Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3935 3936 [3937] 3938 3939 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13173188 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #59040 on: September 25, 2014, 06:14:40 pm »

Ah, wait. Sorry. Everything is improved by being sparkly except vampires. They're the exception. I'd say undead in general, but I'm currently picturing a zombie with its head replaced by a disco ball and giving non-vampires a pass.
Ah! That is why Thriller is such a good spell component for raising undead. Zombies are animated by music from the 60s, 70s, and 80s!
More reason to listen to my favorite radio station.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #59041 on: September 25, 2014, 06:34:54 pm »

Ah, wait. Sorry. Everything is improved by being sparkly except vampires. They're the exception. I'd say undead in general, but I'm currently picturing a zombie with its head replaced by a disco ball and giving non-vampires a pass.
Ah! That is why Thriller is such a good spell component for raising undead. Zombies are animated by music from the 60s, 70s, and 80s!
More reason to listen to my favorite radio station.
Good old classic-style music, perfect for acts of unspeakable SAN-reducing evil. Favorite sort!

Because seriously, modern music sucks. I mean, not all of it sucks, but basically any mainstream artist is at least 97% crap.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #59042 on: September 25, 2014, 06:38:04 pm »

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that 99% of music sucks, has sucked, and will continue to suck.

Simply because I don't like it.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #59043 on: September 25, 2014, 06:38:50 pm »

Found the metalhead :P.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #59044 on: September 25, 2014, 06:40:35 pm »

Your first sentence was accurate, II.

Your second, less so.

But yes, most music has been fairly mediocre over the years. Most entertainment, period. Wozzname's law or observation or whatev' it was. Quite certain back in the old days Australopithecus complained to each other about how the new rock hitting sounds worse than the old rock hitting.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59045 on: September 25, 2014, 06:40:35 pm »

There is some good music.

None of that music has been made in the last decade and been showcased on the radio at the same time.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #59046 on: September 25, 2014, 06:46:00 pm »

None of that music has been made in the last decade and been showcased on the radio at the same time.
There was most likely a similar amount of subpar music back in the past, it was just that we don't have all these neat and convenient ways to spread that manure as fast and as wide as we can now. As for radio, modern executives see that all you need to be successful and popular (Not necessarily remembered) is a mediocre artist with an army of sound engineers. A talented artist might sell that little bit better on occasion but is difficult to control and gets into scandals, so who needs good music on the radio?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #59047 on: September 25, 2014, 06:46:34 pm »

Nnooo, I'm pretty sure I heard Cee-Lo Green's "Fuck You" on the radio, and it was pretty solid. Hell, it was basically nu-funk. Nice bit of new meets old. There's usually one or two every couple of years that both manage to be on the radio and something approaching decent.

Also depends heavily on the radio station. NPR in this area has like Celtic Sundays or something like that, ferex, and iirc they get some nice new stuff in occasionally.
Ask not!
Ask!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #59048 on: September 25, 2014, 06:49:57 pm »

/r/lewrongeneration much?

All we're missing is the memes -.-'

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #59049 on: September 25, 2014, 06:52:47 pm »

... what's a lew rong generation? It sounds vaguely like some kind of mangled racial slur.
Ask not!
Ask!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59050 on: September 25, 2014, 06:56:08 pm »

Nnooo, I'm pretty sure I heard Cee-Lo Green's "Fuck You" on the radio, and it was pretty solid. Hell, it was basically nu-funk. Nice bit of new meets old. There's usually one or two every couple of years that both manage to be on the radio and something approaching decent.

Also depends heavily on the radio station. NPR in this area has like Celtic Sundays or something like that, ferex, and iirc they get some nice new stuff in occasionally.
The only exposure to music I get is some crappy pop station that my mom and sister insist menacingly on listening to every time they're in the car. You know, the kind with all that music I swear to god brainwashes people.

I agree that a gem shows every now and then, but it gets drowned by absolute crap within a season while they blare the exact same repetitive songs about "modern" love and sex and breakups and sex and hatred and sex and nonsensical stuff that makes no sense in any friggin' context and sex and kill me you fucks kill me.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #59051 on: September 25, 2014, 06:58:40 pm »

The only exposure to music I get is some crappy pop station that my mom and sister insist menacingly on listening to every time they're in the car. You know, the kind with all that music I swear to god brainwashes people.

I agree that a gem shows every now and then, but it gets drowned by absolute crap within a season while they blare the exact same repetitive songs about "modern" love and sex and breakups and sex and hatred and sex and nonsensical stuff that makes no sense in any friggin' context and sex and kill me you fucks kill me.

You forgot the songs about partying, drinking, clubbing and also partying. And drinking.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #59052 on: September 25, 2014, 06:59:51 pm »

I remember my grandparents telling me about those :3

Though I guess it was less clubs and more pubs, back then.
Ask not!
Ask!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59053 on: September 25, 2014, 07:02:25 pm »

-snip-
You forgot the songs about partying, drinking, clubbing and also partying. And drinking.
Thing is, songs that are not about love are featured at like a 1:50 ratio, non-love to love.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #59054 on: September 25, 2014, 07:22:39 pm »

Today I discovered that I find goths singing to me in German to be very soothing.

I don't think my music collection could be more eclectic if I tried.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 3935 3936 [3937] 3938 3939 ... 10983