Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3506 3507 [3508] 3509 3510 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13184798 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #52605 on: June 27, 2014, 07:41:19 pm »

... Ayn Rand?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #52606 on: June 27, 2014, 07:42:08 pm »

Wheel of Time.

Edit:  You know, Rand the character from that book series
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52607 on: June 27, 2014, 07:42:32 pm »

... So Ayn Rand.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #52608 on: June 27, 2014, 07:43:06 pm »

I'll accept it because that would be better than the actual Wheel of Time series.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #52610 on: June 27, 2014, 07:54:41 pm »

So that's what it would look like in real life, huh.

Shame anime isn't reality in that case, you'd probably be able to solve all water problems just by bringing a few asians into the neighborhood. Assuming they don't dry out and die within a few seconds of starting that, anyway.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52611 on: June 27, 2014, 07:58:19 pm »

So that's what it would look like in real life, huh.

Shame anime isn't reality in that case, you'd probably be able to solve all water problems just by bringing a few asians into the neighborhood. Assuming they don't dry out and die within a few seconds of starting that, anyway.
Asian tearducts:  Actually portals to alternate, water-filled dimensions.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #52612 on: June 27, 2014, 07:59:45 pm »

I thought the lower boards were rouge separatists who seceded from the dorfs of the upper board, while the middle boards were some sort of Balkanized compromise between the two
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52613 on: June 27, 2014, 08:05:36 pm »

I thought the lower boards were rouge separatists who seceded from the dorfs of the upper board, while the middle boards were some sort of Balkanized compromise between the two
There's a lot of truth to the statement, even if it isn't entirely true. On the bottom boards dorfs usually only pop up in internal memes, the odd forum game, or people putting dorf-related things in the feeling threads (e.g. RRRAGE at dorfs dying, happy at something you made in DF, WTF at how much time Toady puts into making it).

"Other games", apparently, was originally conceived as a place for B12's pre-DF, non-Curses, non-Armok games, but good luck finding any of that now. Most of the DF presence there is in comparing other indie roguelikes/building games to DF.

Curses was made to cover B12 games - in reality, LCS and all that other stuff - so it was nominally linked to DF. Then LCS became pretty much exclusively JSF's project, and now I think it's basically being crowd-dev'd.

And the original Slaves to Armok hasn't had a post since 2010, though in theory it is DF-related.

EDIT: Just realized the acronyms going on in here: WTF, B12, DF, LCS, JSF

EDIT EDIT: But anyway, there are plenty of people who are just here for the lower-board community and not DF. Full disclosure: I, personally, haven't played DF for months now and haven't even reinstalled it since the computer's memory ded'd.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 08:08:31 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52614 on: June 27, 2014, 08:14:46 pm »

Armok board hasn't had a post since 2010 because Toady closed the entire board then.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52615 on: June 27, 2014, 08:16:09 pm »

Armok board hasn't had a post since 2010 because Toady closed the entire board then.
Right, because it was no longer relevant, basically.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #52616 on: June 27, 2014, 08:27:03 pm »

Actually, if anyone cried irl like they would in anime, the world will flood....
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52617 on: June 27, 2014, 08:41:31 pm »

If anime emotions in general were real, the skies would be blacked out with vein-pop symbols.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52618 on: June 27, 2014, 08:43:05 pm »

Yeah, I visit this forum more for the conversations (and now RTD's so that I don't have to be a dirty lurker), than because these forums have anything to do with Dwarf Fortress, although obviously I was brought here in the first place because I love dwarf fortress.
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52619 on: June 27, 2014, 08:50:47 pm »

Today/Tomorrow* is the centennial of the assassination of Franz Ferdinand. This is just a history fact that I have taken it upon myself to remind people of. Obviously I couldn't put something about someone dying in the "happy" thread.

*Depending on where you live - here it's still tomorrow, but in the Eastern hemisphere, including Bosnia, it's today.
Pages: 1 ... 3506 3507 [3508] 3509 3510 ... 10983