Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3218 3219 [3220] 3221 3222 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13200269 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #48285 on: April 30, 2014, 04:38:22 pm »

It ran on my old peice of shit with a 64mb video card at least somewhat. But that thing also got 60fps on stalker: SoC somehow. Apparently the blue sun mod or whatever is around on steam beta too.

Well, I can run stuff like UFO: Aftermath pretty well, but this one looks like it has actual lighting effects and what-not...
I might grab the bundle of it and the other one anyhow once I get paid. Or I might forget completely, who knows.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #48286 on: April 30, 2014, 04:42:06 pm »

So my friend went to Belgium for a science conference. Brought me craptons of chocolate and stuff, and also a question.

Is it true that Belgium has 50 Shades of Grey on the cirriculum for literature class, or is somebody pulling my leg? Please don't hate me, I am clueless.

What Avis asks actually worries me too. No, really?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #48287 on: April 30, 2014, 04:43:12 pm »

I remember the devs of 7.62 were pretty cool guys too. When demoniod was still around they were talking with people about the game on the comments for one of the larger torrents of it on there. They seemed happy to just be getting some more exposure.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48288 on: April 30, 2014, 04:45:45 pm »

I remember the devs of 7.62 were pretty cool guys too. When demoniod was still around they were talking with people about the game on the comments for one of the larger torrents of it on there. They seemed happy to just be getting some more exposure.
I have 7.62 on some indiegala bundle I bought forever ago. Is it actually worth playing?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #48289 on: April 30, 2014, 04:48:37 pm »

I personally liked what I played. Though it's kinda clunky, has a weird translation and it's immensely unforgiving. You might wanna give it a try but try and keep an open mind given it's a game made by a small team with almost no budget, with quite a lot of ambition given the way things are modeled and designed.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #48290 on: April 30, 2014, 04:54:03 pm »

It can be. On the Pro side: It is the most detailed and complex small-unit infantry combat simulator on the civilian market, with nearly every actual infantry tactic possible in real life possible in the game, an extremely diverse and mostly-accurate (Russian calibers such as 7.62x54mmr and especially 7.62x25mm Tokarev are noticeably more powerful than their real life equivalents, but not to the point of ridiculousness) weaponry catalog, and a unit getting shot (unless they have armor (which, of course, is extremely realistically modeled) that beats the incoming round) really, really sucks.

On the Con side: It is the most detailed and complex small-unit infantry combat simulator on the civilian market, with nearly every actual infantry tactic possible in real life possible in the game, an extremely diverse and mostly-accurate (Russian calibers such as 7.62x54mmr and especially 7.62x25mm Tokarev are noticeably more powerful than their real life equivalents, but not to the point of ridiculousness) weaponry catalog, and a unit getting shot (unless they have armor (which, of course, is extremely realistically modeled) that beats the incoming round) really, really sucks.

It is a question of how much that appeals to you.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #48291 on: April 30, 2014, 04:55:27 pm »

Kadokawa buying From Software
Uhh... Do you have a news article or something I can read about this?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielnyegriffiths/2014/04/28/dark-souls-studio-from-software-acquired-by-manga-giant-kadokawa/
Solaire-kun, please be gentle~
*suddenly realizes*

pleasedontcancelArmoredCorepleasedontcancelArmoredCorepleasedontcancelArmoredCore
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 05:00:26 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48292 on: April 30, 2014, 04:56:44 pm »

It can be. On the Pro side: It is the most detailed and complex small-unit infantry combat simulator on the civilian market, with nearly every actual infantry tactic possible in real life possible in the game, an extremely diverse and mostly-accurate (Russian calibers such as 7.62x54mmr and especially 7.62x25mm Tokarev are noticeably more powerful than their real life equivalents, but not to the point of ridiculousness) weaponry catalog, and a unit getting shot (unless they have armor (which, of course, is extremely realistically modeled) that beats the incoming round) really, really sucks.

On the Con side: It is the most detailed and complex small-unit infantry combat simulator on the civilian market, with nearly every actual infantry tactic possible in real life possible in the game, an extremely diverse and mostly-accurate (Russian calibers such as 7.62x54mmr and especially 7.62x25mm Tokarev are noticeably more powerful than their real life equivalents, but not to the point of ridiculousness) weaponry catalog, and a unit getting shot (unless they have armor (which, of course, is extremely realistically modeled) that beats the incoming round) really, really sucks.

It is a question of how much that appeals to you.

That seems like an excellent review. You should chuck that up on the game's Steam page.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #48293 on: April 30, 2014, 05:17:00 pm »

Kadokawa buying From Software
Uhh... Do you have a news article or something I can read about this?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielnyegriffiths/2014/04/28/dark-souls-studio-from-software-acquired-by-manga-giant-kadokawa/
Solaire-kun, please be gentle~
*suddenly realizes*

pleasedontcancelArmoredCorepleasedontcancelArmoredCorepleasedontcancelArmoredCore

Oh wait really? So...

Now Dark Souls and Kancolle are connected very loosely. I don't know why this makes me happy.

I wonder if we'll see an official moe version of Solaire. ... Naahhh. Moe-moe solaire would be freaking adorable though >>

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48294 on: April 30, 2014, 05:39:15 pm »

The only proper Solaire is Solaire-senpai, the dependable upperclassman. Solaire-sensei also works as the quirky teacher.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48295 on: April 30, 2014, 05:49:58 pm »

Computer was being especially slow, so I closed my browser and the couple-of-dozen tabs I had open, and my physical memory usage dropped from around 80% to under 30%. :o I miss the good old days when I just used a couple of separate windows, and scoffed at those silly tabbed browsers.
Booze is Life for Yoink

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48296 on: April 30, 2014, 06:07:42 pm »

Found out that a guy I know is in an extremely abusive relationship, and is not doing anything to get away from it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48297 on: April 30, 2014, 06:10:24 pm »

Found out that a guy I know is in an extremely abusive relationship, and is not doing anything to get away from it.
This is more sad than WTF, given how sadly common it is.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48298 on: April 30, 2014, 06:19:33 pm »

The only proper Solaire is Solaire-senpai, the dependable upperclassman. Solaire-sensei also works as the quirky teacher.

Emotions can be incredibly stupid things.
He'll get over it one day, hopefully.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #48299 on: April 30, 2014, 06:23:22 pm »

Sadly I always find myself avoiding Solaire most of the time in the original...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 3218 3219 [3220] 3221 3222 ... 10984