Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3551 3552 [3553] 3554 3555 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13166675 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #53280 on: July 05, 2014, 05:38:46 pm »

Lost connection to my home wireless network for some reason, and when I tried to find it again one of the other possible wireless networks to connect to was "FBI Surveillance Van No. 5." I tried to see what it was, and I lost it.

0_o

Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #53281 on: July 05, 2014, 05:44:47 pm »

DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #53282 on: July 05, 2014, 05:45:34 pm »

I just watched an episode of The Amazing World of Gumball. It's good, it's got some really funny jokes. But the WTF factor comes in the form of the animation. I can't really describe it.

WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE

In all seriousness, Cartoon Network in general likes their screwy animation styles. There was this one show in particular a few years ago that I can't remember the name of where the characters' clothes were completely stationary designs in the background, but everything else moved on top, but everything else other than the clothes were also animated. Sort of like having holes cut out of the cartoon.

That said, the traditional-cartoon-over-3D-overlay of TAOG is comparatively standard.

Lost connection to my home wireless network for some reason, and when I tried to find it again one of the other possible wireless networks to connect to was "FBI Surveillance Van No. 5." I tried to see what it was, and I lost it.

0_o

O_o
o_O
O_O
o_o
._.
._o
0_0
0_O
o_.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53283 on: July 05, 2014, 05:49:11 pm »

If I want to utterly destroy a harddrive, I stuck it in my blender. It'll be dust in less then thirty seconds.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #53284 on: July 05, 2014, 05:50:12 pm »

We got a Jeep to replace our car which broke down and got towed. It has a cassette player. It's so damn old it has a cassette player and a lighter. It has been a long time since I have seen a car with a cassette player or a lighter.
... my car has a cassette player and lighter, too. I guess it's old*, but it's younger than me, so...

*'95 model. Not twenty yet!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #53285 on: July 05, 2014, 06:06:50 pm »

Speaking of Poe and TSJWs:
Check this out. Read further back, they get funnier.

I can feel my brain dying while reading this.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53286 on: July 05, 2014, 06:17:22 pm »

UGH! I want to play Enchant Arm soo much!

But I know it is a bad game.

For those who don't know Enchant arm is a game sold on the basis of creating your own creature from a selection of over a hundred! Sounds great right? Well forget it.

The game entirely negates its own premise by making the characters superior... so there is no reason to raise monsters.

I wish I had some better "lots of monsters to raise and fight for me" games... Monster Rancher is a dead series and Pokémon doesn't scratch the right itch.

Maybe I should just play more Dragon Quest Joker 2...
Shin Megami Tensei is pretty good.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #53287 on: July 05, 2014, 06:19:33 pm »

Neo is traumatized ever since he read through entire megathreads worth of argument between SMT fans and Persona fans and refuses to touch it because of that IIRC
It's FEF, not FEOF

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #53289 on: July 05, 2014, 06:33:02 pm »

Magic School Bus is being rebooted by Netflix!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 06:37:15 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53290 on: July 05, 2014, 06:33:37 pm »

I just wrote a whole essay on why those DoD hard-disk wiping protocols exist and are probably just a psy ops measure to deter other groups from using efficient data storage equipment, then realised no-one is going to read that shit. Still saved it to hard disk to cannibalise into useful posts later.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53291 on: July 05, 2014, 06:41:28 pm »

Magic School Bus is being rebooted by Netflix!
I used to love that show when I was a kid.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #53292 on: July 05, 2014, 06:42:27 pm »

0_o

Now I want to rename my network to something like that.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53293 on: July 05, 2014, 06:43:16 pm »

Neo is traumatized ever since he read through entire megathreads worth of argument between SMT fans and Persona fans and refuses to touch it because of that IIRC

Naw, I am over that. SMT is usually good, though I will say that to enjoy a few of them you really REALLY got to be masochistic or psychic.

One I played, for example, has probably one of the most introspective set ups for "The nature of man" I ever seen... and wastes it.

Though I like Nocturn even if it isn't a SMT title.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53294 on: July 05, 2014, 06:50:46 pm »

Neo[nivek]
Dammit, now every time I look at him I'm going to see the guy from the Matrix.
Pages: 1 ... 3551 3552 [3553] 3554 3555 ... 10983