Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3520 3521 [3522] 3523 3524 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13187013 times)

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #52815 on: July 01, 2014, 12:31:14 am »

A bat flew into the cabin, made a few laps around my head, and flew up into the rafters. I can't find it now.
D:

I hope you can find it and get it safely outside. Bats are lovely animals but they can also be rabies hazards if they're in your house.

Whatever you do please don't hit it with a tennis racket. For some reason people have a thing with bats and tennis rackets.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #52816 on: July 01, 2014, 12:40:59 am »

I have no intention of hitting the thing with anything. Or grabbing it with my bare hands. Im just hoping it snuck out when nobody was looking so it doesn't crap all over our clothes.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52817 on: July 01, 2014, 01:11:49 am »

On the whole dying thing...

Eh.

I'd find some way -as long as it wasn't a sudden apocalypse or some other tragic thing- to get the fact I died out to at least most of my steam friends.

Past that...

Actual WTF!

New Vegas.

Why are you being difficult in troubleshooting :c

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52818 on: July 01, 2014, 01:15:07 am »

New Vegas is really glitchy sometimes, it likes to crash with no reason!*  Have you added all of the anti-stutter/anti-crash mods that are out there?  They seem to help quite a bit actually.

*Reasons may include excessive mod-size or poor original programming.  If symptoms last for more than four hours, consider seeing a doctor.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52819 on: July 01, 2014, 01:19:46 am »

New Vegas is really glitchy sometimes, it likes to crash with no reason!*  Have you added all of the anti-stutter/anti-crash mods that are out there?  They seem to help quite a bit actually.

*Reasons may include excessive mod-size or poor original programming.  If symptoms last for more than four hours, consider seeing a doctor.

Oooooooh no.

I link you to this post.

Fun time figuring out what mod is causing this.

No easy way to install, check, and uninstall because I swear to god it was working before I started using 4 Gigabyte new vegas :c

* Iceblaster realizes that may be why, but pushes it aside in an arrogant way.

I'll figure it out eventually XD

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52820 on: July 01, 2014, 01:22:28 am »

If you've got NVSE lurking around still you can simply open it that way and see if you can at least press the new game button that way.  If not, hey it's a mod and not 4GB!

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52821 on: July 01, 2014, 01:22:54 am »

Ugh, yeah. I've thought of playing through New Vegas a few times in the past, but after playing for a short while and crashing it really puts a dampener on the idea.

Personally I put it up to a mod I use which adds a tunnel to the Capital Wasteland in New Vegas but even without that, "Fallout 3" and "Fallout: New Vegas" were really prone to crashing.

I'd try and narrow down the problem. What is effected, which mod would most likely fiddle with that aspect. Texture packs and models don't tend to fiddle with coding, graphical updates may for new things like lens flare or the like. Does a mod add new background images to the main menu, etc etc.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52822 on: July 01, 2014, 01:29:29 am »

Eh.

The only things that could possibly have affected it would be onehud or Mod configuration menu, but besides that I have no clue.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52823 on: July 01, 2014, 01:29:55 am »

Personally I put it up to a mod I use which adds a tunnel to the Capital Wasteland in New Vegas but even without that, "Fallout 3" and "Fallout: New Vegas" were really prone to crashing.

That's the Tale of Two Wastelands thing, right?  And yeah I think both games had issue purging already used RAM in time, which was what the 4GBNV thing was for.  Or that LAA program that comes along with the Masterwork DF mod.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52824 on: July 01, 2014, 01:34:37 am »

@Iceblaster: Does the Mod Configuration Menu modify the starting menu? Maybe the icons ended up being misaligned, but I've never used that mod so I'm only guessing here.

@Karkov: I believe so, well... possibly. I used it for the completely frivolous reason I wanted to get some clothing from a "Fallout 3" mod into New Vegas, so in my infinite wisdom I went the FAR EASIER method of joining both games together, rather than using the construction kit to import them.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52825 on: July 01, 2014, 01:38:05 am »

It doesn't modify the main menu.

If there's a way to export load order or something I can paste it here for you guys to troubleshoot it for me :P

I'd go make a post about it on an actual fallout type forum, buuuut there was only one other person who had the problem.

They haven't resolved it yet.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52826 on: July 01, 2014, 01:45:56 am »

I don't know of a quick way to copy them, sadly.  Are you using the Nexus Mod Manager?  People really underestimate that thing for some reason.  Also, I don't think the OneHUD would do it.

... One last thing, is it a crash or you just can't press the New Game button?

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52827 on: July 01, 2014, 01:48:49 am »

I don't know of a quick way to copy them, sadly.  Are you using the Nexus Mod Manager?  People really underestimate that thing for some reason.  Also, I don't think the OneHUD would do it.

... One last thing, is it a crash or you just can't press the New Game button?

Number one is, no. I use Fallout Mod Manager :P

Anyways, number two is that I click yes after clicking new game...

Theeeen it sends me back like I clicked no.

I tried clicking no in a reverse psychology on the program. It failed and I got the same result.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52828 on: July 01, 2014, 01:54:04 am »

Is there a console command for starting a new game? Try that.
._.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52829 on: July 01, 2014, 01:57:27 am »

You could probably just deactivate/activate esm's/p's until it works.  Usually what I do. >_>  That's what I use that whole NMM thing for.
Pages: 1 ... 3520 3521 [3522] 3523 3524 ... 10983