Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3251 3252 [3253] 3254 3255 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999498 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #48780 on: May 06, 2014, 04:55:27 am »

You know you've been on the internet too early in the morning after waking up when the first thing you end up finding is this...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think I'm just going to... Go back to bed or something XD

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48781 on: May 06, 2014, 05:46:04 am »

You know you've been on the internet too early in the morning after waking up when the first thing you end up finding is this...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think I'm just going to... Go back to bed or something XD

That should not be as amazing as it is.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #48782 on: May 06, 2014, 07:28:20 am »

As far as tattoos go, I tend to associate large, gaudy tattoos with people who get them just because they are unusual, like guys who's earlobes contain what appear to be radial tires.
Minor tattoos, like a quote or a symbol or somethin', are generally because it's something important to the tattooee. My chem teacher has a line of Morse code tattooed around her wrist that's the first line of her favorite song.
I've also heard that getting tattoos increases your risk of skin cancer, but I'm not sure about it.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #48783 on: May 06, 2014, 07:34:13 am »

That sounds a lot like the sort of semi-believable thing people say to make you not do things they don't like.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #48784 on: May 06, 2014, 07:39:16 am »

Some googling indicates that nobody seems to have ever found any link between increased risk of skin cancer among people who get tattoos.

The only risk seems to be that tattoos can cover over moles, changes in which could be used to predict and treat cancer early.

And now I should really do some actual work.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48785 on: May 06, 2014, 07:44:22 am »

My mom just got back from a business trip that she left for two days ago. I distinctly remember not sleeping and that happening yesterday. How much time have I lost?
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48786 on: May 06, 2014, 08:15:09 am »

As far as tattoos go, I tend to associate large, gaudy tattoos with people who get them just because they are unusual, like guys who's earlobes contain what appear to be radial tires.
Minor tattoos, like a quote or a symbol or somethin', are generally because it's something important to the tattooee. My chem teacher has a line of Morse code tattooed around her wrist that's the first line of her favorite song.
I've also heard that getting tattoos increases your risk of skin cancer, but I'm not sure about it.

I have a large tattoo on my back of Janus, with my first and middle name under the two faces, happy and sad. It covers my entire left shoulder blade. I wouldn't call it a minor tattoo, but I got it because it represents something important to me. I had it left uncolored because I prefer black-on-skin tattoos myself, so it isn't exactly gaudy. Plus I'm almost always wearing a shirt and both of my tattoos are fully covered by a t-shirt.

And I sincerely doubt it increases your risk of skin cancer anymore than getting a papercut might. I kind of want to get those magnetic fingertip implants now...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48787 on: May 06, 2014, 09:21:31 am »

Yesterday was the wierdest day I've had in a while.

For starters, my politics thread died in a fire and then one of the guys who ignitied it, Gogis, committed account suicide by asking for a permanent ban.

Then, we've got about a metre of snow. In May.

And finally, somebody stole by bike lock. Not the bicycle itself - that's perfectly safe, the lock itself. He even replaced with a cord so that my bike wouldn't fall over.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #48788 on: May 06, 2014, 09:22:57 am »

That was polite of him. Let it never be said that Russians are inconsiderate! Perhaps he was heading to the inner city and needed it more than you?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #48789 on: May 06, 2014, 09:45:56 am »

Yesterday was the wierdest day I've had in a while.

For starters, my politics thread died in a fire and then one of the guys who ignitied it, Gogis, committed account suicide by asking for a permanent ban.

Then, we've got about a metre of snow. In May.

And finally, somebody stole by bike lock. Not the bicycle itself - that's perfectly safe, the lock itself. He even replaced with a cord so that my bike wouldn't fall over.

The snow thing isn't THAT weird, I remember the same thing happened here two-three years ago. I remember as one night I looked out of the window and see that I actually cannot see out of the window, because it is a roof window and is currently under a thick layer of snow, and so is ERRYTHING.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #48790 on: May 06, 2014, 09:48:04 am »

It continually amazes me how easily I can fast-talk the librarian at my school into giving me a pass, and explaining away what I'm actually doing.
*Watching KSP videos
"Oh... Um... This is a tutorial video for a physics simulator. It's recorded by the famous Scottish astrophysicist Scott Manley. I'm learning about orbital physics."
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48791 on: May 06, 2014, 10:38:53 am »

But...that's an entirely true statement.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #48792 on: May 06, 2014, 11:11:09 am »

>But...that's an entirely true statement.
Exactly. I'm practicing my fast-talking and bluffing, and as a challenge I limit myself to the truth (more or less). Protip: almost anything on the internet counts as "researching for Web Design class".

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #48793 on: May 06, 2014, 11:14:43 am »

What about Bay12? :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48794 on: May 06, 2014, 11:15:34 am »

What about Bay12? :P
You know how many programmers and such are here? Heck, you can research pretty much anything just by asking a B12er. One of us is bound to know.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 3251 3252 [3253] 3254 3255 ... 10974