Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3514 3515 [3516] 3517 3518 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13177363 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #52725 on: June 29, 2014, 11:36:36 am »

i am reasonably sure an island of 450 people in the late 60s should not consume about as much power as modern iceland

this shit skewed
Maybe they were an island of mad scientists?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52726 on: June 29, 2014, 11:59:33 am »

Moral of the story, shoot anyone who:
  • Gives religious tracts.
  • Claims they are Jesus.
  • Sports an exposed boner while doing either of the above just shoot regardless goddamnit.

If it's the real Jesus, he'll just respawn three days later.
He's Hispanic. His name's Jesús. That's the Spanish form of Joshua, and it's pronounced hey-SOOS (or rather, [xeˈsus], if'n you know the IPA).

The joke is literally playing on the fact that the two names are so similar.
I thought he was black, or at least some indeterminate brown.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52727 on: June 29, 2014, 02:13:15 pm »

Fun fact: I have watched one season of the show that Power Rangers took its footage from, and it had an onscreen bodycount higher than every other TV show I've ever watched, combined.  In the first episode.  At least if you count the alien mooks as people.  It is literally the most violent TV show I've watched.

Its this piece of Japanese entertainment in case anyone's curious.

I knew there was Super Sentai before there was Power Rangers but nobody told me it was fucking awesome. It's like anime but with all the stupid parts cut out. I am glad you linked that, you are a scholar and a gentleman :D

You should watch Kamen Rider, which is Super Sentai's (very) slightly more mature cousin. It is a glorious mix of straight-faced goofiness and over-the-top awesomeness with often surprisingly dark plots where anyone can die. Only in Japan do you get live action children's shows that simultaneously explore the themes of "contemplating suicide to protect the ones you love" and "cutting gigantic CG dragons in half with plastic swords while on fire".

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52728 on: June 29, 2014, 03:09:04 pm »

I was just fed pork.

I havent had pork in a few years, but it has a distinct texture, even when masked by spice and with other meat.

:[  I addressed the source, and she shrugged.  After we got a translator.  :[ :[

I guess there isn't much to do except curse the gods that be.  Or stick a spoon down my throat.

---

Now
Im off to watch 10 year olds perform 'Peter Pan'  The lead is a friends niece, and the play cost over 9000 dollars to put on for one day.  >.<  Churches and their monies.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #52729 on: June 29, 2014, 05:44:53 pm »

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/23/us-student-rescued-giant-vagina-sculpture-germany

To be honest, the wtf is that it's not happened sooner.

Also love the last quote:

"The mayor of Tübingen told the Süddeutsche Zeitung newspaper that he struggled to imagine how the accident could have happened, "even when considering the most extreme adolescent fantasies. To reward such a masterly achievement with the use of 22 firefighters almost pains my soul."
Can't believe no-one came up with this retort yet:
Spoiler:  Clever Retort (click to show/hide)
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #52730 on: June 29, 2014, 05:52:19 pm »

Its so funny to me that that was an American exchange student (and yes, I'm from America).
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52731 on: June 29, 2014, 06:14:00 pm »

Its so funny to me that that was an American exchange student (and yes, I'm from America).
Well, to be fair, the thing is literally a tourist trap.
According to the original article (in German), the city wanted to put it into a more prominent place, along with a phallus sculpture, to attract tourists...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52732 on: June 29, 2014, 08:03:23 pm »

Some of the comments on that article are frigging gold.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #52733 on: June 29, 2014, 08:45:30 pm »

Today I was watching TV for the first time in a long time: the band U2 was in concert or something. Bono from U2 was up there slowly clapping his hands over the top of his head saying, "Every time. I clap my hands. A child in Africa dies...."

All I could do was scream at the TV, "STOP CLAPPING YOUR HANDS YOU BASTARD!"
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52734 on: June 29, 2014, 08:48:54 pm »

I think that belongs in the Terrible Jokes thread :V
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52735 on: June 29, 2014, 08:49:20 pm »

Sadly it's entirely true.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 08:51:02 pm by Truean »

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52736 on: June 29, 2014, 08:53:14 pm »

I swear I heard that from a stand-up act on Just for Laughs, though. o-o Some Brit feller.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52737 on: June 29, 2014, 08:54:48 pm »

I swear I heard that from a stand-up act on Just for Laughs, though. o-o Some Brit feller.
It's an old joke.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52738 on: June 29, 2014, 09:08:52 pm »

I told you it was true. :P

Please don't quote me.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52739 on: June 29, 2014, 09:15:44 pm »

... Er... What part of what I said makes you think I was saying anything either way about truth or not? :?
Pages: 1 ... 3514 3515 [3516] 3517 3518 ... 10983