Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3009 3010 [3011] 3012 3013 ... 10981

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13151326 times)

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #45150 on: March 04, 2014, 03:43:27 am »

I had this overwhelming urge to do something, but i can't remember what it was. And i still have the urge to do whatever it is despite not remembering.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #45151 on: March 04, 2014, 04:06:09 am »

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #45152 on: March 04, 2014, 05:51:38 am »

And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Yeah, I'm going to have to sig this.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45153 on: March 04, 2014, 06:20:43 am »

Clearly it is magical unicorn-pressed orange juice, free of evil pesticides and chemicals like citric acid and water.

Or liquid caviar.

I honestly wondered if a unicorn's power would purify juice into becoming pure water or if it would just purify the orange juice from any pest or toxin in it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45155 on: March 04, 2014, 10:12:12 am »

Correlation != causation.

Animal rights and gay marriage are two completely separate issues. The only reason there's a correlation is because conservatives and liberals tend to think differently on both issues. There's absolutely no reason conservatives couldn't be pro animal rights instead, except maybe a general lack of empathy.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45156 on: March 04, 2014, 10:14:29 am »

Animal rights and gay marriage are two completely separate issues. The only reason there's a correlation is because conservatives and liberals tend to think differently on both issues. There's absolutely no reason conservatives couldn't be pro animal rights instead, except maybe a general lack of empathy.

Eh.

I was making a joke considering both things are 'condemned' in Leviticus(?) and decided 'Hey, let's try to be humorous.'

Apologies if I have offended at all. I prefer not to have that happen :(

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45157 on: March 04, 2014, 10:16:23 am »

Ah, no offense taken :) I just get tired of hearing that "argument" pop up in gay marriage debates.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45158 on: March 04, 2014, 10:26:58 am »

Apologies if I have offended at all. I prefer not to have that happen :(
I'm offended that you're catering to those who are offended by such comments. 

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45159 on: March 04, 2014, 10:30:07 am »

I was wtfing more at the price. Where would it cost $48 for a thing of juice?!
It's obviously organic, fair-trade, gluten-free orange juice that was not tested on animals.  And on sale.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45160 on: March 04, 2014, 10:30:36 am »

I am offended that you assumed i was offended, apologize now so that i can be offended by you apologizing.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #45161 on: March 04, 2014, 10:46:48 am »

*awkward cough*
Seriously, as the token Conservative here, I've given up on not being offended. I luv ya guys anyway.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45162 on: March 04, 2014, 10:50:00 am »

You can (in 'Murrica) get good steak for $1/oz.
You can get good steak for half that, too.
That's true. It all depends on where you shop and where your "good" cutoff is. I meant either "decent in an expensive store" or "great at a cheap store" or anywhere in between.
Steak ounces are different from juice ounces though.
Also true. I don't care.

Re: SSM and bestiality, in Michigan there is both a constitutional SSM ban (although it is being challenged in court at this very moment) and bestiality is a felony. One that can get you life in prison, apparently. Wow, that's a little harsh, especially given that the maximum for raping a human is nowhere near that.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #45163 on: March 04, 2014, 02:27:31 pm »

Researchers revive virus.

I guess someone changed the definitions of some words while I wasn't looking?

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #45164 on: March 04, 2014, 03:15:49 pm »

Atheist grad student in the Classics department is wondering why Ray Comfort hasn't been assassinated yet. Such euphoric.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.
Pages: 1 ... 3009 3010 [3011] 3012 3013 ... 10981