Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3445 3446 [3447] 3448 3449 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13178971 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #51690 on: June 16, 2014, 03:52:25 pm »

Hearthstone Dreamhack finals for 10k$

One of the players get's a fucking PM on livestream about his opponent's hand. (and wins)

Admins decide not to DQ him or make them redo the match.

Wat.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 03:55:34 pm by Dutchling »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51691 on: June 16, 2014, 03:54:52 pm »

CS Dreamhack:

Me: "I've got 45 minutes to watch as much of this as possible, I hope it doesn't start late."

*it's been 30-35 minutes since when they said it would start.*
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #51692 on: June 16, 2014, 04:13:50 pm »

Hearthstone Dreamhack finals for 10k$

One of the players get's a fucking PM on livestream about his opponent's hand. (and wins)

Admins decide not to DQ him or make them redo the match.

Wat.

From what I've read.

1) Short of accidentally conceding, he would have won the match anyway.

2) It was beyond his control, there's no method of blocking private messages via the Battle.net client.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #51693 on: June 16, 2014, 04:24:14 pm »

1) Short of accidentally conceding, he would have won the match anyway.
Not really. Alexstraza could have either hit Amaz (gamble) or himself (safe play). However, if Amaz would not have Flare it's a safe "gamble" to go offensive.
Knowing Amaz had two useless cards instead of the Flare is fairly vital in this particular case. This depends on what he would have done without that knowledge, of course.

I mean, it's likely he would have won anyway, but it was not a won game.

I assume he has asshole friends who wanted him to DQ, and I also assume that he would indeed have won the game regardless of the messages, but they were playing in the finals for 10k (well 5k, since the losers gets 5k anyway), so there really is no excuse not to do a rematch.

edit: On the turn Amaz draws Leeroy Jenkins two of RDU's friends message "hi mom". Again, probably troll friends, but definitely not kosher.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 04:32:46 pm by Dutchling »

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51694 on: June 16, 2014, 04:38:25 pm »

this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51695 on: June 16, 2014, 05:36:02 pm »

So...

I'm sitting here in the library, and this guy I've never seen before walks up to me and says "This may sound weird, but are you Cheese?"

After a somewhat lengthy discussion, I've now learned that I am apparently a local legend, from the people I used to play Super Smash Bros with telling people about how good Cheese was at playing that game.
It seems that now the people who go down into the basement to play on the library's Wii system have been passing down the legends of Cheese, and about how there is a curse if you use the name Cheese when playing, and that one guy did and they haven't heard from him since.
The guy who told me all this said that it's crazy to know that I actually exist, and that according to what my old friends said, I went off to "live in the mountains."
He was very surprised when I told him I live across the street.

...This is the second time in my life I've been recognized by someone I don't know, and now I have a curse associated with me.
It's creepy.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51696 on: June 16, 2014, 05:38:04 pm »

Children, listen closely. Gather round the nintendo Wii, as I tell you...

The Curse of Cheese!
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51697 on: June 16, 2014, 05:41:25 pm »

The annoying thing is that they have it down in the teen department, and since I'm 21, I can't go down there to play it anymore.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #51698 on: June 16, 2014, 05:50:26 pm »

So...

I'm sitting here in the library, and this guy I've never seen before walks up to me and says "This may sound weird, but are you Cheese?"

After a somewhat lengthy discussion, I've now learned that I am apparently a local legend, from the people I used to play Super Smash Bros with telling people about how good Cheese was at playing that game.
It seems that now the people who go down into the basement to play on the library's Wii system have been passing down the legends of Cheese, and about how there is a curse if you use the name Cheese when playing, and that one guy did and they haven't heard from him since.
The guy who told me all this said that it's crazy to know that I actually exist, and that according to what my old friends said, I went off to "live in the mountains."

...This is the second time in my life I've been recognized by someone I don't know, and now I have a curse associated with me.
It's creepy.
This is the single funniest thing I have ever read in my entire life. It's like an Anon story.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51699 on: June 16, 2014, 05:54:26 pm »

-snip-
This is the single funniest thing I have ever read in my entire life. It's like an Anon story.
10/10, would read greentext again.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51700 on: June 16, 2014, 06:16:05 pm »

From now on if anyone asks you "Are you cheese?" You have to get a far off look and say "No. No I've never known anyone by that name."
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51701 on: June 16, 2014, 06:17:17 pm »

So...

It's creepy.
You are now the stuff of urban legends. What do you intend to do with your new-found power?

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51702 on: June 16, 2014, 06:19:25 pm »

It was me! I was the turkey all along!

Cheese, just tell them you are the Cheese. They will listen.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #51703 on: June 16, 2014, 06:31:42 pm »

So...

It's creepy.
You are now the stuff of urban legends. What do you intend to do with your new-found power?
wow o-o

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #51704 on: June 16, 2014, 06:35:22 pm »

Somewhat tempted to post that to the wider internet in order to make it into an actual thing. However, I won't.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 3445 3446 [3447] 3448 3449 ... 10983