Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3049 3050 [3051] 3052 3053 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13202538 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #45750 on: March 15, 2014, 03:59:57 pm »

My uncle's a corrections officer. If it didn't originate as that, it was certainly used as it by the mid 90s.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #45751 on: March 15, 2014, 05:19:24 pm »

It's a myth. And not a very good one either, since its popularity is pretty obviously "lol oblivious hood rats acting gay".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #45752 on: March 15, 2014, 06:52:14 pm »

I've done the shoes thing before with friends. Literally its just a thing. No meaning, at least for us. We just kept throwing them because we were bored and my friend wanted to try it. Took a while but we got it up there. I think we tried whipping them (like bolas I guess?) a few times but of course it didn't work. Then we put rocks in them and threw them both together, and we had more success with that.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45753 on: March 15, 2014, 08:30:12 pm »

Nowadays, the "shoes on the wire" has become mainly an aspect of "gangsta" culture, completely devoid of the original meaning, much like baggy pants (which originated as a declaration of sexual availability in prisons).
The baggy pants thing always sounded like a homophobic myth/lie, using a (perhaps perceived) dislike of gays to get baggy-panted people to stop doing that thing you don't like.

Edit: Like what MSH said.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45754 on: March 15, 2014, 08:45:21 pm »

It's a myth. And not a very good one either, since its popularity is pretty obviously "lol oblivious hood rats acting gay".
So this is a pretty cool site... Turns out out many rumors are verifiably true. Anyway yea, that rumor always rang of "Don't do this because it is the homo! You don't want to catch the homo do you?"

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45755 on: March 15, 2014, 10:08:37 pm »

Apparently my brother had the mental astuteness to realise that 24,000 is 4/5ths of 30,000 while drunk.

This is someone who I've known to stand there squinting for a minute before giving up and getting a calculator when asked simple arithmetic questions.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45756 on: March 15, 2014, 11:06:15 pm »

Get him drunk before any major math exams. He'll ace them then wake up later with the pencil in his pants.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #45757 on: March 15, 2014, 11:10:39 pm »

Currently playing HoI Darkest Hour Kaiserreich mod.

Playing as China thinking that it would be hard to unite it. North is controlled by Japan, south is control by a German puppet state and the west is the other warlords.

Japan lost it's colonies in the ensuring anti-Japan rebellion and Northern territories requested to join me. One of the entrenched warlords in the west joined via event without much fuss. The German puppet state joined after threatening them with war and I also got German tech teams.

So one of the hardest nations to play suddenly became a world power in 2 years all without firing a single shot.

On the bright side, CommunistSyndicalist America is across the pond and if Germany loses to France the China will save the day possibly as a constitutional monarchy.

Alt-history is weird like that.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45758 on: March 16, 2014, 10:29:14 am »

It was either here or the terrified thread.
I don't even know. I don't think I WANT to know.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #45759 on: March 16, 2014, 10:34:12 am »

Has anyone else noticed how the guitar is disappearing from modern music? I have noticed, and I disapprove.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45760 on: March 16, 2014, 10:43:12 am »

Can't watch it from a tablet. What's it about?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45761 on: March 16, 2014, 10:48:41 am »

Can't watch it from a tablet. What's it about?
Vinny from Vinesauce playing a very weird "game". I'm not sure if it was single-player with very good scripting or multi-player with very strange people.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #45762 on: March 16, 2014, 10:51:01 am »

Has anyone else noticed how the guitar is disappearing from modern music? I have noticed, and I disapprove.

Not necessarily disappearing, but in maaaaany cases it's pushed to the corner, like bass guitar was in rock bands. Karma, I guess.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #45763 on: March 16, 2014, 10:59:06 am »

... sounds good to me. Could use some more variety. Guitar's nice and all, but it's kinda' stodgy if you don't have someone incredibly good playing on it. It's no accordion. Other stuff's more versatile on average, basically, and that makes for more interesting -- dynamic, too -- music.

May the brass section reign supreme in the coming era. Or other string instruments (C'moooon fiddle!). Woodwinds. Percussion. Anything, really. I've had enough non-classical guitar, m'self. Not sick of it, per se, but it's been a while since I looked forward to hearing guitar. And if we're turning away from it, hopefully to the more interesting stuff... all the better. Might actually turn on the radio one of these days.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #45764 on: March 16, 2014, 11:01:33 am »

Currently, the female music section is percussion or DRAMATIC PIANO plus singing, and the male section is WUBWUBWUB plus singing.

The thing about these instruments is that there has to be singing constantly for them to work.

This means no epic instrumental solos.
Pages: 1 ... 3049 3050 [3051] 3052 3053 ... 10984