Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3827 3828 [3829] 3830 3831 ... 10981

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13151255 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #57420 on: September 01, 2014, 04:11:06 pm »

Because it's famous rich people.
They're not supposed to have problems like everyone else.
But... that makes zero sense in the context of celeb nudes. Those have been a thing more or less since the internet had pictures. Probably before that, with mailing information or something being transmitted by bulletin boards and whatnot. It's one of the problems they get along with the celebrity package.
A simple solution is to not take pictures of your naughty bits, or at least make sure you own the camera.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57421 on: September 01, 2014, 04:34:59 pm »

Because it's famous rich people.
They're not supposed to have problems like everyone else.
But... that makes zero sense in the context of celeb nudes. Those have been a thing more or less since the internet had pictures. Probably before that, with mailing information or something being transmitted by bulletin boards and whatnot. It's one of the problems they get along with the celebrity package.
A simple solution is to not take pictures of your naughty bits, or at least make sure you own the camera.
You expect common sense from celebrities people?
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #57422 on: September 01, 2014, 04:46:41 pm »

I have little trouble finding sympathy for the women in question. Tech is constantly evolving, and it is far from unreasonable that someone wouldn't realize that their phone would store pictures in a place that could be accessed externally. At least one of them has stated that she believd them to have been deleted long ago, which only increases the reasonability of not expecting it.

As for the level of shame, that would probably be just as bad if they regularly performed nude scenes, which I don't believe any of the actresses in question have ever done. These pictures were private, not intended for general consumption. While I must confess that I have some trouble understanding why most of them were taken in the first place (it seems odd that someone who stands in front of the camera for a living would get the same amusement out of it as someone who doesn't), but that's irrelevant. Given that any of them could quite easily make six or seven figures if they chose to pose for a magazine, and haven't done so (although doing so now would probably be a productive way of burying the leaked pics), they clearly don't want this sort of thing out there.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57423 on: September 01, 2014, 05:04:52 pm »

Quick question: What do you think would happen if the Pope called for a modern-day crusade against ISIS? To protect the local Christians and the holy sites, of course.

In all likelihood most Christians would ignore him, except for the extremists, and I'd like to think most would vote to de-Pope him (is that even a thing?) on grounds of flagrantly contradicting the religion.

Also it would make a lot of important people rage, yeah.
I don't really think you could say that crusades are contradictory to the beliefs of Catholicism, given historical precedent.
But yes there would be the problem that it's not really as concentrated as it was then. You don't exactly have Catholic countries in the same way.

Well one could say that Freedom and Democracy are contradictory to the beliefs of the USA, given historical precedent (or... current modern day >_>)

People will find any excuse to do anything even if given a codified reason not to.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #57424 on: September 01, 2014, 05:30:47 pm »

I'd condone a crusade against ISIS. They're killing thousands of people 'cause their god told them to. Not cool, guys. Not cool.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #57425 on: September 01, 2014, 05:31:01 pm »

I'd condone a crusade against ISIS. They're killing thousands of people 'cause their god told them to. Not cool, guys. Not cool.

Eh. What they're doing is pretty shit.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 05:35:25 pm by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #57426 on: September 01, 2014, 05:31:51 pm »

Yeah, a crusade would be killing thousands of people because a guy representing their god told them to!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57427 on: September 01, 2014, 05:32:37 pm »

Is that reaaaaally true? Because once again, excuse does not "God told me so" make.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57428 on: September 01, 2014, 05:36:42 pm »

I find little sympathy for people saying "they should have known better!"

:v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #57429 on: September 01, 2014, 05:39:31 pm »

The media reaction on fappening is hilarious.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Have you lot forgotten to put on your balaclavas?

I find little sympathy for people saying "they should have known better!" :v
Why's that? Sure you can say the hackers are wrong and violating peoples' privacy but it's like saying arsonists are bad, it generally goes without saying. On the other end of it all you can also caution people not to allow themselves to fall victim to such things, if you gave your money to that Nigerian Prince what else were you expecting?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #57430 on: September 01, 2014, 05:50:20 pm »

... is that backwards code? Really?

Also balaclava's going a little... far. I mean, I guess if that's your kink? But. Little weird, fellow internet goer. Who even owns ones like that, anyway?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #57431 on: September 01, 2014, 05:52:59 pm »

Due to the quirks of the libraries I'm using, all the colors I need to define for a thing are in BGRA format, for reasons beyond mortal comprehension.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #57432 on: September 01, 2014, 05:53:52 pm »

... is that backwards code? Really?

Also balaclava's going a little... far. I mean, I guess if that's your kink? But. Little weird, fellow internet goer. Who even owns ones like that, anyway?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also maybe Balaclava man is on to something, that man has the face of pure bliss on him.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #57433 on: September 01, 2014, 05:57:18 pm »

If by pure bliss you mean constipation... I guess. That's a line of thought I'd prefer not pursuing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57434 on: September 01, 2014, 05:58:57 pm »

I think balaclava man is a she.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.
Pages: 1 ... 3827 3828 [3829] 3830 3831 ... 10981