Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3576 3577 [3578] 3579 3580 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13170398 times)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #53655 on: July 09, 2014, 09:52:25 pm »

Which site, Tumblr or 4chan?

Spoiler: Relevant (click to show/hide)
We can't risk it. If someone forgets a condom, we're gonna end up with the absolute worst children ever.
We can't be sure what would happen from the contact of the fathers' misogyny and their mothers' misandry. They would either cancel out and make kids who like everyone regardless of gender, or mix together and create total misanthropes.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #53656 on: July 09, 2014, 09:56:18 pm »

We can't be sure what would happen from the contact of the fathers' misogyny and their mothers' misandry. They would either cancel out and make kids who like everyone regardless of gender, or mix together and create total misanthropes.
Mixing green and red together doesn't make black, it makes cancer.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #53657 on: July 09, 2014, 10:02:48 pm »

"And zat's how I lost my medical license."
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #53658 on: July 09, 2014, 10:04:07 pm »

There were talks (and pictures) of someone losing the use of their thumb after opening up their wrist and fooling around with the ulnaris tendon due to being "triggered" and having a "panic attack" due to not being addressed by the proper pronoun.

What in the fresh hell. I don't get squicked easily, but that made me cringe. They went and opened their own...and went and poked around in there...ick. That's insane.

On that note of proper terminology for races you brought up, "African American" doesn't really apply to...black people, for lack of a better term, who don't live in the US. You could say "African <insert country here>" I guess, but that's just getting pedantic. I'd think the nicest term would just be "black" so long as it's not spoken with any demeaning intentions. Of course, I'm hardly one to talk, since I ain't black.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53659 on: July 09, 2014, 10:05:56 pm »

I thought red and green made christmas.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #53660 on: July 09, 2014, 10:16:24 pm »

I don't know what all this verbal dancing is for around the word black? Just say it. Ya know, the way you'd say white?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53661 on: July 09, 2014, 10:17:48 pm »

There were talks (and pictures) of someone losing the use of their thumb after opening up their wrist and fooling around with the ulnaris tendon due to being "triggered" and having a "panic attack" due to not being addressed by the proper pronoun.

What in the fresh hell. I don't get squicked easily, but that made me cringe. They went and opened their own...and went and poked around in there...ick. That's insane.

On that note of proper terminology for races you brought up, "African American" doesn't really apply to...black people, for lack of a better term, who don't live in the US. You could say "African <insert country here>" I guess, but that's just getting pedantic. I'd think the nicest term would just be "black" so long as it's not spoken with any demeaning intentions. Of course, I'm hardly one to talk, since I ain't black.
Political Correctness 101:

At least where I live, everyone (white, black, and other) says "black" as an adjective in common speech, with "African-American" being more of a formality. However, to refer to a person as "[a/the] black" as a noun or to multiple people as "blacks" is still mildly offensive or at least rude, with "black [person/guy/man/woman]" being the accepted form.

To me it makes sense, mostly because it falls in with other things like not saying "the gays" which are more common sense. However, it should be noted that this rule does not apply to all minorities. For example, we say "an Asian [person/guy/man/woman]" but the common plural is "the Asians". Singular "Jew" and plural "Jews" are also acceptable, though there are a few people (generally not Jews themselves) who hold otherwise. "Jew" as an adjective is pretty much never acceptable.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #53662 on: July 09, 2014, 10:18:12 pm »

I don't know what all this verbal dancing is for around the word black? Just say it. Ya know, the way you'd say white?
OMSAGWABBQTRIGGERED
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53663 on: July 09, 2014, 10:18:16 pm »

You really should just ignore colour, unless it's relevant.

"Hey, blacky! Come 'ere." = not okay.

"Eh, you lookin' for Jim? He's the skinny black fellow talking to the red-haired white dude over there, can't miss him." = Okay.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53665 on: July 09, 2014, 10:21:30 pm »

Yes, bulging muscles, sharks, various other badassery... clearly the most accurate representation of 4chan.

Wonder who made those *eyeroll*
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53666 on: July 09, 2014, 10:23:06 pm »

I thought those pictures would go on forever. But nope, they ended. I was starting to wonder.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #53667 on: July 09, 2014, 10:23:20 pm »

Yes, bulging muscles, sharks, various other badassery... clearly the most accurate representation of 4chan.

Wonder who made those *eyeroll*
I'm guessing you missed a lot of the references

*EDIT, probably also doesn't help that basically every single self-deprecatory one that isn't hikkomori or neet would break forum rules. Ah well.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 10:26:33 pm by Loud Whispers »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53668 on: July 09, 2014, 10:28:46 pm »

All but the most obvious and self-explanatory, I'm sure.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 3576 3577 [3578] 3579 3580 ... 10983