Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3710 3711 [3712] 3713 3714 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13190059 times)

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #55665 on: August 04, 2014, 08:31:15 pm »

I make my five year old clean her own damn room. Her mess, not mine.

And? At 5, I didn't have any appreciation of cleanliness. Your 5yo probably has the same. Does she complain about the room being dirty? If not, why do you think she'll clean it on her own?
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55666 on: August 04, 2014, 09:30:00 pm »

And a cat just threw up down here. It threw up a mouse.

Not bits of a mouse, but an entire, mostly intact mouse. It apparently swallowed the thing whole.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #55667 on: August 04, 2014, 09:31:06 pm »

It's been many years since I was five, and I still don't clean my room.

And a cat just threw up down here. It threw up a mouse.

Not bits of a mouse, but an entire, mostly intact mouse. It apparently swallowed the thing whole.
???
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55668 on: August 04, 2014, 09:34:15 pm »

I'm fairly certain we have a bit of a rodent problem.

And sadly, my room is probably the cleanest of them. My sisters won't clean their rooms because one is a stereotypical back-talking teen and the youngest other is too easily distracted.

I really don't like the way my younger sister acts.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55669 on: August 04, 2014, 09:42:31 pm »

And? At 5, I didn't have any appreciation of cleanliness. Your 5yo probably has the same. Does she complain about the room being dirty? If not, why do you think she'll clean it on her own?
She absolutely complains about her room being dirty, which is when I tell her to clean it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #55670 on: August 04, 2014, 09:45:07 pm »

She absolutely complains about her room being dirty, which is when I tell her to clean it.
Add in the many possible consequences for toppings. Even try to project a possible attitude for emphasis. :P
They will either be curious, or they will be curious.

I doubt its a general thing for all 5 year olds :V
Appreciation is one of the concepts that is on a line of being taught.

You can easily just notice 'oh huh, dirt. Cleaning time.'
I'm curious however why it seems like there's a defensive tone there.
The 'And?', specifically.

My step-mother has been giving him non-stop shit for the past few months whenever he starts up, and it hasn't helped any.

He is easily paranoid and way too prone to stress to keep acting like he does.
Did you try a roundabout way of explanation? Like, 'Why would I get [this wound] anyway?'
The obvious answer would generally be lack of knowledge on preventing/handling it...which would lead to the obvious answer of personal hands-on work.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55671 on: August 04, 2014, 09:47:40 pm »

Add in the many possible consequences for toppings. Even try to project a possible attitude for emphasis. :P
I have to admit, I didn't understand a word of that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55672 on: August 04, 2014, 09:48:57 pm »

My step-mother has been giving him non-stop shit for the past few months whenever he starts up, and it hasn't helped any.

Did you try a roundabout way of explanation? Like, 'Why would I get [this wound] anyway?'
The obvious answer would generally be lack of knowledge on preventing/handling it...which would lead to the obvious answer of personal hands-on work.

Like I mentioned, he is very easily panicked. Trying to say that I have to learn eventually or that I'll be careful doesn't help, and it takes an all-out screaming match between him and my step-mother to get him to relent. If she wasn't around I'd never be able to learn anything new.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #55673 on: August 04, 2014, 09:56:02 pm »

Can't you just threaten him with a potato peeler or something? Seeing as they're so dangerous and all.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55674 on: August 04, 2014, 10:01:43 pm »

I think you need a new family.
You have all of the bad luck it seems, blackflyme.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55675 on: August 04, 2014, 10:05:02 pm »

I have to admit, I didn't understand a word of that.
She may ask why she should clean her room--poke at what would probably happen if she didn't bother.
Relate it to some concepts and values for emphasis. Development of being organized and appreciation for aesthetical hygiene.
Verbosity, too.

Like I mentioned, he is very easily panicked. Trying to say that I have to learn eventually or that I'll be careful doesn't help, and it takes an all-out screaming match between him and my step-mother to get him to relent. If she wasn't around I'd never be able to learn anything new.
Ask him to trust you? Prove it to him by doing those things yourself and show the results via...a well made dinner?  :-X
Goodness the panicky fear. :-[

...Maybe joke with him about it?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 10:08:05 pm by Tiruin »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55676 on: August 04, 2014, 10:17:58 pm »

I've made dinner a few times now. I don't really know what's up with him.

Hell, I work in a factory. That's probably more dangerous than cooking for a variety of reasons. Though he's not happy about where I work either.

He's paranoid to the point where I can't go to the washroom more than once an hour without him getting worried that there's something wrong.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #55677 on: August 04, 2014, 10:24:04 pm »

I think you need distance from your family.  Like, you need to be physically separated from them so that they can't know everything that you do.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55678 on: August 04, 2014, 10:32:02 pm »

Can't you just threaten him with a potato peeler or something? Seeing as they're so dangerous and all.
"I won't cut you, but I will peel the fuck out of you if you don't back off!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55679 on: August 04, 2014, 10:38:27 pm »

I think you need distance from your family.  Like, you need to be physically separated from them so that they can't know everything that you do.
Or shove evidence that you can do all these things without that needless construct of worry hampering everyone else in the face :-\
That also works.

"I won't cut you, but I will peel the fuck out of you if you don't back off!"
That's saying he's a potato! D:
Pages: 1 ... 3710 3711 [3712] 3713 3714 ... 10984