Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3512 3513 [3514] 3515 3516 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13171633 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #52695 on: June 28, 2014, 11:16:56 pm »

all windows is same

it just runs more or less shit, but in the end, it's all the same damn thing

you could probably install 98 and get away with it after severe registry modifications to make it "modern"
Win 98 is running a hybrid DOS kernel while newer windows run NT kernel. Very different things.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52696 on: June 28, 2014, 11:23:19 pm »

It's entirely possible to install all versions of windows over the top of each other and retain some settings between them. I wonder whether that ends up with exceptions being made for older code, but I know nothing about programming.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #52697 on: June 29, 2014, 12:37:03 am »

I am getting really invested in Power Rangers for some reason. Also, the villains are really pragmatic for being in a kid's show.

Blue ranger: "Give that back, now!"
Bad guy: "Nope lol" (shoots them all, runs away)
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #52698 on: June 29, 2014, 12:40:51 am »

I am getting really invested in Power Rangers for some reason. Also, the villains are really pragmatic for being in a kid's show.

Ivan Ooze = best villian
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #52699 on: June 29, 2014, 01:02:34 am »

Ivan Ooze = best villian

I've been watching Lost Galaxy, I've only seen a bit of the original. Need to start that.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52700 on: June 29, 2014, 01:21:37 am »

Ivan Ooze = best villian
You mean the guy who busted into the heroes' base and killed their leader/adviser?

I never saw the movie but I had a comic book that covered it :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #52701 on: June 29, 2014, 01:28:30 am »

Fun fact: I have watched one season of the show that Power Rangers took its footage from, and it had an onscreen bodycount higher than every other TV show I've ever watched, combined.  In the first episode.  At least if you count the alien mooks as people.  It is literally the most violent TV show I've watched.

Its this piece of Japanese entertainment in case anyone's curious.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #52702 on: June 29, 2014, 02:12:29 am »

Fun fact: I have watched one season of the show that Power Rangers took its footage from, and it had an onscreen bodycount higher than every other TV show I've ever watched, combined.  In the first episode.  At least if you count the alien mooks as people.  It is literally the most violent TV show I've watched.

Its this piece of Japanese entertainment in case anyone's curious.

I knew there was Super Sentai before there was Power Rangers but nobody told me it was fucking awesome. It's like anime but with all the stupid parts cut out. I am glad you linked that, you are a scholar and a gentleman :D

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52703 on: June 29, 2014, 02:28:15 am »

Greiger, just a friendly heads up.  Windows 8 is basically Satan incarnate.  It's really not worth a damn.  I've worked with a couple of them, trying to repair them, and my mother owns one.  Stick with 7 if you have it.

(You might've been saved by those weird proprietary Windows installations.)

Windows 8.1 is not bad at all. I'm building a new computer soon and I would get it if it weren't more expensive than the graphics card.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52704 on: June 29, 2014, 02:59:35 am »

Oh maaaan, Power Rangers!
I loved that show so much as a kid, thanks for reminding me of it. Even back then I could smell the cheesiness just wafting out of my TV, and that's exactly what makes it great. I had the movie with the Ooze guy on VHS, pretty sure it's still in storage somewhere. I remember it actually scaring my young self, somehow!
Also, it's great to see that the newer versions of Power Rangers (from what little I've watched of them, anyway) stay true to the camp over-the-topness of it all. I have a hankerin' to watch some, now.

* Yoink piles layers of nostalgia over himself like a warm blanket, lying back happily in his seat.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #52705 on: June 29, 2014, 03:23:16 am »

Greiger, just a friendly heads up.  Windows 8 is basically Satan incarnate.  It's really not worth a damn.  I've worked with a couple of them, trying to repair them, and my mother owns one.  Stick with 7 if you have it.

(You might've been saved by those weird proprietary Windows installations.)

Windows 8.1 is not bad at all. I'm building a new computer soon and I would get it if it weren't more expensive than the graphics card.
Before I owned windows 8.1 I thought it wasn't so bad either.

But it's shit

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #52706 on: June 29, 2014, 03:26:19 am »

Windows 8(.1) was an upgrade from Vista, at least, if someone still had that... like I did :P

I've installed classic shell and messed with it a bit and actually like it now (at least, when I don't run into weird shit and stay the hell away from any metro programs).
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52707 on: June 29, 2014, 03:58:48 am »

Windows 8(.1) was an upgrade from Vista, at least, if someone still had that... like I did :P

I've installed classic shell and messed with it a bit and actually like it now (at least, when I don't run into weird shit and stay the hell away from any metro programs).
Does it fix the Start menu being shit?
._.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52708 on: June 29, 2014, 04:41:06 am »

Windows 8.1 was designed for tablets and phones, not for computers. That's my main beef with it.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52709 on: June 29, 2014, 07:33:10 am »

Windows 8.1 was designed for tablets and phones, not for computers. That's my main beef with it.
why did they design a windows for tablets they have an android for it

why
._.
Pages: 1 ... 3512 3513 [3514] 3515 3516 ... 10983