Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4037 4038 [4039] 4040 4041 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13174748 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #60570 on: October 13, 2014, 07:42:30 pm »

I know this Is a touch late but after running out of ammo on both my best smg and revolver with the Anarchist build, I was only surviving by killing the babby skags while in the FFML mode.
When I was killed and instantly died.
Like, what? Normally I got about 10 seconds of FFML mode, but the last one took down in a few milliseconds.
And naturally, even though I was a couple meters away, he despawned.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60571 on: October 13, 2014, 07:59:32 pm »

Code: [Select]
[quote author=Wolfkit link=topic=68850.msg5731338#msg5731338 date=1413246711]
[size=1pt][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]Small[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/size]
[/quote]
You bastard.
What? did I overdo it? How about now?
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #60572 on: October 13, 2014, 08:06:32 pm »

I just love how these threads are basically built to derail to infinity. One second we're talking about how insane it is a dating website has a movie, the next we're discussing stereotypes and stuff, and a split second later we're joking around with [.sub] tags.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #60573 on: October 13, 2014, 08:07:59 pm »

Maybe a little. You know I'm serious because I'm including punctuation in the i tags.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #60574 on: October 13, 2014, 08:09:30 pm »

I know this Is a touch late but after running out of ammo on both my best smg and revolver with the Anarchist build, I was only surviving by killing the babby skags while in the FFML mode.
When I was killed and instantly died.
Like, what? Normally I got about 10 seconds of FFML mode, but the last one took down in a few milliseconds.
And naturally, even though I was a couple meters away, he despawned.
Go into FFYL mode enough in a short enough span of time and the time before bleedout decreases each time until it's almost impossible to not die.

[quote author=Wolfkit link=topic=68850.msg5731338#msg5731338 date=1413246711]
[size=1pt][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]Small[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/size]
[/quote]
You bastard.
What? did I overdo it?
[size=1pt][sub][sup][sub][sup][sub][sup][sub][sup][sub][sup][sub][sup][sub][sup][sub][sup][sub][sup][sub][sup][sub][sup][sub][sup][sub][sup][sub][sup][sub][sup][sub][sup][sub][sup][sub][sup][sub][sup][sub][sup][sub][sup][sub][sup][sub][sup][sub][sup][sub][sup][sub][sup][sub][sup][sup][sup][sup][sup][sup][sup][sup][sup][sup][sup][sup][sup][sup][sup][sup][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]How about now?[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sub][/sup][/sub][/sup][/sub][/sup][/sub][/sup][/sub][/sup][/sub][/sup][/sub][/sup][/sub][/sup][/sub][/sup][/sub][/sup][/sub][/sup][/sub][/sup][/sub][/sup][/sub][/sup][/sub][/sup][/sub][/sup][/sub][/sup][/sub][/sup][/sub][/sup][/sub][/sup][/sub][/sup][/sub][/sup][/sub][/sup][/sub][/sup][/sub][/sup][/sub][/sup][/sub][/size]
Just a bit, yeah.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #60575 on: October 13, 2014, 08:44:17 pm »

I will never understand anti-vaxxers.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60576 on: October 13, 2014, 08:48:13 pm »

I've already expressed my views on anti-vaxxers a couple of times on here.  Instead of making you guys listen to my side of it again, here's a better illustration of it!

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #60577 on: October 13, 2014, 08:51:34 pm »

The thing about that argument is that an 'immunocompromised' (not sure if that's a word, but I don't have a better suggestion, so let's roll with it) child will be in danger no matter where he or she goes, whether their classmates are vaccinated or not. Unless you have the money to surround your child in a perfectly sterile bubble, your worries are misplaced. For all you know, the secretary might not have been vaccinated. Or the custodian. Or the principal. The parents who decided not to vaccinate their children should not be responsible for the fact that you expect the world to be germ-free. Your situation is tragic, I'm not disputing that. What I am disputing is whether anti-vaxxers are to blame for all your woes.

Note: I'm not entirely anti-vax, I'm vaccinated against the biggies where the risk of not being vaccinated is bigger than any hypothetical side-effect of the vaccination itself, but you won't see me getting a flu shot every year.

There's also a decent helping of Devil's advocate mixed in with the above.

Cue anti-anti-vax dogpile in 3... 2... 1...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 08:59:20 pm by tahujdt »
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #60578 on: October 13, 2014, 08:59:16 pm »

Considering we eliminated smallpox from vaccination alone and are pretty damn near to eradicating polio the same way (There's still no cure, iirc, for either) then I think "expecting the world to be germ free" is a pretty safe bet. And that's globally.

Locally, that's a different story. Like, all these diseases were pretty much gone from the U.S. until anti-vax.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60579 on: October 13, 2014, 11:45:28 pm »

I've already expressed my views on anti-vaxxers a couple of times on here.  Instead of making you guys listen to my side of it again, here's a better illustration of it!
This video. I like this video.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #60580 on: October 14, 2014, 12:46:15 am »

The thing about that argument is that an 'immunocompromised' (not sure if that's a word, but I don't have a better suggestion, so let's roll with it)

. . .It is a word. Here's a reference.

Meaning: Immune system is weakened; body may be compromised to disease. Or the state in which a person's immune system is weakened that it may be less capable of combating infection or disease.

Cue anti-anti-vax dogpile in 3... 2... 1...
Erh?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 12:58:22 am by Tiruin »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #60581 on: October 14, 2014, 12:52:59 am »

Explanation: he was anticipating a negative, possibly aggressively defensive response to his post. Normal operating procedure when posting something other people don't generally agree with.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #60582 on: October 14, 2014, 12:57:26 am »

Explanation: he was anticipating a negative, possibly aggressively defensive response to his post. Normal operating procedure when posting something other people don't generally agree with.
Oh o_O Thanks.
...Weird. It's something to talk about logically.
*pats tahujdt* There's a difference between reactive, reactionary debate and logical and truthful debate. :P

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60583 on: October 14, 2014, 01:01:12 am »

Either way, there are much more effective ways of separating a person from their money. Sometimes, you can even make them happy by showing them something they never knew existed, telling them they need it, and then offering them a "good deal" on it. It's why I no longer sell $2,000 vacuum cleaners, as a matter of fact.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 01:03:11 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #60584 on: October 14, 2014, 01:23:41 am »

I love how it's basically a glorified mop.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 4037 4038 [4039] 4040 4041 ... 10983