Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3370 3371 [3372] 3373 3374 ... 10979

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13119990 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #50565 on: June 01, 2014, 07:40:25 pm »

Truean, just wow. Glad to hear that you're safe though.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #50566 on: June 01, 2014, 07:57:02 pm »

Ἰησοῦς ὁ οἴφων χριστός. I was scared something had happened to you, too, and, well...

Wow. Great to see you again, at least, though perhaps in different circumstances...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50567 on: June 01, 2014, 07:57:57 pm »

Truean, from someone that just joined a little under three months ago to someone that appears to be well known and well liked. hello!

Nice to meet you! And that story sounds like it'd be a pain to live through. Interesting though.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #50568 on: June 01, 2014, 08:25:03 pm »

Well... s'good to see you're still kickin' True, even if life's been kicking back pretty hard. Can't really think of anything in particular to say to that apparently rolling clusterfuck you've gone through, but welcome back.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50569 on: June 01, 2014, 08:32:27 pm »

That sucks Truean you were one of the people who kind of gave me hope that not everyone was an idiot when it came to lawyers. That people needed to understand that Lawyers are essential for the system and who they chose to defend or prosecute is no indication of how scummy they are.

But that story you told me pretty much tells me that... Yes people are STILL morons when it comes to lawyers and several of them are in a position where they should be issuing justice.

You were one of the last people this should have happened to, people should be throwing you parties... not treating you like this in a juvenile us against them attitude.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #50570 on: June 01, 2014, 08:37:26 pm »

Ouh, Truean, that sounds real rough. I couldn't possibly describe how bad that situation sounds, so I'll go with the understatement in the hope that'll get the point across.

Good luck. It sounds like you need it.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50571 on: June 01, 2014, 09:45:17 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
5. maf.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50572 on: June 01, 2014, 10:03:59 pm »

IG: That's the kind of silly thing that can happen with random setups that aren't quite balanced fully. Not that random setups are bad, though - I've seen some really fun ones.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50573 on: June 01, 2014, 10:06:59 pm »

Welcome back True!  Don't worry if you don't remember me, I'm mostly a lurker, but I noticed your disappearance.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
5. maf.
Wait so mafia is an actual game?  I thought it was just a forum based thing.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #50574 on: June 01, 2014, 10:16:08 pm »

Vector [hugs vector] :) Awww thank you hon, I missed you a whole big bunch. We will have to talk soon to say the least. :)

Owlga, it's cool. I'm very aware of e discovery. Look at the post again.... Not quoted; not there. Honestly, this should be everybody's policy of controlling your own content. Quoting doesn't help anybody under most circumstances like this. I do very much appreciate your concern though, truly. Spiders (google scanbots) are a pain.

Editing away is our last bastion of free thought and expression, and if anybody thinks that I'm wrong:  http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/02/us/facebook-post-costs-father/index.html

I've seen clients get convicted criminally on an internet post that they scream and bitch is "private." [sigh]

Neonivek Agreed, and thank you. Ideally, I would still like to introduce my patented process for providing legal representation. Unfortunately there are legal and "ethical" (rules governing lawyers), as well as practical and regulatory hurdles. Law should never be considered a business, because in business the customer is always right. In law, the customer is often wrong, which is why they keep getting arrested, etc. Like any crop, justice requires the right soil to grow and be tended by those supported by doing so. My system would largely fix that, but I would need additional insurance license certificates (as it could be considered "risk pooling") as well as a change in the rules of professional conduct to allow it as an approved method of reasonable fees under rule 1.5.

People are often morons, in general, and lawyers are no exception to this. The price of liberty is eternal vigilance.

This is relevant at all, because attorneys need to be supported financially in a way that doesn't invite corruption and abuse of power and rewards instead of punishes those who report it.

Imperfect world; we do the best we can.

Et al Thank you for the welcome back. I do appreciate it. I was alone for quite some time and in a sense I still am. It's good to have people around.
Thank you and I look forward to being here again.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 10:20:18 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50575 on: June 01, 2014, 10:45:10 pm »

truean is alive

* LordSlowpoke shoots confetti all over the thread

i have nothing better to say beyond i'm not cleaning that up

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #50576 on: June 01, 2014, 11:17:09 pm »

I was still lurking when you were around, but welcome back Truean!
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #50577 on: June 01, 2014, 11:23:37 pm »

I was still lurking when you were around, but welcome back Truean!

This, pretty much. I don't know what you're going through, but good luck all the same.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #50578 on: June 01, 2014, 11:26:25 pm »

I missed the story, but I'm glad to have you back and glad that (judging from context) things are getting better from what sounds like a holy fuck-awful situation. If I've correctly assessed that, I hope they keep doing that.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50579 on: June 01, 2014, 11:30:35 pm »

I don't know anything about Truean, except that he is evidently a lawyer who hates the legal system but wants it fixed, and got himself into some kind of trouble for it?

How accurate was that?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.
Pages: 1 ... 3370 3371 [3372] 3373 3374 ... 10979