Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3116 3117 [3118] 3119 3120 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13167906 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #46755 on: April 03, 2014, 02:04:41 pm »

*would read that*
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46756 on: April 03, 2014, 02:08:16 pm »

It is. As is A Song for Lya, Sandkings, Hunter's Run, and Storms of Windhaven. ASoIaF is not the only thing the GRR of M has ever written. Or are you talking about the cover?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #46757 on: April 03, 2014, 02:12:25 pm »

Yeah, the cover. Although it being written by a famous author does make it but funnier.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46758 on: April 03, 2014, 03:07:43 pm »

Yeah, the cover. Although it being written by a famous author does make it but funnier.
I heard it's not bad, though I never got around to reading it. It's sci-fi, though. ASoIaF was rather...uncharacteristic of Martin.

My WTF for today, also ASoIaF-related. So I've recently come to realize that I respect Varys. Not like, but respect, in comparison to most other characters. He is determined, clever, never needlessly brutal, and actually seems to care about the welfare of the state rather than some pissing contest. And I never noticed that before. He now competes with Jaime for a spot on my people-I-don't-want-to-see-dead list. Knowing Martin's telepathic powers, that probably means he'll croak in the next book, but who cares.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #46759 on: April 03, 2014, 03:09:48 pm »

Nah, Varys isn't going to die in the next book unless the Others totally overtake King's Landing and he
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
or something awesome like that.
Or it could be that he'll never die because Martin just won't finish the book. How long we been waiting for this one?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46760 on: April 03, 2014, 03:13:06 pm »

Nah, Varys isn't going to die in the next book unless the Others totally overtake King's Landing and he
or something awesome like that.
Or it could be that he'll never die because Martin just won't finish the book. How long we been waiting for this one?
Two years, as far as I remember. But as Neil Gaiman has so empathically stated, George Martin is not our bitch. Sadly.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46761 on: April 03, 2014, 03:17:27 pm »

No wait it's three; DWD came out in 2011.
Ah well, hopefully the bloat won't cause him to extend the septilogy even further (looking at you, entire Martell family).
Sig! Onol

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46762 on: April 03, 2014, 03:27:18 pm »

No wait it's three; DWD came out in 2011.
Ah well, hopefully the bloat won't cause him to extend the septilogy even further (looking at you, entire Martell family).
Also looking at you, Arryn bannermen.

Oh. I can now predict the future. You know that theory that Jon is actually the child of Lyanna Stark and Prince Rhaegar? Sound, yes? And GRRM needs another Targaryen anyway. So when the next book comes out, he will be like:

- Yes, my dear fans, you were right. He is a Targaryen. OR RATHER HE WAS BECAUSE I KILLED HIM NOW SO IT DOESN'T MATTER PFPFGPFPGPPF

I mean, he probably planned to keep him alive despite the events of the last book, but now he will have to murder him out of spite to avoid being predictable. I think that the Others are actually an author personification: relentless, merciless, coming to murder everything anyone holds dear because of their [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] tag, which Martin shares.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46763 on: April 03, 2014, 03:29:56 pm »

I kinda actually want Jon to
Sig! Onol

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #46764 on: April 03, 2014, 03:33:21 pm »

Actual WTF: Tumblr~

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46766 on: April 03, 2014, 03:40:44 pm »

I kinda actually want Jon to
Well, I don't care too much for him either. Wouldn't mind if he survived, but he is not dear to my heart. Him being kawaii and from the eighties does weigh the scale in his favor, though.

Hey, does anybody remember if he plays a musical instrument? So far he has covered Sex and Drugs(milk of the poppy counts). Where's the Rock&Roll?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #46767 on: April 03, 2014, 03:49:11 pm »

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46768 on: April 03, 2014, 03:49:53 pm »

Actual WTF: Tumblr~
After spending some time trying to come up with something to say about that, and failing, I will just say: huh?
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46769 on: April 03, 2014, 04:50:56 pm »

My cat peed on my homework today. It was due today. That thing should have never adopted me... But I still love her.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 3116 3117 [3118] 3119 3120 ... 10983