Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3568 3569 [3570] 3571 3572 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13184176 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #53535 on: July 08, 2014, 08:09:15 pm »

Is Descanophrenia a real illness.
I... What?
WHY DO I SEE YOUR USERNAME EVERYWHERE
EVEN IRL

Soon, packages start arriving. They vibrate just for you.  Out pops Descan-in-a-box.

Later on Halloween, people dress up as Descan.

Apply for job? Descan.

Descan? Descan.
And finally, when you look into a mirror, Descan will be staring back at you.
Dammit, Descan, I asked you to get out of the mirrors.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #53536 on: July 08, 2014, 08:11:19 pm »

Well they are all just Pathos, so it makes sense they would all be Descan as well.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53537 on: July 08, 2014, 08:12:14 pm »

But then who was phone?

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #53538 on: July 08, 2014, 08:12:18 pm »

Is Descanophrenia a real illness.
I... What?
WHY DO I SEE YOUR USERNAME EVERYWHERE
EVEN IRL

Soon, packages start arriving. They vibrate just for you.  Out pops Descan-in-a-box.

Later on Halloween, people dress up as Descan.

Apply for job? Descan.

Descan? Descan.
And finally, when you look into a mirror, Descan will be staring back at you.
Dammit, Descan, I asked you to get out of the mirrors.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53539 on: July 08, 2014, 08:20:41 pm »

You want my butt, obviously. :v

@Israel: It's the genocide, not the escaping-from-Gaza-rockets, that people are pissed about. Don't turn it around and make Israel-the-country look like angels~

please would you kindly inform this artillery officer what genocide are you referring to? 

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #53540 on: July 08, 2014, 08:32:00 pm »

Matt.exe has crashed.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #53541 on: July 08, 2014, 09:30:30 pm »

You want my butt, obviously. :v

@Israel: It's the genocide, not the escaping-from-Gaza-rockets, that people are pissed about. Don't turn it around and make Israel-the-country look like angels~

please would you kindly inform this artillery officer what genocide are you referring to?
Yes, I would love to hear about it as well.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #53542 on: July 08, 2014, 09:37:26 pm »

Of course you wouldn't know about it. They got removed from existe

* Objective becomes an unperson.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53543 on: July 08, 2014, 09:42:18 pm »

The Palestinian one. The one where your government is settling the West Bank full of Israelis, and displacing the Palestinians from their homes, causing a big ol' refugee problem of 5 million displaced Palestinians?

Edit: Genocide, by the strict definition, perhaps not. Ethnic cleansing, though? Yeah.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 09:44:12 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #53544 on: July 08, 2014, 09:46:01 pm »

That isn't genocide. Genocide is massacring people so that they don't exist anymore. Ethnic Cleansing is the same thing.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53545 on: July 08, 2014, 09:49:05 pm »

Who cares what you call it, it's still why people are pissed at Israel. You could call it "delayed migration" or some bullshit term, and it'd still be a shitty thing to do. Genocide is a loaded term, and the stricter definitions need actual killing on a mass scale to apply, but ethnic cleansing does not necessarily mean extermination, just "cleaning" an area of "ethnics."
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #53546 on: July 08, 2014, 10:13:42 pm »

Let's see, there's the demolition of homes, extremely heavy-handed responses to protests, invasive checkpoints even outside Israeli territory, the fact that Israel is outside its UN mandated boundaries, the MASSIVE disparity in Palestinian and Israeli civilian casualties, the millions of displaced Palestinians, the fact that most Israeli settlements are built were Arab settlements used to be, the barely concealed policy of revenge killings for every Israeli who dies, the fact that Isreal wouldn't recognize any Palestinian government for decades...

Oh, and then there's siphoning 3 billion dollars per year out of my heavily indebted country and adding, by proxy, a whole new set of bloodstains to America's hands.

And yes, I understand that Israeli civilians get killed in terrorist attacks, and that the current government of Palestine is basically split between two terrorist groups of differing levels of extremity.  But if you act like Israelis are living in fear and the same isn't true for Palestinians you need a reality check.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #53547 on: July 08, 2014, 11:07:07 pm »

Uh, images aren't supposed to burn into LED monitors, are they?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #53548 on: July 08, 2014, 11:08:12 pm »

Not particularly.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53549 on: July 08, 2014, 11:10:33 pm »

Let's see, there's the demolition of homes, extremely heavy-handed responses to protests, invasive checkpoints even outside Israeli territory, the fact that Israel is outside its UN mandated boundaries, the MASSIVE disparity in Palestinian and Israeli civilian casualties, the millions of displaced Palestinians, the fact that most Israeli settlements are built were Arab settlements used to be, the barely concealed policy of revenge killings for every Israeli who dies, the fact that Isreal wouldn't recognize any Palestinian government for decades...

Oh, and then there's siphoning 3 billion dollars per year out of my heavily indebted country and adding, by proxy, a whole new set of bloodstains to America's hands.

And yes, I understand that Israeli civilians get killed in terrorist attacks, and that the current government of Palestine is basically split between two terrorist groups of differing levels of extremity.  But if you act like Israelis are living in fear and the same isn't true for Palestinians you need a reality check.

It's astonishing what the media covers and what it does not, but here's my penny if you will.
the question whether israel should have or shouldn't have existed in the first place is irrelevant, fact is we were an ethnic group that was in desperate need of a safe haven. going through the history of the legitimacy of an israeli state there were many yays and nays but fact of the matter is it was a majority yay, after which the ISR acting government wanted the co living nation idea to flourish.
and we were denied the very thought of the idea not because we didn't wish for it but because people (not all of them mind you) outflat refused to let us live in, the at the time, uninhabited regions that were bought from the Palestinians and were FYI actually owned by the British at the time (brits mandate history etc).
now i could continue on and on but i will not bore you so here's a map of how it could have been

as a left wing israeli i agree that treatment isn't always fair and some israelis are downright hateful and are so backwards in their minds that its frankly appalling (religious nutcases most of them who live outside the borders and hardly if ever join the army). with that being said as an Officer i've hardly ever witnessed an "invasive checkpoint" and when i'm held in command of one i will assure you no one is mistreated in any way because i'll boot that soldiers ass if he ever came close to harassing civilians and i pride myself as a highly moral person.
also i would like to added that ethnic cleansing is a retarded term for the situation we're in.
btw there are approximately 1mil arabs muslim\christian living in israel and they are content and some even join the army out of a sense of duty.

i've hardly got the time between army work and DF but if you'd like me to discuss further why the Hamas is the less moral of the two armies then i'd love to keep talking to you in private.   
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 11:15:03 pm by SharpKris »
Pages: 1 ... 3568 3569 [3570] 3571 3572 ... 10983