Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3828 3829 [3830] 3831 3832 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999955 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #57435 on: September 01, 2014, 06:00:49 pm »

I'd condone a crusade against ISIS. They're killing thousands of people 'cause their god told them to. Not cool, guys. Not cool.

Is that reaaaaally true? Because once again, excuse does not "God told me so" make.
Yeah, a crusade would be killing thousands of people because a guy representing their god told them to!
Err, guys? Islam doesn't preach that kind of stuff to do, at all.

It's their interpretation which leads to such trash happening. Believe me when I say this--its the pure, misinterpreted minority of those people who do it.

And yet its that minority which causes all the noise, leading many to believe the majority//all the people believe this.
Seriously--our country, though of mixed religion and such, knows this by heart. *looks at Mindanao >_>*

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #57436 on: September 01, 2014, 06:02:09 pm »

Yeah and Jesus didn't preach crusades but we all still hold Christianity up for em

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57437 on: September 01, 2014, 06:06:02 pm »

It really is inconvenient when people are judged by what they do, rather than what they say, isn't it?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57438 on: September 01, 2014, 06:10:50 pm »

It really is inconvenient when people are judged by what they do, rather than what they say, isn't it?

It is especially inconvenient when people are judged by what the previous members of their club have done, rather then what they have done, isn't it? :P

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #57439 on: September 01, 2014, 06:11:06 pm »

Wait a minute I said something in a discussion about religion
Dammit aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
* Xantalos flees
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #57440 on: September 01, 2014, 06:13:38 pm »

It's really inconvenient when people start judging each other

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57441 on: September 01, 2014, 06:15:52 pm »

The general level of inconvenience is too damn high!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57442 on: September 01, 2014, 06:25:04 pm »

The media reaction on fappening is hilarious.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Have you lot forgotten to put on your balaclavas?

I find little sympathy for people saying "they should have known better!" :v
Why's that? Sure you can say the hackers are wrong and violating peoples' privacy but it's like saying arsonists are bad, it generally goes without saying. On the other end of it all you can also caution people not to allow themselves to fall victim to such things, if you gave your money to that Nigerian Prince what else were you expecting?
Oh man this is too funny. To be honest the entertainment here isn't even in the pictures, it's in the reaction. If the guy who did it was really shitty he could declare it was a work of art and have it critiqued or something.
Also there was obviously no hacker, not from a tech company as big as Apple who is buddied up with the NSA. It had to be someone with access in the first place, either someone who's pretty high up in Apple or an employee who managed to get lazily secured passwords from one.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #57443 on: September 01, 2014, 07:04:15 pm »

RIP Mootles.
It really astounds me that after years of activity ranging from Oprah's 9000 pedobear penises to offshooting numerous SJW and hacker groups which have reached international news already there are still news organizations which haven't heard of 4chan before. The mirror honestly thinks uploading nudes is the biggest thing they've ever done. I'm actually academically interested in how divided the internet is as reading on tumblrs, reddits and news comments and news articles themselves as to perceptions of what 4chan is just get more and more hilarious. I'm going to go with the accepted theory that besides angsty 13 year olds, the accepted vitriol and shitposting is more than enough to deter everyone bar the insane or insanely bored from going to 4chan meaning its reputation has transcended its reality and has become mythical more than fact. They're an isolated community whose members partake in no rivals, how many sites exist like that? Truly a wtf topic to not think about.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #57444 on: September 01, 2014, 07:05:40 pm »

The media reaction on fappening is hilarious.
You're right, that article is hilarious.

Her spokesperson said: “The authorities have been contacted and will prosecute anyone who posts the stolen photos of Jennifer Lawrence."

Yet despite this warning, hackers on the 4Chan /b/ thread are STILL sharing photos of the star in various states of undress on the site.
Like, oh em gee, people on the internet aren't following the rules, what a shocker. Gee willy wollicking willickers.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57445 on: September 01, 2014, 07:09:14 pm »

RIP Mootles.
It really astounds me that after years of activity ranging from Oprah's 9000 pedobear penises to offshooting numerous SJW and hacker groups which have reached international news already there are still news organizations which haven't heard of 4chan before. The mirror honestly thinks uploading nudes is the biggest thing they've ever done. I'm actually academically interested in how divided the internet is as reading on tumblrs, reddits and news comments and news articles themselves as to perceptions of what 4chan is just get more and more hilarious. I'm going to go with the accepted theory that besides angsty 13 year olds, the accepted vitriol and shitposting is more than enough to deter everyone bar the insane or insanely bored from going to 4chan meaning its reputation has transcended its reality and has become mythical more than fact. They're an isolated community whose members partake in no rivals, how many sites exist like that? Truly a wtf topic to not think about.
Nah, you're thinking of /b/. It is the worst of the worst.
Outside of there the vitriol is accepted because it's the good kind. Like when you insult a friend, the same sentiment but towards a stranger.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #57446 on: September 01, 2014, 07:27:42 pm »

Nah, you're thinking of /b/. It is the worst of the worst.
Outside of there the vitriol is accepted because it's the good kind. Like when you insult a friend, the same sentiment but towards a stranger.
Spoiler: Ranting (click to show/hide)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57447 on: September 01, 2014, 07:33:19 pm »

Spoiler: Ranting (click to show/hide)
Just because it isn't conventionally friendly doesn't mean it isn't at all.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #57448 on: September 01, 2014, 07:47:07 pm »

That's the main reason I avoid 4chan.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #57449 on: September 01, 2014, 07:55:36 pm »

Just because it isn't conventionally friendly doesn't mean it isn't at all.
Friendly not as the definition of affection between persons, but friendly as the definition of kind and pleasant.
Pages: 1 ... 3828 3829 [3830] 3831 3832 ... 10974