 pm »

You guys are so damn tall. I'm not even 170cm.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45095 on: March 03, 2014, 02:04:14 pm »

Being a 180 cm rectangular slab of 100 kgs of meat (I quite like the neatness of being bang on 100kgs) and fat has never felt so good large.
This is a blank sig.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #45096 on: March 03, 2014, 02:30:08 pm »

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45097 on: March 03, 2014, 02:50:31 pm »

Damn MZ is tiny...
199 cm/79 kg, by the way.
199 cm, really?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #45098 on: March 03, 2014, 03:05:17 pm »

I know a guy who's 210. Like, since he was 15.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #45099 on: March 03, 2014, 03:07:29 pm »

Frankly, I don't see how anybody could even survive being taller than 6'3'' or so. I'm about 6'0'' and it gets really inconvenient at times, if I were any taller I would just start to not fit due to being too far outside the standard deviation, like a healthy version of being morbidly obese.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #45100 on: March 03, 2014, 03:22:02 pm »

A lot of tall people develop a kind of "hunch", keeping the head lower and back bent. A necessity when most the people you talk to are below you (throwing off the hunch is a good was of asserting yourself with a single gesture of body language). I'm only 6''1 so it's not as much of an issue for me (9st exact for the curious, so ~57kg. Yeah, skinny bugger I know. BMI of 16.7, not that this is the most reliable measure of healthiness).
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 03:29:08 pm by MorleyDev »

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45101 on: March 03, 2014, 05:03:50 pm »

Yeah, my BMI says that I am morbidly obese... oh, wiat, thats kind of accurate. *shrugs*
This is a blank sig.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45102 on: March 03, 2014, 05:33:21 pm »

I was musing on the Elder Scrolls criminal justice system when it hit me: you can get off of with murder for a relatively small thousand Septims or a short prison sentence. Yet in Morrowind and Oblivion, you are a prisoner, while at the beginning of Skyrim you are actually about to be executed.

So what heinous crimes could the Elder Scrolls PCs have committed before each game?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #45103 on: March 03, 2014, 05:37:03 pm »

I think it's more that they committed those crimes in the main part of the country where you get punished heavier for the same crimes. Or that the PC was banished / imprisoned as an unjustly large punishment for a small crime, possibly a political exile and/or punishment for banging a politician's wife.

Perhaps it's similar to that phenomenon where (and someone will link a TVT page) you fight a boss and he's tough but when you beat him he joins your party and he's super weak now for no reason. Your PC stole a sweetroll and got exiled to Morrowind, but after that a dozen murders most foul can be paid off with the earnings from one daedric loot drop and a trip to Creeper Merchant.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45104 on: March 03, 2014, 05:41:08 pm »

I imagine that my Redguard character in Skyrim got convicted of horse riding while black (HRWB).
Pages: 1 ... 3005 3006 [3007] 3008 3009 ... 10983