Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3369 3370 [3371] 3372 3373 ... 10979

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13133823 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #50550 on: June 01, 2014, 05:28:28 pm »

In principle, yes. 1984 however was written with a clear purpose in mind.

For anyone looking for reading material: Orwell's collected letters, essays, journalism etc. make for a great read. His prose is so clear!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50551 on: June 01, 2014, 05:41:03 pm »

Went shopping with my mom again. I really should stop doing that. I mostly get brought along to read things for my mom, since she doesn't like her glasses.

25 Check-out lanes, but only three were open, and the lines were massive.

There was a woman using a baby stroller as a shopping cart, with the baby underneath the groceries.

We got to the deli section, and my mom said "this is the deli section" and began to explain what a deli section is in the same tone you would use to read a book to a child, as if I'm still five or something.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50552 on: June 01, 2014, 05:44:38 pm »

...Are you sure you live in a normal area, or is your hometown getting aligned to the strange and madness-filled plane of existence known as 'Florida'?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50553 on: June 01, 2014, 05:48:30 pm »

I'm not in the 'states, so I'm fairly certain I'm not in Florida.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50554 on: June 01, 2014, 05:50:04 pm »

I was making a joke that your hometown seems rather Florida-like from what you've mentioned in this thread so far. >_>

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50555 on: June 01, 2014, 05:53:19 pm »

I'm not good with jokes.

Plus I've lived in a few towns, and I go to college in the next city over, so it's not just my current town that's screwy.

I also forgot to mention my mom asking me who was the cashier at the gas-station when we went to fuel the car earlier.

She has issues with a female attendant there because the attendant is "too much like a guy". As in she wears "boy clothes" and has a "boy haircut", when "only boys should wear boy clothes or have boy haircuts, and only girls should wear girl clothes and have girl haircuts."
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 06:15:05 pm by BlackFlyme »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50556 on: June 01, 2014, 06:30:55 pm »

She has issues with a female attendant there because the attendant is "too much like a guy". As in she wears "boy clothes" and has a "boy haircut", when "only boys should wear boy clothes or have boy haircuts, and only girls should wear girl clothes and have girl haircuts."
Is she six years old?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #50557 on: June 01, 2014, 06:33:56 pm »

Hi,

I've been gone for a bit.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 10:00:51 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50558 on: June 01, 2014, 06:34:14 pm »

I'm not good with jokes.

Plus I've lived in a few towns, and I go to college in the next city over, so it's not just my current town that's screwy.

I also forgot to mention my mom asking me who was the cashier at the gas-station when we went to fuel the car earlier.

I'd confuse the hell out of her. Long, straight hair that garners compliments from women and a scruffy goatee? Madness.

Edit: Wow, holy shit, Truean. Good to hear that you're personally okay, but just...damn. *shakes head* I don't even know what to say. If it were easy to transfer bar association, licensure, etc (I know it isn't,) to another place, I'd just say to get the hell out of that shithole, but damn.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 06:39:18 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #50559 on: June 01, 2014, 06:49:27 pm »

Yeah, holy shit. Welcome back, at least.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #50560 on: June 01, 2014, 06:51:32 pm »

Why... why don't you want to be quoted?

Do you want this to never resurface or something?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50561 on: June 01, 2014, 07:07:53 pm »

« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 07:29:39 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50562 on: June 01, 2014, 07:17:29 pm »

I actually looked you up just an hour ago, Truean. Good to see you again - and I hope you'll get back on your feet.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #50563 on: June 01, 2014, 07:27:12 pm »

I don't mean to sound overly negative or uncaring, but if you're going to put stuff online in such a way that you're worried about it sticking around you might want to police what you put online more than just say you don't want this quoted. Google scans this forum with it's various robot things so like it or not that stuff is becoming searchable and stored somewhere else.

What I mostly mean to say is if you don't want it repeated somewhere, don't say it. At least not in such detail that someone with close up familiarity with the situation you described would immediately know who you actually are.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50564 on: June 01, 2014, 07:38:36 pm »

Holy fuck. I kind of expected that you'd be back with an interesting story someday, but....holy fuck. Good to have you back.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 3369 3370 [3371] 3372 3373 ... 10979