Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3624 3625 [3626] 3627 3628 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13190389 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #54375 on: July 18, 2014, 11:10:06 am »

because it's yoink

yoink dreams of being a cunt

you're not a cunt, yoink

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54376 on: July 18, 2014, 11:13:07 am »

...oh

I'll just let myself out.
No no, you can stay. You identify with hat guy?
More with what MZ said about mostly keeping friends who make me feel smarter and better than everyone else.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #54377 on: July 18, 2014, 11:22:43 am »

I can see Black Hat guy having friends (If the XKCD conversation is still going), since he's a sociopath and they are depressingly good at getting friends. Plus he is also fairly smart about choosing targets to dick around with: occasionally he picks on someone who no-one likes in order to make everyone like him. What I'm wondering is why anyone hangs out with beret guy.

... Why does "carer" come to mind a lot? I mean, he's very very good at being weird, but I can picture him being the sort of guy who puts "catching pigeons with a net" over "eating and sleeping". He isn't mentally ill, really, he strikes me more as "extremely eccentric".

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #54378 on: July 18, 2014, 11:33:40 am »

The thing with Black Hat guy is he isn't actually that harsh to his friends. And when he is it usually come across as more 'I can't be arsed with this discussion' than actual put downs.

.....Then again it may just be that I am regularly compared to the guy that makes me give him more credit.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54379 on: July 18, 2014, 11:43:56 am »

Yeah, I am black hat guy. Even my closest and long term friends think I am a c**t.
This is a blank sig.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #54380 on: July 18, 2014, 11:45:18 am »

Beret guy would be fun to be around.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #54381 on: July 18, 2014, 11:49:50 am »

Yeah, I am black hat guy. Even my closest and long term friends think I am a c**t.
I prefer to refer to our type as 'amiable bastards.'

The kindness I show is proportional to the suffering displayed. This is capped depending on how much I like said person. It's a system that seems to work, without the burden of having to be nice to people all the time.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #54382 on: July 18, 2014, 12:03:17 pm »

Beret guy would be fun to be around.
Yeah, but he does have a tendency to never ever follow plans in favor of going to the bakery.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54383 on: July 18, 2014, 12:19:34 pm »

Windows wouldn't boot up this morning. It was working fine last night, but then today, it never reached the desktop. I tried running the repair programs, but most of them were locked out except the automatic one. It failed the first time, and I was concerned the computer just bricked for no discernable reason. Ran the program one more time and went to do something else. Came back and rebooted, and it works again.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #54384 on: July 18, 2014, 02:36:09 pm »

I can't decide if this belongs in the Sad, RAEG or WTF? thread.

Today we finished our week-long archery camp, and so my mom was there to take pictures.

Fast forward a bit, around the end when all the kids were gone, the coaches were having a chat and my mom was chatting too.

In between the conversation a few of them were shooting.

Now, a guy had come out to designate an area for re-sodding and so they had to quit for a bit. They sat down and when the man got to where the targets were sitting, [Snarky Coach] said that it was okay to shoot (obviously joking) and I replied with something along the lines of "[Coaches] can shoot, but [Best Coach] shouldn't [because he missed an arrow last end and wasn't shooting too accurately]." I thought that I was being fairly obvious with the fact that I was joking, but apparently not. My mom told me to not be rude and instead be respectful, and the conversation moved on.

So when we finally got back [to home], my mom basically told me to be less disrespectful and that I shouldn't "trash talk" people. My dad also told me that "you always just try to tear people down" and that I shouldn't be so rude to everyone with any authority. My mom agreed with this, and my dad agreed with her.

Apparently because I generally snark to my friends and often coaches/instructors, who are often the same people, it means that I don't have respect for them and that I'm a bully who tries to tear people down. At least, that's what I've gathered from it.

[sigh]

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54385 on: July 18, 2014, 02:37:29 pm »

I just pulled a muscle in my arm while getting out of bed. How.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #54386 on: July 18, 2014, 03:14:04 pm »

I'm always snarky, to the point where most of my family is desensitised to it and newcomers always look at me with a face that says, "What an arse."
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #54388 on: July 18, 2014, 05:06:11 pm »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #54389 on: July 18, 2014, 05:08:25 pm »

The rain didn't even last more than 20 seconds. Who the hell is summoning Cthulhu? I've got portentous thunderbolts and lightning raining down in a bombastic parade of noise and flashiness and not a single bit of rain.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/you-any-sleep-last-night-3877631

NO
THANKS FOR REMINDING ME

Thunderstorms set off the alarms at high security Broadmoor mental hospital last night, prompting fears the Yorkshire Ripper was on the loose
IT BEGINS
Pages: 1 ... 3624 3625 [3626] 3627 3628 ... 10984